Windows 10: How do I make a windows recovery environment using command prompt?

Discus and support How do I make a windows recovery environment using command prompt? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to make a windows recovery environment, so I can reset my computer that continuously blue screens, but the reagentc/X command isn't doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dandertuts, Oct 30, 2022.

1. How do I make a windows recovery environment using command prompt?

I'm trying to make a windows recovery environment, so I can reset my computer that continuously blue screens, but the reagentc/X command isn't doing anything, whenever I try to enable it, it goes something like this image attached if anyone knows how to fix this, help would be appreciated.

:)

Dandertuts, Oct 30, 2022
  2. topgundcp Win User

How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Oct 30, 2022
  3. cwtech Win User
    command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Oct 30, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

How do I make a windows recovery environment using command prompt?

Unable to access Windows Recovery Environment normally

Some entries in the bcd for the recovery environment is either corrupted or missing. To fix the problem, you;d need to rebuild the entries for the recovery environment.
    Here's the steps:
    1. Turn on folder options to show hidden files/folders. Open admin command then type: reagentc /disable
      - This will move 2 files from the recovery partition reagent.xml and winre.wim to C:\windows\system32\recovery
    2. If you have the Windows 10 ISO, double click on it to mount to a virtual cd/dvd else If you have the Windows 10 USB then navigate to Sources folder and look for install.esd or install.wim.
    3. Use 7-ZIP to open install.esd or install.wim, select and index. eg. 6 then navigate to Windows\system32\recovery. You'd see 2 files: Winre.wim and reagent.xml.
    4. Remove everything from C:\windows\system32\recovery (ie. your current winre.win and reagent.xml)
    5. Copy the new winre.wim and reagent.xml from the install.esd/install.wim to C:\windows\system32\Recovery
    6. From admin command, type: ReAgentc /enable
    Reboot to recovery. This will also fix the problem with shutdown /r /o

topgundcp, Oct 30, 2022
Thema:

How do I make a windows recovery environment using command prompt?

1. How do I make a windows recovery environment using command prompt? - Similar Threads - recovery environment using

2. How Do You Create the Windows Recovery Environment from Scratch Using Command Prompe or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do You Create the Windows Recovery Environment from Scratch Using Command Prompe or...: Hi Microsoft friends.How do you create the Windows Recovery Environment Winre from scratch using Command Prompt, PowerShell or a 3rd-party app if the SFC, DISM, Bootrec don't work msconfig also doesn't work? Some .exe work, some don't, some .msc work, some don't. The Windows...
  3. How Do You Create the Windows Recovery Environment from Scratch Using Command Prompe or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do You Create the Windows Recovery Environment from Scratch Using Command Prompe or...: Hi Microsoft friends.How do you create the Windows Recovery Environment Winre from scratch using Command Prompt, PowerShell or a 3rd-party app if the SFC, DISM, Bootrec don't work msconfig also doesn't work? Some .exe work, some don't, some .msc work, some don't. The Windows...
  4. How do I make a windows recovery environment using command prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make a windows recovery environment using command prompt?: I'm trying to make a windows recovery environment, so I can reset my computer that continuously blue screens, but the reagentc/X command isn't doing anything, whenever I try to enable it, it goes something like this image attached if anyone knows how to fix this, help would...
  5. How do I make a windows recovery environment using command prompt?

How do I make a windows recovery environment using command prompt?: I'm trying to make a windows recovery environment, so I can reset my computer that continuously blue screens, but the reagentc/X command isn't doing anything, whenever I try to enable it, it goes something like this image attached if anyone knows how to fix this, help would...
  6. How to use ADB in Windows Recovery command prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use ADB in Windows Recovery command prompt?: I need to copy a file from Android phone while in Windows 11 Recovery command prompt.However, the phone is not visible as a drive and running adb results in "adb.exe is not compatible with this version of Windows" error.Please let me know what I can do here.Thank you....
  7. How to use ADB in Windows Recovery command prompt?

How to use ADB in Windows Recovery command prompt?: I need to copy a file from Android phone while in Windows 11 Recovery command prompt.However, the phone is not visible as a drive and running adb results in "adb.exe is not compatible with this version of Windows" error.Please let me know what I can do here.Thank you....
  8. how do i make an exe file out of a command prompt command

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do i make an exe file out of a command prompt command: hi, i am curious of how to make an exe file run a command into command prompt. Can someone help me? submitted by /u/Ethanol2814 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lql0i3/how_do_i_make_an_exe_file_out_of_a_command_prompt/
  9. [Help] How do i open command prompt in recovery mode without a password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Help] How do i open command prompt in recovery mode without a password?: Found an old laptop somewhere and decided to get it to use. The problem is that i don't know the password. Decided to boot up in recovery mode and run the command prompt command so i can reset the password. The only problem is, that i need the password to run it. Not feeling...
  10. How do Software companies use Windows Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do Software companies use Windows Command Prompt?: I'm curious as to why do software companies use windows command prompt? Like what are the most common commands they use and why? What can I do in command prompt?...