Windows 10: How do I make apps open on the correct monitor?

Discus and support How do I make apps open on the correct monitor? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If i click an app on my right taskbar, it opens on the left, if i click one on the left, it still opens on the left. How do I make it open wherever i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SomeCleverName48, Dec 28, 2020.

1. How do I make apps open on the correct monitor?

If i click an app on my right taskbar, it opens on the left, if i click one on the left, it still opens on the left. How do I make it open wherever i click?

submitted by /u/SomeCleverName48
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SomeCleverName48, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How do I make apps open on the correct monitor? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Callender Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

How do I make apps open on the correct monitor? [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

How do I make apps open on the correct monitor?

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

How do I make apps open on the correct monitor?

1. How do I make apps open on the correct monitor? - Similar Threads - apps open correct

2. How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...: I have a 4 monitor setup. I do not want to "assign apps to a specific monitor". If I click on Microsoft Word on my 3rd monitor, that's where I want it to show up. Tomorrow, I may click on Microsoft Word on my 2nd monitor, and that's where I want it to show up for that...
  3. How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...: I have a 4 monitor setup. I do not want to "assign apps to a specific monitor". If I click on Microsoft Word on my 3rd monitor, that's where I want it to show up. Tomorrow, I may click on Microsoft Word on my 2nd monitor, and that's where I want it to show up for that...
  4. How to Make Apps always Open on the Same Monitor That I Clicked it From in a Multi-Monitor...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My app won’t open , how do I correct this ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My app won’t open , how do I correct this ?: I do not know why my app won’t open on my phone , does that mean I was hacked ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-wont-open-how-do-i-correct-this/f10a0510-e8c7-46d7-8d4a-45ec2da9b228
  6. My app won’t open , how do I correct this ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My app won’t open , how do I correct this ?: I do not know why my app won’t open on my phone , does that mean I was hacked ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-app-wont-open-how-do-i-correct-this/f10a0510-e8c7-46d7-8d4a-45ec2da9b228
  7. How can I make a program open on the monitor I open it from.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make a program open on the monitor I open it from.: For example both my monitors have the same taskbar. I want to open chrome on my first monitor then move my cursor to the second monitor and when I click chrome on the second monitor a new chrome instance of chrome opens on the second monitor rather than it opening on the...
  8. Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Program open on same monitor that I opened it on: Hi there! I am wanting to make it so that my computer will open the program on the same monitor that i launch it from. So if i open it from my left monitor it appears on my left monitor, and if i open it on my right monitor, it opens on my right monitor. Is that possible....
  9. Multi monitor How to make windows 10 open apps on the monitor corresponding to the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi monitor How to make windows 10 open apps on the monitor corresponding to the...: I just setup a second monitor. What I want to know is if there is any way to have Windows 10 open apps on the monitor corresponding to the taskbar/start menu I use to launch the app? So if I launch an app from the taskbar/start menu on monitor 1 it open said app on monitor...
  10. Multiple monitors. How do I make apps open on the screen launched from

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple monitors. How do I make apps open on the screen launched from: Basically, if I launch Firefox using the taskbar on monitor one I want it to open on monitor one, and if I launch it from monitor 2 I want it to open on monitor 2. I don't want it to just default to the previous configuration every time. is that possible? If it's of any help...