Windows 10: How do I make complete drives accessible in another computer on the network.

Discus and support How do I make complete drives accessible in another computer on the network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Simple question. How do I make complete drives not individual files or folders accessible in another computer on the network. Worked on Windows 7.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimPaterson3, Dec 10, 2020.

1. How do I make complete drives accessible in another computer on the network.

Simple question. How do I make complete drives not individual files or folders accessible in another computer on the network. Worked on Windows 7. Cannot share files at all on Win10

:)

JimPaterson3, Dec 10, 2020
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Unable to access Network drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • What is the version of Windows 10 installed on the computer?
    • What is the exact error message you’re getting while trying to access the network drive?
    • Are you able to access the drive using its IP address?
    I suggest to follow the steps posted by Pauli O and see if it works.

How to get network sharing work with Windows 10

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

If the issue persists, it would be more helpful for us to identify the root cause of the issue, if you can post the screenshot of the error message/code you are getting.

How to include a screenshot in your post

We look forward for your reply.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 10, 2020
  4. How do I make complete drives accessible in another computer on the network.

Can't access drives on computers on network

I am on a new HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10. I also have the following on my network, sharing the same domain.

• Laptop running Windows 7
    • Laptop running Windows 10
    • Desktop running Windows XP
    • HP Deskjet printer

I can see the laptops and the printer on the network, and I can access and use the printer. But I cannot access the laptop drives. I am asked for the name and password for each device, but when entered, they are not accepted

What suggestions can you offer?

SonoRimaggio, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

How do I make complete drives accessible in another computer on the network.

1. How do I make complete drives accessible in another computer on the network. - Similar Threads - complete drives accessible

2. Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network: I'm trying to share a Drive on my laptop Win11 Home through my Network so my desktop Win 11 Pro can rename files and do some file management on it. Both are on the same network and what I've done so far is mess around with settings to the point where I can see the other...
  3. Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Access Shared Drive On Another Computer on Same Network: I'm trying to share a Drive on my laptop Win11 Home through my Network so my desktop Win 11 Pro can rename files and do some file management on it. Both are on the same network and what I've done so far is mess around with settings to the point where I can see the other...
  4. network access to another computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    network access to another computer: Trying to access drives on an old computer through my network, I'm told that I don't have permission to access the specific folder on the remote device. It says to contact my network administrator to request access. Since I am the network administrator, how do I give access...
  5. How do I know the network credentials when accessing another network drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I know the network credentials when accessing another network drive?: [ATTACH] I tried going to Credential manager and there are a lot of things written under Generic Credentials. I don't know which credentials should I use. I want to know the username and password.I know I can just turn of password protection but I still want to know how to...
  6. how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?

how clear/reset network credentials on a network computer for another network drive computer?: I am using WIN10. network hard computer NHD1 sees in the networks network hard computer NHD2 but upon the initial network computer credential log in I typed the wrong password and had checked to auto log. So I get the error can't access NHD 2. I know the NHD 2 is properly...
  7. How do I set security to access a mapped drive on another network computer

How do I set security to access a mapped drive on another network computer: I have set up a private network and a mapped drive on another network computer. I can see the mapped drive from the my PC in my network locations. When I try to open the mapped drive from my PC, I get a "Windows cannot access this device" since I do not have permission error....
  8. how to access a file on another computer on my network

how to access a file on another computer on my network: how to access a file on another computer on my network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-a-file-on-another-computer-on-my/e78a8b3e-f5d5-478a-a12f-1fe718d68b4a
  9. how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network

how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network: I can connect one computer (A) to another computer (B), but cannot connect B to A. Both are using Windows 10, but B is home version while A is pro version....
  10. Getting Access to another network drive

Getting Access to another network drive: I have four computers on my network. I store all my files on one of the computers and the other three were able to access that computer whenever they needed to. I just replaced Verizon with Comcast but after they left I realized that I could no longer access the computer...