Windows 10: how do i make a software start automatically when i lock my pc

Discus and support how do i make a software start automatically when i lock my pc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; how doo i make an sofware start automatically when i lock my pc . im using win10 pro (Using win10 pro) 63543 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anshul Singh, Sep 12, 2016.

1. how do i make a software start automatically when i lock my pc

how doo i make an sofware start automatically when i lock my pc . im using win10 pro (Using win10 pro)

:)

Anshul Singh, Sep 12, 2016
  2. EJS777 Win User

How do I start a program automatically when Windows 10 opens?

Niranjan,

I tried placing a shortcut in the shell:startup folder, which is meant for the logged in user and the folder you mentioned. My program never started.

I tried placing a shortcut in the shell:common startup folder, which is meant for all users, and again it did not work.

Is there something else that should be enabled?

EJS777, Sep 12, 2016
  3. How do I start a program automatically when Windows 10 opens?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

a. Save the shortcut icon of the program on the desktop

b. Browse to the following location

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

(You may not be able to view Program Data as it is hidden folder, in that case, press
    Windows key + E, click View tab and then click to check the option
    Hidden items)

c. Copy the shortcut icon of the program to Startup folder and exit out

Restart the computer to check and let us know the status, we'll be happy to assist you further.

Niranjan Manjhi, Sep 12, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

how do i make a software start automatically when i lock my pc

How do you start a program when you lock your PC?

You use the task scheduler, create a task and specify the appropriate trigger:

how do i make a software start automatically when i lock my pc [​IMG]

dalchina, Sep 12, 2016
Thema:

how do i make a software start automatically when i lock my pc

1. how do i make a software start automatically when i lock my pc - Similar Threads - software start automatically

2. How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid: When I close it currently this keeps my device unlocked but it sleeps it. This makes it run out on screen time, and is just not secure. I am running windows 11...
  3. How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid: When I close it currently this keeps my device unlocked but it sleeps it. This makes it run out on screen time, and is just not secure. I am running windows 11...
  4. How do I stop background apps from automatically stopping when I lock my PC in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop background apps from automatically stopping when I lock my PC in windows 11: Basically, whenever I lock my PC it suspends background apps that control my PC's lighting, resetting it to its default colors, how do I stop that....
  5. How do I stop background apps from automatically stopping when I lock my PC in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop background apps from automatically stopping when I lock my PC in windows 11: Basically, whenever I lock my PC it suspends background apps that control my PC's lighting, resetting it to its default colors, how do I stop that....
  6. How do I make hibernation lock my PC without sleep also doing so?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I make hibernation lock my PC without sleep also doing so?: The setting in accounts>sign in options>Require sign-in toggles locking for both sleep and hibernation. Is there a way to make it require sign-in after hibernation but not after sleep?...
  7. How do I make a slideshow start automatically on boot and make it loop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make a slideshow start automatically on boot and make it loop?: Hi guys, I have a bunch of photos in a folder (folder is located on the Desktop) and I was wondering, how can I make it a slideshow and then set it up so that on every boot startup, it automatically opens the photos and display it as a slideshow and keeps it looping? Trying...
  8. How do I make a software not auto launch when connecting driv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I make a software not auto launch when connecting driv: One day when I connected my Pioneer drive it asked if I always wanted to play the CD on a certain software and I accidentally clicked yes. Now I dont know how to make it not play automatically everytime a CD is inserted into the drive. 165410
  9. How do I make windows automatically switch to my earbuds when I plug them in?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make windows automatically switch to my earbuds when I plug them in?: Unless I have my speaker audio up they don't switch untill I change the volume, but I don't like having my volume up at night, accidently unplugging the earbuds, and blasting youtube and waking my parents. submitted by /u/glitchmasterYT [link] [comments]...
  10. How do I make my start up faster

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I make my start up faster: Windows has been booting slowly since a past few days for me. It might probably be a virus but I'm not certain of that yet. The inbuilt troubleshooter gave the suggestion of cleaning the registry but it hasn't been working and I don't have any knowledge of how the registry...