Windows 10: How do I make a network shortcut to ftp://192.168.1.40:1212?

Discus and support How do I make a network shortcut to ftp://192.168.1.40:1212? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to access my Android phone from Windows 10 using ES File Explorer and I can do this by accessing L: ftp://192.168.1.40:1212 - I don't like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by THX1138, Nov 3, 2018.

1. THX1138 Win User

How do I make a network shortcut to ftp://192.168.1.40:1212?

I want to access my Android phone from Windows 10 using ES File Explorer and I can do this by accessing L: ftp://192.168.1.40:1212 - I don't like having to type that in each time so it would be nice to have a shortcut I can use.

Edit: never mind; it was easy to just context click and select "add a network location". I thought I'd tried that and failed already.

:)

THX1138, Nov 3, 2018

2. Open FTP site Via File Explorer

I use these steps:

To create a shortcut to open an FTP site in Windows Explorer

• Open Computer by clicking the Start button
      How do I make a network shortcut to ftp://192.168.1.40:1212? [​IMG]
      , and then clicking Computer.

• Right-click anywhere in the folder, and then click Add a Network Location.

• This displays the Add Network Connection wizard. Click Next.

• In the wizard, select Choose a custom network location, and then click Next.

• Enter the name of the FTP site, with the full FTP:// in front of it, and then click Next.

• To use a name and password, clear the Log on anonymously check box. Type a user name, and then click Next.

• By default, the name of the shortcut is the same as the FTP address. If you want to give the shortcut a different name, type it in the Type a name for this network location box. Click Next.

• If you do not want the FTP site to open after you're done setting up the shortcut, clear the Open this network location when I click Finish check box. Click Finish. A shortcut to
      the FTP site appears in the Computer folder. You can drag that shortcut to your desktop so that it's easy to find later.

I use my phone as FTP server and connect to PC via Router.

These step working perfectly in WIn7. But since i upgraded to Win10. I am not able to open the FTP site into File Explorer. FTP site opening perfectly in Browser. I also tried View> Open FTP in File Explorer. But nothing happened after clicking that link
    option.

ThunderStrom, Nov 3, 2018
  3. FTP view with windows explorer

dear member,

Untill yesterday, I could connect to my FTP address 192....and see the directory and files.

Just by typing the ftp://192...

But when I now try to connect with the ftp://etc. I get the error message "FTP Folder error" (Windows cannot access this folder...)

If I type "ftp//192..." the address will change in "ftp//ftp/192..." and if I the correct the IP address I get access tot the ftp root and see the files.

I want to see the files with the file explorer and, according to the advice I should press ALT, and then click View and Open FTP site with file explorer.

But that does not work.

I am working with windows 10. I try to do this on other computers of our (home) network and on those computers I do not have that problem. So it is entirely a problem on my computer.

Can someone help me in this?

EnricoFranco, Nov 3, 2018
  4. How do I make a network shortcut to ftp://192.168.1.40:1212?

Upload to FTP site

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps:

1. Open Computer by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Computer.

2. Right-click anywhere in the folder, and then click Add a Network Location.

3. This displays the Add Network Connection wizard. Click Next.

4. In the wizard, select Choose a custom network location, and then click Next.

5. Enter the name of the FTP site, with the full FTP: // in front of it, and then click Next.

6. To use a name and password, clear the Log on anonymously check box. Type a user name, and then click next.

7. By default, the name of the shortcut is the same as the FTP address. If you want to give the shortcut a different name, type it in the Type a name for this network location box. Click Next.

8. If you do not want the FTP site to open after you're done setting up the shortcut, clear the Open this network location when I click Finish check box. Click Finish. A shortcut to the FTP site appears in the Computer folder. You can drag that shortcut to
    your desktop so that it's easy to find later.

If the issue still persist I suggest you to post your query in TechNet forum for further assistances

Technet forums - Windows 10 IT Pro

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh_Babu, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

How do I make a network shortcut to ftp://192.168.1.40:1212?

1. How do I make a network shortcut to ftp://192.168.1.40:1212? - Similar Threads - network shortcut ftp

2. How do I make a shortcut for my college site

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make a shortcut for my college site: I have an hp windows 10 laptop that I am going to use for online college courses and would like to know how I add my college and its students portals to my favorites. I think that's what I'm trying to do. So that I can just click on it and windows will take me to that site or...
  3. How do I make a shortcut for my college site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make a shortcut for my college site: I have an hp windows 10 laptop that I am going to use for online college courses and would like to know how I add my college and its students portals to my favorites. I think that's what I'm trying to do. So that I can just click on it and windows will take me to that site or...
  4. How do I make a shortcut for my college site

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I creat a network shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I creat a network shortcut?: I have created a shared folder on my linux machine and would like to access it from my windows machine. I am trying to create a shortcut on my windows desktop that links to the folder on the linux desktop using the location "\\<ipaddress>\<shared_folder>". Windows security...
  6. How do I creat a network shortcut?

How do I creat a network shortcut?: I have created a shared folder on my linux machine and would like to access it from my windows machine. I am trying to create a shortcut on my windows desktop that links to the folder on the linux desktop using the location "\\<ipaddress>\<shared_folder>". Windows security...
  7. 1- how do I make a script to turn WiFi off. 2 - how do I make a script repeat? 3 how do I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1- how do I make a script to turn WiFi off. 2 - how do I make a script repeat? 3 how do I...: How do I make a batch file for this.I'm running windows 10. Could you give EXTREMELY SIMPLE step by step instructions. Also what if I wanted I wanted to stop this. What would I do then? Finally could you make the instructions numbered, so 1- answers question 1(script to turn...
  8. How can i make shortcut for Mail

How can i make shortcut for Mail: How can i make shortcut for Mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-make-shortcut-for-mail/b2759a70-71d4-43d4-b871-a774f849059a
  9. How do I create a shortcut to a file on the network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I create a shortcut to a file on the network?: I have some files (mainly spreadsheets) on the network and need to share some of those with managers I can share the link to the file by email quite easily, I can share the whole folder but dont want to. I Cant share a shortcut by email because Outlook removes it How do I...
  10. How do I access the MICROSOFT FTP server?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I access the MICROSOFT FTP server?: Hello, I would like to access the microsoft FTP server but have found no way of doing it. Going into a browser and typing ftp.microsoft.com doesnt work and this happens [img] (i have hidden all the stuff related to me) So if you beautiful people of the windows 10 fourms...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. http://192.168.1.40:1212