Windows 10: How do I make an internal hard drive inaccessible or invisible to other users on windows 11?

Discus and support How do I make an internal hard drive inaccessible or invisible to other users on windows 11? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-an-internal-hard-drive-inaccessible/68a3a45d-a2be-4b94-9c40-ed8c44bbb5fc Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rabbani Clayton, May 11, 2024.

1. How do I make an internal hard drive inaccessible or invisible to other users on windows 11?

:)

Rabbani Clayton, May 11, 2024

2. Windows10: Disappearing internal hard drive and appearing after restart

I am using dell tower pc with Windows 10 operating system. I have attached 1tb additional internal hard disk labled D:. Sometimes drive is not accessible and than invisible but i am able to restore by just restarting it. It happened multiple times. IT team
    is saying that they are unable to find any logs.it is just going invisible and inaccessible and getting restored after restart.Kindly help me in identifying root cause.

- D drive separate 1tb hard drive attached inside.

- C is the drive comes with pc and os instslled here

1.Can i get any information about this issue in any log. If yes, where can i get them?

Where the system logs will store(c drive where os installed or d drivr?

2. What would be the possible root cause.

3. Can you share the debug steps

Thanks in advance.

Siva

SivaKumar Reddy1, May 11, 2024
  3. Hard drive filled with invisible files.

My C:\ drive, which holds the Windows 10 OS, programs data/files and a little bit of user data, shows that I have used roughly 600gb of space (first image below) on a 1TB SSD. When I use WinDirStat to see what's on that drive, it shows that I have about 120gb of data on it (second image). Could someone kindly suggest what could be taking up 480gb of space—and why it is invisible to WinDirStat. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

How do I make an internal hard drive inaccessible or invisible to other users on windows 11? 128635d1491521786t-hard-drive-filled-invisible-files-2017_04_06_23_36_262.png

How do I make an internal hard drive inaccessible or invisible to other users on windows 11? 128634d1491521694t-hard-drive-filled-invisible-files-2017_04_06_23_34_541.png

Slow Processor, May 11, 2024
  4. malware Win User

How do I make an internal hard drive inaccessible or invisible to other users on windows 11?

Seagate Extends Warranty on Maxtor Internal Hard Drives

Seagate Technology, the worldwide leader in hard disc drives and consumer storage solutions, today announced a three-year limited warranty, effective immediately, on every Maxtor branded Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit that is now shipping worldwide. Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kits are designed for users who want to replace or upgrade their internal hard drives in their PC or Mac. This move shows Seagate's continued commitment to its retail customers, giving them more storage choices, while providing best-in-class warranty protection, service and support on the world's most reliable hard drives. The new three-year limited warranty applies retroactively to all Maxtor branded Internal Hard Drive Kits in retail channel inventory, or purchased by consumers on or after October 1, 2006.

For early shoppers, a Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit is a perfect gift for that special someone who wants to upgrade their computer hard drive, giving it more capacity and the speed needed for demanding multimedia applications such as games and video. Consumers looking to upgrade to the premium version of Microsoft Windows Vista will also require more than 10GB of free hard drive space to load the operating system, and will need faster data transfer rates to obtain and enjoy a best-in-class computing experience from Microsoft.

This holiday season, digital cameras are also expected to be one of the hottest gift items according to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). With this, consumers will be shooting more and more digital photos and downloading them on to their internal computer hard drive. Topping off at 500GB, a Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kit not only satisfies the needs of this storage-intensive application, but also provides ample capacity for downloading the Internet's media-rich content such as music, video, photos, files and games. With Maxtor Retail Hard Drives by Seagate, consumers can rest assured in knowing that their data is stored on a trusted and reliable hard drive.

"Whether it's an internal hard drive or a simple to use external storage and backup solution, Seagate has a product for everyone," said Jim Druckrey, senior vice president and general manager for Seagate Branded Solutions. "Our Maxtor Branded Retail Kits include an industry leading drive manufactured by Seagate, giving consumers the quality assurance and reliability the industry has come to expect from Seagate. The positive response we have received from our retail partners is a testament to their confidence in our ability to deliver products that blend value, innovative storage technology and reliability."

Maxtor Internal Hard Drive Retail Kits come in capacities up to 500GB and include components users need to install the new hard drive - mounting screws, a PATA or SATA cable and step-by-step instructions, making it easy to upgrade their PC or Mac. Maxtor Hard Drive Retail Kits are available at retailers worldwide. Suggested retail price ranges from $79.95 for 80GB to $239.95 for 500GB. For more information, please visit www.maxtorsolutions.com.

Source: Seagate

malware, May 11, 2024
Thema:

How do I make an internal hard drive inaccessible or invisible to other users on windows 11?

1. How do I make an internal hard drive inaccessible or invisible to other users on windows 11? - Similar Threads - internal hard drive

2. How do I make an internal hard drive inaccessible or invisible to other users on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make an internal hard drive inaccessible or invisible to other users on windows 11?: ...... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-an-internal-hard-drive-inaccessible/68a3a45d-a2be-4b94-9c40-ed8c44bbb5fc
  3. How do I make my hard drive reappear

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I make my hard drive reappear: my computer was missing icons on some system apps, I tried fixing it but couldnt, so I factory reset it, plus my computer was a mess, everything was fine til I noticed there was an unused folder in my D drive called WindowsApps that I couldn't delete because the permissions...
  4. How do I make my hard drive reappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my hard drive reappear: my computer was missing icons on some system apps, I tried fixing it but couldnt, so I factory reset it, plus my computer was a mess, everything was fine til I noticed there was an unused folder in my D drive called WindowsApps that I couldn't delete because the permissions...
  5. How do I make my hard drive reappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do I make my files invisible to another users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make my files invisible to another users?: On other users, when they type something in the windows search bar, files on my main user pop up (and they are able to use them and everything). I wish to disable that option. How do I do that? Thanks you for your help submitted by /u/Voliath [link] [comments]...
  7. Hard Drive Folders inaccessible

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Folders inaccessible: The HP 8200 Elite SFF with Windows 10 64 bit the internal hard drive forever (j:) is with an issue. Last night the computer worked fine, today when I turned it on this happened. I opened up Forever and drilled down to a folder 'sites' and found a site folder I needed. I...
  8. How do I unlock internal hard drive

How do I unlock internal hard drive: Enter the 48 digit recovery key, but "a valid usb key wasn't detected." My computer was repaired. This is the internal drive I took out during repair. Now I put the drive back in and it is bitlocked. The C drive where Windows 10 is loaded works fine. larry...
  9. How do I make a bootable stick to repair the internal hard drive (badies, ect ...)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I make a bootable stick to repair the internal hard drive (badies, ect ...): Hello, Dear Sir / Madam please beautifully help me and me to make a bootable internal hard core repair bug (bad, ect) Wait for response! Thank you! A great day!...
  10. RAW external hard drive after making it internal

RAW external hard drive after making it internal: So here's what happened. I've decided to make my 1TB WD external HDD to aninternal one, I connected it internally using SATA, booted up Windows, and found it wasn't displayed in my computer. I tried to assign a drive letter and initialize it, make it active but it stays at...