Windows 10: How do I make Chrome my default browser?

Discus and support How do I make Chrome my default browser? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I stop MSN automatically loading up when I connect to the Internet, I have to keep closing it and opening chrome, also when start-up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaryStephenson3, Aug 18, 2019.

1. How do I make Chrome my default browser?

how do I stop MSN automatically loading up when I connect to the Internet, I have to keep closing it and opening chrome, also when start-up my computer doesn't automatically connect to the Internet, I have to keep man,ually connecting it though I've ticked the box automatic connection.

I want chrome to be my default homepage. I have uninstalled Microsoft Edge but it keeps coming back.

will deleting Windows 10 upgrade and going back to the previous one solve the problem.?

* Original title: MSN

* Moved from MSN

:)

GaryStephenson3, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Setting Chrome as my default browser - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

• Go to Start > Settings > System.
    • Choose Default apps, then scroll down to
      Web browser.
    • Tap or click the browser that’s currently listed as your default, then choose Chrome from the list of apps

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 18, 2019
  3. Issues with making chrome as default browser on Windows 10.

Hi Richard,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or default browser program is change correctly.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the default browser as Chrome browser and check if it helps.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on
    Set Default Programs

4. Click on chrome browser from the list.

5. Click on Set this program as default.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with making default browser as chrome, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 18, 2019
  4. How do I make Chrome my default browser?

After the recent Update, unable to set Google Chrome as default browser

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Press "Windows" button on your keyboard and type "Default Programs" in the search menu.
    • Select "Default Programs" from the suggestions.
    • Now select "Chrome" under "Web browser".

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

How do I make Chrome my default browser?

1. How do I make Chrome my default browser? - Similar Threads - Chrome default browser

2. Why can't I make chrome my default browser?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can't I make chrome my default browser?: When I go Setting > Default Apps > web browser then click on it only microsoft edge and opera pop up. Do I need to reinstall chrome? Am I being an idiot? please help. submitted by /u/puffydefish [link] [comments]...
  3. Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?

in Browsers and Email
    Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?: When I upgraded to 10Pro, from 10Home- Edge changed from Chrome Default to Edge Default? I Never use Edge, and prefer the Chrome Security features... Is there a reason to make Chrome Default (Sync is On)? If so- How do I do this, and Not get nagged by Edge? 173980
  4. Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Should I make Google Chrome the Default browser/how?: When I upgraded to 10Pro, from 10Home- Edge changed from Chrome Default to Edge Default? I Never use Edge, and prefer the Chrome Security features... Is there a reason to make Chrome Default (Sync is On)? If so- How do I do this, and Not get nagged by Edge? 173980
  5. I can't make google chrome my default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't make google chrome my default browser: [ATTACH] So I set google chrome to be my default browser but whenever I click the "windows" button and search for something, it goes directly to microsoft edge. I am not sure how to fix that....
  6. How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make Chrome default browser in Windows 10: I am not getting the way to set Chrome as default browser permanently. Just give the steps to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-chrome-default-browser-in-windows-10/90038208-eac7-4935-92a3-9bb0e17f6cc8
  7. How do I make Firefox my default browser

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make Firefox my default browser: [img] I've been using Firefox for several years now and have all my folders set up so I have easy access to desired websites. Yesterday I was doing something (not sure what) and when I opened my browser it opened as Bing. I went to Start...Three lines at the...
  8. how does one make Chrome the default browser

in Browsers and Email
    how does one make Chrome the default browser: I have set Chrome to default browser and all seems to be well apart from one or even to burps. In certain emails, I click on an attachment and it will still open up Microsoft Edge. The question for today is ... how does one stop an attachment file stubbornly opening up Edge...
  9. Make Chrome the default browser in start-search

in Browsers and Email
    Make Chrome the default browser in start-search: How do I make Google Chrome (rather the Edge) as the default search engine when do a Start - search request? 94202
  10. Cannot make Chrome as default browser

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot make Chrome as default browser: I have tried all the suggested methods of setting Chrome as a default browser. When open Chrome, I go through of downloading Chrome and agreeing to terms etc etc and it does not work. The next time I log in with Chrome it asks me to make it a default again. When I go through...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to make chrome default browser