Windows 10: How do I make Cortana greet me each time i access her?

Discus and support How do I make Cortana greet me each time i access her? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Basically the title of this thread- how do I have Cortana respond back as say 'Yes <myname>' every time I say 'Hey Cortana'? After that I shoot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by onlytanmoy, Jan 12, 2019.

1. How do I make Cortana greet me each time i access her?

Hello,
    Basically the title of this thread- how do I have Cortana respond back as say 'Yes <myname>' every time I say 'Hey Cortana'? After that I shoot my query.
    Thanks.

:)

onlytanmoy, Jan 12, 2019

2. Cortana no longer pops up with greetings or info on taskbar!

Hi,

Logout and login into Cortana by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: To logout of Cortana, follow the steps below:

• Click on Cortana icon located next to Start button on the Task bar.
    • Click on Notebook located at the left panel of the Cortana Window.
    • Click on About me and select the Microsoft account you are currently logged in into.
    • Click on the user account displayed in the window and select Sign out.

Step 2: To sign in into Cortana, follow the steps below:

• Click on Cortana icon located next to Start button on the Task bar.
    • Click on Notebook located at the left panel of the Cortana Window.
    • Click on About me and login using the Microsoft account credentials.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of Cortana not working on the computer for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Dewdrop_ Win User
    Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jan 12, 2019
  4. How do I make Cortana greet me each time i access her?

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

How do I make Cortana greet me each time i access her?

1. How do I make Cortana greet me each time i access her? - Similar Threads - Cortana greet each

2. how do i access the keypad after making a call?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i access the keypad after making a call?: After making a call to a company, they want me to input the extension of the person I am calling. Where is the keypad? Control K does not work....
  3. How do I make Cortana play my music spotify

in Cortana
    How do I make Cortana play my music spotify: I recently bought a lenovo s340-14api and started using Cortana and I just want her to play my music or turn the volume up or anything else. The problem is I dont have her notebook, I checked the settings and I dont have any setting that looks like this: Cortana can give you...
  4. How do I make Cortana play my music spotidy

in Cortana
    How do I make Cortana play my music spotidy: I recently bought a lenovo s340-14api and started using Cortana and I just want her to play my music or turn the volume up or anything else. The problem is I dont have her notebook, I checked the settings and I dont have any setting that looks like this: Cortana can give you...
  5. how do I record a greeting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I record a greeting?: How do I record a greeting to add to my emails? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-record-a-greeting/47c9e63b-5616-487b-a58a-b6b80423c087
  6. How do I change what Cortana calls me?

in Cortana
    How do I change what Cortana calls me?: I'd like to change what Cortana calls me on start up. Right now, she addresses me by my full name, which feels a little awkward, so I'd like to change it to a nickname. And I'd like to do so without changing my actual Microsoft account name. I'm on the most recent Windows 10...
  7. Cortana closes after I pose a question to her

in Cortana
    Cortana closes after I pose a question to her: Hello I have a Lenovo Yoga 510 running Windows 10 Home (version 1803). Recently, after posing a question to Cortana, she will suddenly just close. This feature was working fine before the latest automatic update, and I have tried numerous 'fixes' such as ending the task in...
  8. How do I make Cortana greet me each time i access her?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make Cortana greet me each time i access her?: Hello, Basically the title of this thread- how do I have Cortana respond back as say 'Yes <myname>' every time I say 'Hey Cortana'? After that I shoot my query. Thanks. 125161
  9. Cortana freezes a few seconds after i command her to do anything

in Cortana
    Cortana freezes a few seconds after i command her to do anything: Cortana freezes a few seconds after i command her to do anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-freezes-a-few-seconds-after-i-command-her/d7f5927f-8946-4eed-b0f3-111187739474"
  10. Do I make an ISO for each computer???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I make an ISO for each computer???: I have desktop and laptop. I want to make the ISO file(s) for each of them. Does that require me to make (2) disks or is it a universal disk to use on either computer once created? I'm thinking the activation code might be recorded for each separate machine. I haven't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make cortana greet me

2. how to make cortana to greet me

3. i need cortana to greet me everytime i log in