Windows 10: How do I make C: System & Active under Disk Management? (screenshot)

Discus and support How do I make C: System & Active under Disk Management? (screenshot) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to disconnect my D: from my computer but it's active & system. Whenever I disconnect it, Windows 10 won't boot. Here is a screenshot from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by helpme81, Jan 5, 2019.

1. helpme81 Win User

How do I make C: System & Active under Disk Management? (screenshot)

I need to disconnect my D: from my computer but it's active & system. Whenever I disconnect it, Windows 10 won't boot.

Here is a screenshot from Minitool Partition Wizard Free v10.3

How do I make C: System & Active under Disk Management? (screenshot) [​IMG]

How do I make C: Active & System in addition to boot, without losing any files on C:?

UPDATE ---

I solved the issue.

using minitool partition wizard free v10.3
    1. select the hard drive you want to remove then click set inactive on the left hand menu
    2. make the C:\ active by clicking set active on left hand menu
    3. select disk 1 and click rebuild mbr
    4. run cmd as admininstrator and run this command into the prompt: bcdboot C:\windows /s c:
    5. reboot computer, but make sure you have a usb bootable system repair as a backup just in case, but everything worked fine for me.

After doing these above steps my C: is now active, boot & system, as you can see in the following screenshot:

How do I make C: System & Active under Disk Management? (screenshot) [​IMG]

:)

helpme81, Jan 5, 2019

2. Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue How do I make C: System & Active under Disk Management? (screenshot) :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Jan 5, 2019
  4. How do I make C: System & Active under Disk Management? (screenshot)

Accessing Disk Management

Hi Hilary,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the Disk Management on your
    Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or some files are broken or missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Were there any changes that happened prior to the issue?
    • If there's an error message, can you provide us a screenshot?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Additionally, we suggest that you run the System File Checker (SFC) tool to scan and correct if there’s a possible integrity violation on the system. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link. Once you’re on the page, you
    may expand and proceed with the steps from the Windows 10, Windows 7, or Windows Vista option under the
    Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) section, and then complete the process. After completing the given steps, you may check if you’re able to access the
    Disk Management on your PC.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

How do I make C: System & Active under Disk Management? (screenshot)

1. How do I make C: System & Active under Disk Management? (screenshot) - Similar Threads - System Active under

2. how do I make C:/ admin again?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I make C:/ admin again?: I disabled my C:/ drive on my Laptop by removing the admin from it. Now I can't do too much! I can't seem to figure out how to reinstate C:/ back to admin status. I do not know a lot when it comes to working on files with Computers and/or Laptops....
  3. Disk Management Screenshot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Management Screenshot: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dark-Lark [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hkhx4h/disk_management_screenshot/
  4. How do I make a screenshot

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make a screenshot: I'm using Windows 10 Home pro, On a HP Compac Elite 8300 small form factor Desktop PC ... What is a easy to make a screenshot,,, can I do it without having to use the snipping tool... Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank You...
  5. I cant make a screenshot of task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    I cant make a screenshot of task manager: Hello to all! I am using WINDOWS 10 1809 PRO official X64 without any updates. I cant make a screenshot of taskmanager i tried ShareX , FastStone Image Capture and others, i can use these programs to make a screenshot of all desktop, but when i try make a region TaskManager...
  6. How do I make C: System & Active under Disk Management? (screenshot)

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make C: System & Active under Disk Management? (screenshot): I need to disconnect my D: from my computer but it's active & system. Whenever I disconnect it, Windows 10 won't boot. Here is a screenshot from Minitool Partition Wizard Free v10.3 [img] How do I make C: Active & System in addition to boot, without losing any files on...
  7. How do I make screenshots save as JPG by default?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make screenshots save as JPG by default?: The only reason I want to do this is that it is the only image format that can be tagged. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-screenshots-save-as-jpg-by-default/ec9cd0f7-aac5-4f41-ab9c-223af07e1df8"
  8. How to make a screenshot?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make a screenshot?: How to make a screenshot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-screenshot/0aea5e04-ab88-4638-a432-bb4da7c8dc45
  9. how to make a screenshot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to make a screenshot: how to make a screenshot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-a-screenshot/d5e05f9e-9806-4034-a8ac-5677af7c63ed
  10. Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of: How to: Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of How to Post a Screenshot of Disk Management at Ten Forums [img] Information A Disk Management screenshot can often tell us in a glance where problems lie. If you have any issues with or questions about...