Windows 10: How do I make Chrome stop running in the background? I already disabled it in Chrome...

Discus and support How do I make Chrome stop running in the background? I already disabled it in Chrome... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Timbuktu007 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g682vk/how_do_i_make_chrome_stop_running_in_the/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Timbuktu007, Apr 22, 2020.

1. How do I make Chrome stop running in the background? I already disabled it in Chrome...

/u/Timbuktu007, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Chrome glitch

Hello Ralph,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description on one of the three users Chrome is not working.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• The account on which you are facing issue with Chrome, does it have the administrator permission?
    • Have you check with other browser? Was the result same?
    • Is the issue specific to only one application or facing issue with other application too?

First, I would suggest you to use Internet Explorer and see if it brings any difference.
    Here are the steps through which you can use Internet Explorer.

• Press the Windows key.

• Type Internet Explorer in the search box.

• Right click on Internet Explorer
      (Desktop app).

• Select Pint to task bar.

• Try to use Internet Explorer from there and see if it brings any difference.

If you still want to use Chrome then I would suggest you to open the application Chrome in administrator mode and see if it brings any difference. Here are the steps through which you can open Chrome in Administrator mode.

• Press the Windows key or click on Start icon.
    • Type Google Chrome.
    • Right click on Google Chrome and select the option to Run As Administrator.
    • If everything works fine by running chrome in administrator mode then you may pin it to the task bar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

How do I make Chrome stop running in the background? I already disabled it in Chrome...

Hotkeys not working properly while chrome is running.

Hi
    RishabhPatel9

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Are you using a USB keyboard or Wireless keyboard?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Install Package and Driver.

I would suggest you to go through the article from the manufacturer which talks about
    The hot keys on Notebook are not functioning properly’.Follow
    the step mentioned for Mute/adjust volume.

Method 2: Disable the extensions.

1. Launch Google Chrome and go to settings.
    2. Select Tools> go to Extensions.
    3. Click the ‘Keyboard Shortcuts’ link at the bottom of the page.
    4. Search for Google Play Music section.
    5. Change the option from ‘In chrome’ to ‘Global’ and vice versa.

Method 3: Enable Google Chrome.

1. Press ‘Shift+Ctrl+Esc” at the same time on your keyboard, this will open the task manager.
    2. Go to startup Tab, check for Google chrome.
    3. If it is disabled, select the google chrome option and click on
      Enable.

If none of the methods worked, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Google chrome, or Try connecting a different keyboard and check if it works.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

How do I make Chrome stop running in the background? I already disabled it in Chrome...

1. How do I make Chrome stop running in the background? I already disabled it in Chrome... - Similar Threads - Chrome stop running

2. How can i make the writing in a chrome search black, my background of chrome after a search...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i make the writing in a chrome search black, my background of chrome after a search...: i accidently hit alt prtsc or something then my computer went weird in a lot of different ways including chrome. All my backgrounds for everything went away and now its doing this weird thing with searching stuff up on google. The writing is white and the background for the...
  3. How can i make the writing in a chrome search black, my background of chrome after a search...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i make the writing in a chrome search black, my background of chrome after a search...: i accidently hit alt prtsc or something then my computer went weird in a lot of different ways including chrome. All my backgrounds for everything went away and now its doing this weird thing with searching stuff up on google. The writing is white and the background for the...
  4. How do I stop POPUPS in Chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop POPUPS in Chrome?: I switched over to Chrome awhile back because of problems with Firefox and now I’m constantly getting Popups especially when I view the news. Every time I close Chrome there is another window behind it and sometimes it is playing an advertisement video with sound that drowns...
  5. Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it...: Google Chrome ask for Windows log-on password to view Chrome passwords. How do I stop it from asking for my Windows password to view them without interfering with or removing the password at startup? TIA...
  6. Disabled Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabled Chrome: It says it's used Device Guard to block chrome and other apps. I'm not sure how to unblock them. It just pops up with: 'Contact your support person for more info.' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabled-chrome/7ba8511e-3968-48f5-88d1-325d9bc38638
  7. How do I disable chrome notifications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable chrome notifications?: My school laptop prevents me from entering chrome settings and I can use Windows settings, but searching for different settings doesn’t work. How can I stop chrome from sending notifications in the bottom right? submitted by /u/_chairsama [link] [comments]...
  8. How do I make Chrome my default browser?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make Chrome my default browser?: how do I stop MSN automatically loading up when I connect to the Internet, I have to keep closing it and opening chrome, also when start-up my computer doesn't automatically connect to the Internet, I have to keep man,ually connecting it though I've ticked the box...
  9. How do I make the text bigger in Chrome and other browsers

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make the text bigger in Chrome and other browsers: "Have you tried to read a web page and you had to squint your eyes because the font size was too small? The combination of resolutions and screen sizes can result in wild pairings that make the text on the web pages hard to read. The question is: How do I permanently enlarge...
  10. How to make Google Chrome automatically run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Google Chrome automatically run: I set that Google Chrome starts running at the particular time while my computer is in the sleep mode. It works fine but my display doesn’t turn on when Chrome starts running. So I need to touch the Touchpad. Can I adjust settings or something else so that Google Chrome...