Windows 10: How do I make a semi-transparent background overlaying bar?

Discus and support How do I make a semi-transparent background overlaying bar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In order to make my desktop a little bit more organized, I wanted to add a sort of bar as seen in the image below. My background is constantly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Thijs-02, May 9, 2020.

1. Thijs-02 Win User

How do I make a semi-transparent background overlaying bar?

In order to make my desktop a little bit more organized, I wanted to add a sort of bar as seen in the image below. My background is constantly changing, so I can't hard-code it into the wallpaper. Any tips? Perhaps it could be done with a third-party app?How do I make a semi-transparent background overlaying bar? [​IMG]

:)

Thijs-02, May 9, 2020
  2. dzbfree Win User

Desktop background covered by semi-transparent screen

My desktop suddenly looks like it has a semi-transparent screen over it. When I click on a program icon on the taskbar, my background will be normal for a second before the program I clicked on pops up.

dzbfree, May 9, 2020
  3. YBreton Win User
    Windows 10 Taskbar Transparency Level

About Task Bar transparent background, I found How:

On the Desktop, right click and choose PERSONALISATION.

Click START

Turn START FULL SCREEN to ON

Then the tiles are detached from the semi-transparent background that can be seen around the tiles.

YBreton, May 9, 2020
  4. Drfho Win User

After Win10 Creators Update: the Task Bar has 100%-transparent instead of 100%-black background

Hi all,

after latest Update (Win10 pro/x64 Creators Update Version 1703) the formerly black, intransparent task bar became 100%-transparent (with a black line on top) - and thus became barely visible.

Now, for a better visibility I had to activate to option transparency effects (from
    settings->personalisation->colors), which changes the background of all the (other) main-menus (start, taskbar, action center) into semi-transparency, too.

How can I force all the main-menus into a intransparent black background (like before the Creators Update)?

Thanks in advance

Frank

Drfho, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I make a semi-transparent background overlaying bar? - Similar Threads - semi transparent background

2. How do you make a background that isn't transparent in Paint 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you make a background that isn't transparent in Paint 11?: I am trying to use an old file, that is already a specific size, to create something new. However, whenever I erase or cut, the background switches from white to transparent. How do I fill the space with the colour of background that I would like?...
  3. How do you make a background that isn't transparent in Paint 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do you make a background that isn't transparent in Paint 11?: I am trying to use an old file, that is already a specific size, to create something new. However, whenever I erase or cut, the background switches from white to transparent. How do I fill the space with the colour of background that I would like?...
  4. semi-transparent bar on the side of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    semi-transparent bar on the side of the screen: Since today, there has been a semi-transparent black box on the side of my screen. How do i close it? I have tried restarting the computer but it remains there. I don't think I enabled anything that lead to this. The bar would not show in screenshots, so I took a picture with...
  5. semi-transparent bar on the side of the screen

semi-transparent bar on the side of the screen: Since today, there has been a semi-transparent black box on the side of my screen. How do i close it? I have tried restarting the computer but it remains there. I don't think I enabled anything that lead to this. The bar would not show in screenshots, so I took a picture with...
  6. Transparent WINDOWS. Overlay

Transparent WINDOWS. Overlay: I am wanting a transparent Windows overlay. I have a stock screen from Yahoo with lots of data. Like MS and have the Price, PE Ratio, Sales etc. What I would like to have is a transparent overlay which I could put a circle around the data I want to look at. As I scroll...
  7. This is Xbox Game Bar, how do I make the FPS counter completely transparent (the background)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This is Xbox Game Bar, how do I make the FPS counter completely transparent (the background)?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rayjaywolf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lqh7l6/this_is_xbox_game_bar_how_do_i_make_the_fps/
  8. How do I make Windows 10 taskbar have a transparent or blurred background?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make Windows 10 taskbar have a transparent or blurred background?: Hi all, is there a way to make Windows 10 taskbar transparent or blurred using any setting or any other method? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-windows-10-taskbar-have-a/8d8ff329-5444-4000-a39b-69d8dc143d15
  9. Desktop background covered by semi-transparent screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop background covered by semi-transparent screen: My desktop suddenly looks like it has a semi-transparent screen over it. When I click on a program icon on the taskbar, my background will be normal for a second before the program I clicked on pops up....
  10. Semi transparent shapes

in Windows 10 Support
    Semi transparent shapes: Often see those semi transparent markings on items in some YouTube videos for example and am wondering if someone can let me know if this can be done without using some expensive graphics software. Have used the snipping tool for many years but there does not seem to have...