Windows 10: How do I Make a Window Stay on the Right Side of the Screen?

Discus and support How do I Make a Window Stay on the Right Side of the Screen? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I frequently have to compare items side by side. However, when I move a window to the right side of my screen it frequently jumps to full screen - an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MSTsuries, Oct 15, 2020.

1. MSTsuries Win User

How do I Make a Window Stay on the Right Side of the Screen?

I frequently have to compare items side by side. However, when I move a window to the right side of my screen it frequently jumps to full screen - an unexpected and unrequested behavior. MOST ANNOYING. I then have to fight for several attempts to get the window to stay the size and position at which I place it.

How do I make a window stay on the right side of the screen without jumping to fill the entire screen?

:)

MSTsuries, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Laptop screen stays off after sleep.

Hi David,

Conflicts with the power plan settings or a corrupted display driver can cause your screen to stay black when waking from sleep mode. As an initial step to prevent this from happening, we suggest that you restore the power plan settings to default. To do
    this, follow these steps:

• Type Command Prompt in the search box. From the search result, right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste or type in the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Press Enter and wait for the command to finish.

Note: This option will delete all custom power plans and restore the built in power plan settings of your device.

In the event that you encounter the same issue after restoring the power plan settings, ensure that your device display driver is updated. You can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your drivers and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can update us with the results.

Eric Ber, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Screen stays on

Hi Scott,

Enable for you PC screen to stay on, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware and Sound option.
    • Click Change when the computer sleep option under Power Options.
    • Set up your desire settings for Turn off the display and
      Put the computer to sleep
      option.
    • Click Save Changes.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I Make a Window Stay on the Right Side of the Screen? - Similar Threads - Window Stay Right

2. How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I VERY much prefer to have my task bar in a vertical alignment along the right side of my screen. It seems with this latest window update you cannot have the taskbar anywhere but along the bottom. Is there some way I can update this?...
  3. How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move the taskbar to the right side of my screen in Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and I VERY much prefer to have my task bar in a vertical alignment along the right side of my screen. It seems with this latest window update you cannot have the taskbar anywhere but along the bottom. Is there some way I can update this?...
  4. How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?: There is a letter b which looks like comic strip dialogue. Below it is a mirror, a picnic basket, two chess pieces, a tree and some other stuff and "settings" in the lower right corner....
  5. How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of what is on the right side of my screen?: There is a letter b which looks like comic strip dialogue. Below it is a mirror, a picnic basket, two chess pieces, a tree and some other stuff and "settings" in the lower right corner....
  6. how to keep the screen on the right side

in Windows 10 Support
    how to keep the screen on the right side: i asked this yesterday but maybe not very good so here it is again. i have win10 using a hp probook 6465b laptop. ver 21h1 build 19043.1052 this never happened until about a week ago. but this is the issue. i have my browser screen set to about 2/3 and all the way to the...
  7. How do I make apps in Carat group on lower right hand side visible?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make apps in Carat group on lower right hand side visible?: [ATTACH] How do I make these applications visible on the Taskbar? Driving me crazy. Settings > Personalization > Taskbar not helping. I used to be able to do this in earlier versions of Windows. Thanks...
  8. right hand side buttons stay combined

in Windows 10 Support
    right hand side buttons stay combined: Hello, I don't know if this is the right topic to discuss my problem. Although TaskBar Parameters set Buttons to Never Combine. The right hand side buttons stay combined (see image). How to get these Buttons straight on the tTaskBar? Regards [img] 162398
  9. Right side of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right side of screen: So when i load My games from windows 10 . Then i click the right side of the screen it brings me back to windows. It also not just one game its all of them. Ive been trying to work out if theres some boarder system that i need to turn off. Can anyone help me workout where I’m...
  10. How do I get rid of the window pane on the right side of the screen?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of the window pane on the right side of the screen?: Whenever I open My Documents folder and then open a document or picture or video, there is always a pane on the right side of the screen with a large thumbnail of whatever I have opened. How do I get rid of that pane? Thank you. Windows 10 Home Version 1903 144001