Windows 10: How do I make a USB barcode printer recognized by windows 11 as a printer?

Discus and support How do I make a USB barcode printer recognized by windows 11 as a printer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I own a Coopaty C30s barcode and label printer. My old laptop windows 10 recognized and allowed me to print shipping labels from ebay, amazon, etc with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sangreal2012, Aug 15, 2022.

1. How do I make a USB barcode printer recognized by windows 11 as a printer?

I own a Coopaty C30s barcode and label printer. My old laptop windows 10 recognized and allowed me to print shipping labels from ebay, amazon, etc with no problems. My new laptop windows 11 has installed the device but has classified it in device hardware as "unspecified" not as "printer" so does not show up in the printer choices for those sites anymore. Any ideas on how to get it to be a printer?

:)

Sangreal2012, Aug 15, 2022

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile How do I make a USB barcode printer recognized by windows 11 as a printer? :)

zarathustra2012, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Firebeast Win User
    Mac OSX USB printer problem

OK i just bought the Canon IP4500 usb printer and installed it on the mac following hte instructions to the letter.

No printer is found and i cannot add it in the Printer list, cause theres no option for USB printer installation, only Appletalk, Bluetooth, and Windows Printing.

I have downloaded the latest drivers etc... but no luck *Bang Head :banghead:

As it is i dont like macs but now with a simple thing as this i dislike them even more.

Last resort is trying installing the printer on a Vista pc and see if it works, if it does then the mac is up to shit, if it does not install then the printer is up to shit.

Anyone had a similar problem maybe and how did you overcome it?

Firebeast, Aug 15, 2022
  4. keakar Win User

How do I make a USB barcode printer recognized by windows 11 as a printer?

Printer advice

hp printers have the most expensive ink of all printers, the most economical is cannon and epson so i suggest if you looking to keep costs down look at those brands.

that being said it may not have the best print quality if it uses less costly ink.

if keeping cost down is the most important then shop in reverse, find a brand that has cheap replacement ink cartridges then see what printers they are used on. then from that list look to see if you like any of those printers and if they are affordable to you, if not then select another ink cartridge and look at the printers that those are used on. this method will give you the most affordable printer and the cheapest cost of replacement ink.

personally i use the refillable ink cartridges like these: http://www.inkproducts.com/ink-store/catalog/Our-Epson-Refill-Kits-orderby0-p-1-c-4.html

keakar, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

How do I make a USB barcode printer recognized by windows 11 as a printer?

1. How do I make a USB barcode printer recognized by windows 11 as a printer? - Similar Threads - USB barcode printer

2. USB Not Recognized - Printer Not Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Not Recognized - Printer Not Connected: Been over and over this.I start HP printer installer app for HP Officejet All In One 5255Win 10 keeps flashing a 'USB Device Not Recognized' and HP Setup keeps saying 'Printer Not Connected' after I specify USB connection.I have already 'Stopped' Win Sys 32 PRINTER,...
  3. USB Not Recognized - Printer Not Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Not Recognized - Printer Not Connected: Been over and over this.I start HP printer installer app for HP Officejet All In One 5255Win 10 keeps flashing a 'USB Device Not Recognized' and HP Setup keeps saying 'Printer Not Connected' after I specify USB connection.I have already 'Stopped' Win Sys 32 PRINTER,...
  4. USB Not Recognized - Printer Not Connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Printer Not Recognized & Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer Not Recognized & Unknown USB Device: This morning I turned on my computer and it suddenly found or recognized my USB Connected HP Officejet 5255 -something it had not done in weeks, preventing both printing and reinstall of the HP software....so having found the printer, I gave win 10 another go at installing...
  6. Printer Not Recognized & Unknown USB Device

Printer Not Recognized & Unknown USB Device: This morning I turned on my computer and it suddenly found or recognized my USB Connected HP Officejet 5255 -something it had not done in weeks, preventing both printing and reinstall of the HP software....so having found the printer, I gave win 10 another go at installing...
  7. Printer is not recognized by Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer is not recognized by Win 11: My printer is a brother DCP-130C and my laptop is running Windows 11. The printer is not being recognized so I can't install it. This seems to be an ongoing problem every time I update my computers or OS. I'm sick of having to get all new gear each time. Hope someone can...
  8. Printer is not recognized by Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer is not recognized by Win 11: My printer is a brother DCP-130C and my laptop is running Windows 11. The printer is not being recognized so I can't install it. This seems to be an ongoing problem every time I update my computers or OS. I'm sick of having to get all new gear each time. Hope someone can...
  9. How do I make a USB barcode printer recognized by windows 11 as a printer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make a USB barcode printer recognized by windows 11 as a printer?: I own a Coopaty C30s barcode and label printer. My old laptop windows 10 recognized and allowed me to print shipping labels from ebay, amazon, etc with no problems. My new laptop windows 11 has installed the device but has classified it in device hardware as "unspecified" not...
  10. how do I make the printer print larger

how do I make the printer print larger: printer font size change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-the-printer-print-larger/4e4e5e59-ecfe-480b-8efc-5a1c05c9e35b