Windows 10: How do I make a photo smaller

Discus and support How do I make a photo smaller in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I make a photo smaller https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-a-photo-smaller/d4567548-355f-4e37-895d-ac31795ec426 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KimG1024, Aug 6, 2019.

1. KimG1024 Win User

How do I make a photo smaller

:)

KimG1024, Aug 6, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How do I make a photo smaller :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 6, 2019
  4. How do I make a photo smaller

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I make a photo smaller - Similar Threads - photo smaller

2. Print function in windows10 Photo app not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print function in windows10 Photo app not working: This is a pretty unique scenario, but it seems a lot of our staff use the print to pdf function in windows 10, for instance they get a .jpeg sent to them in an email, open it in the photo app, and print either to a pdf to save it, or to print out.The unique scenario is, the...
  3. Print function in windows10 Photo app not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print function in windows10 Photo app not working: This is a pretty unique scenario, but it seems a lot of our staff use the print to pdf function in windows 10, for instance they get a .jpeg sent to them in an email, open it in the photo app, and print either to a pdf to save it, or to print out.The unique scenario is, the...
  4. Windows 11 photo shows different date between details view and property view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 photo shows different date between details view and property view: Windows 11.I have copied photos from my iphone to my laptop. When I display the folder view as details the photos show the date as the date as the date taken, however when I do a right click and look at properties it shows the date of the copy which aligns with the details of...
  5. Windows 11 photo shows different date between details view and property view

Windows 11 photo shows different date between details view and property view: Windows 11.I have copied photos from my iphone to my laptop. When I display the folder view as details the photos show the date as the date as the date taken, however when I do a right click and look at properties it shows the date of the copy which aligns with the details of...
  6. I'm not able to open my photos

I'm not able to open my photos: They have been on external drive since about 2015. They show as jpg files but when try to open in photo viewer it gives error that shows photo name "photo.jpg" and then "it looks like we don't support this file format." Any ideas on how I can fix to get my photos back?...
  7. not able to reduce size of video to much smaller with photo app in window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to reduce size of video to much smaller with photo app in window 10: Recently out of the blue after a routine auto-update of window 10, am no longer able to down size video significantly when open in photo app or fiim/TV app to trim. Used to be able to trim down significantly from GB to MB- relatively fast and seamless. Now it does not trim...
  8. not able to reduce size of video to much smaller with photo app in window 10

not able to reduce size of video to much smaller with photo app in window 10: Recently out of the blue after a routine auto-update of window 10, am no longer able to down size video significantly when open in photo app or fiim/TV app to trim. Used to be able to trim down significantly from GB to MB- relatively fast and seamless. Now it does not trim...
  9. Photos disappeared from Start menu, along with other smaller apps.

Photos disappeared from Start menu, along with other smaller apps.: A couple of weeks ago, i was able to transfer photos from my old cellular to the pc. - great. I wanted to repeat again the feat, but no longer there was a 'Photos" program, application or extension whatsoever. I have tried resets, re installing w10 w updates which by the...
  10. jpeg photo file--make smaller file size to send

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    jpeg photo file--make smaller file size to send: how to make a jpeg smaller file size to post or send https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/jpeg-photo-file-make-smaller-file-size-to-send/317fd74d-1352-4e5e-910a-85773a389026