Windows 10: How do I make an adult family member a co administrator?

Discus and support How do I make an adult family member a co administrator? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm setting up a new computer for a 2 person family and somehow one has administrative authority and the other doesn't... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Mackeyproduce, Jan 17, 2020.

1. How do I make an adult family member a co administrator?

I'm setting up a new computer for a 2 person family and somehow one has administrative authority and the other doesn't

:)

Mackeyproduce, Jan 17, 2020
  2. JohnWFink Win User

Permissions on Accounts after adding Family Adult to Login

What access to my files, (primary user and Administrator), does an Adult Family member have when they log into my computer?

Original title: Adding a Family Adult to Login

JohnWFink, Jan 17, 2020
  3. AlanPQ Win User
    Adding Adult Family Member and comcast.net e-mail account

I am running Windows 10 on my Dell PC and I am set up as the system administrator and have Xfinity as my ISP and Comcast.net as my personal e-mail.

I want it add my wife to the account where she has her own e-mail address and sign on. The problem is when I try to add her as a family adult member, it wants to set up an e-mail as an outlook.com address and the other options its list does not include
    Comcast/met. How can I set this up?

AlanPQ, Jan 17, 2020
  4. How do I make an adult family member a co administrator?

How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

How do I make an adult family member a co administrator?

1. How do I make an adult family member a co administrator? - Similar Threads - adult family member

2. How do I share Minecraft with family members

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How do I share Minecraft with family members: I know this question has been asked before by others but I can not seem to get this to work. I purchased Minecraft using my account and would like to share it with my daughters account. I have a family set up, with myself and my daughters accounts. I followed the steps here:...
  3. Are there Family Member, Adult? And other related questions about accepting Members in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there Family Member, Adult? And other related questions about accepting Members in...: Hello,I added an account for my mom in the Family section as a Member instead of an Organizer. Though her birthdate is correct in her Microsoft Account, she is now listed as a child. She verified her account and she signed onto my computer with her Microsoft Account. I, then,...
  4. Are there Family Member, Adult? And other related questions about accepting Members in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there Family Member, Adult? And other related questions about accepting Members in...: Hello,I added an account for my mom in the Family section as a Member instead of an Organizer. Though her birthdate is correct in her Microsoft Account, she is now listed as a child. She verified her account and she signed onto my computer with her Microsoft Account. I, then,...
  5. Are there Family Member, Adult? And other related questions about accepting Members in...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. How do I change a family member birthdate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change a family member birthdate?: I log into my parent account but am unable to change the birthdate on the member, which is actually me. Microsoft changed my birthdate to a child. I have contacted microsoft several times and they cannot figure out what is wrong. Can anyone help?...
  7. How do I change a family member birthdate?

How do I change a family member birthdate?: I log into my parent account but am unable to change the birthdate on the member, which is actually me. Microsoft changed my birthdate to a child. I have contacted microsoft several times and they cannot figure out what is wrong. Can anyone help?...
  8. Can't make an adult administrator

Can't make an adult administrator: Ok, I've about had it w10. I have enjoyed since it came out, until today. I am trying to add a user to my pc. Four times today, I made an email account, then created the user account, as an adult admin acct. Then when I had accepted the invitation, I would go back to...
  9. Remove Adult Family Member

Remove Adult Family Member: I'm trying to remove an adult from my Family list and I keep getting an error "We can't do this right now. Try again later" I'm connected to the internet just fine - what do I need to do differently?...
  10. Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group

Last member (Adult) unable to leave Family group: [img] [img] [img] winver: 19041.113 I'd like to leave this family(-group) to join another, but I've been seeing this same error for several days now, across at least a couple reboots. Additional information: I've sent this account an invite from the other family, and...