Windows 10: How do I make Clean Disk function work to remove Windows update files?

Discus and support How do I make Clean Disk function work to remove Windows update files? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to free up space on the laptop harddrive. The system indicates there are 5.8 gb that could be deleted. However the system doesn't delete them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CharlesCarney1, Jan 12, 2022.

1. How do I make Clean Disk function work to remove Windows update files?

I want to free up space on the laptop harddrive. The system indicates there are 5.8 gb that could be deleted. However the system doesn't delete them. What am I doing incorrectly?

:)

CharlesCarney1, Jan 12, 2022

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Jan 12, 2022
  3. geotso Win User
    Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, Jan 12, 2022
  4. 95Viper Win User

How do I make Clean Disk function work to remove Windows update files?

95Viper, Jan 12, 2022
Thema:

How do I make Clean Disk function work to remove Windows update files?

1. How do I make Clean Disk function work to remove Windows update files? - Similar Threads - Clean Disk function

2. How do I remove move windows 11 update files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove move windows 11 update files: I updated to Windows 11 but didn't like it so I reverted to Windows 10. Settings->Udate&Security->Recovery ->Go Back to Windows 10. I selected reasons for the install and No Thanks to updates. However the Windows 11 update is still on my computer and when I restart my...
  3. How do I remove move windows 11 update files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove move windows 11 update files: I updated to Windows 11 but didn't like it so I reverted to Windows 10. Settings->Udate&Security->Recovery ->Go Back to Windows 10. I selected reasons for the install and No Thanks to updates. However the Windows 11 update is still on my computer and when I restart my...
  4. How do I make Clean Disk function work to remove Windows update files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I make Clean Disk function work to remove Windows update files?: I want to free up space on the laptop harddrive. The system indicates there are 5.8 gb that could be deleted. However the system doesn't delete them. What am I doing incorrectly?...
  5. How do I make Clean Disk function work to remove Windows update files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make Clean Disk function work to remove Windows update files?: I want to free up space on the laptop harddrive. The system indicates there are 5.8 gb that could be deleted. However the system doesn't delete them. What am I doing incorrectly?...
  6. How do I remove the need for a reset disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove the need for a reset disk: Hi,The Microsoft support says that to remove the need to create a reset disk I should go into sign-in options and click "Update security questions" and that will remove the need for a reset disk. The update security questions is not there.Anyone know how else I can get rid of...
  7. How do I make a monitor function as if it were two?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make a monitor function as if it were two?: I don't like WinKey+arrows, I mean like making the computer think the monitor is two monitors? Is there a way to do it without excess software? if not, what is there for it that's free? submitted by /u/CarterNotSteve [link] [comments]...
  8. Restore function of File History. How do I do this.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore function of File History. How do I do this.: I am trying to restore files that have been removed from my computer. It is giving me problems because the location doesn't exist any more. What do I need to do?...
  9. how do i make a password recovery disk?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i make a password recovery disk?: as stated above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-a-password-recovery-disk/05e0db69-38bf-463a-8488-c5bee38cdcde"
  10. How to make a disk drive "removable"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to make a disk drive "removable": I have several devices - some USB flash memory, some USB external drives - that have the Removable Media bit set to non-removable. (And no, I don't know if it's actually just one bit but it seems to be documented as "RMB".) I am working with a program that is sensitive to...