Windows 10: How do I make Dolby Atmos the default spatial sound option?

Discus and support How do I make Dolby Atmos the default spatial sound option? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I restart or boot up, I have to manually change the spatial sound to Dolby Atmos as it defaults to Windows Sonic. How can I stop this from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LeimBR, Aug 12, 2020.

1. /u/LeimBR Win User

How do I make Dolby Atmos the default spatial sound option?

Every time I restart or boot up, I have to manually change the spatial sound to Dolby Atmos as it defaults to Windows Sonic.

How can I stop this from happening? It's really annoying.

submitted by /u/LeimBR
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LeimBR, Aug 12, 2020

2. Dolby Atmos

I checked this line:

5. Look for Dolby Atmos to make sure that it is properly installed.

and i have list with my two audio cards :

1. onboard - Realtek High Definition audio

and

2. dedicated Asus xonar DG audio device.

When selecting option 1. i have spatial sound dolby atmos option, but when selecting option 2, i have listed only "none" under spatial sound.

I can confirm that i had spatial sound on previous win10 build

For this part:

• From the Start menu, type in Device Manager, then Enter.
    • Then click the Sound, video and game controllers driver.
    • Look for Dolby Atmos, then right click on it, then click Unintall.
    • Once done, remove your Dolby Atmos device and restart you computer.
    i dont have dolby atmos under sound, video and game controllers

HrvojeReich, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Dolby Atmos for headphones not selectable in spatial sound

I just using standard pair of 3.5mm headphones connected to the computer. Dolby Atmos for headphones is advertised to work with any headphone. This has worked previously for me. I just no longer have the option to select Dolby Atmos for headphones under
    spatial sound.

JimboJones122, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Old_Mate Win User

Dolby Atmos for headphones not selectable in spatial sound

I have the same issue with the Dolby Atmos Spatial Sound option removed all of a sudden. I have used it for months and not long after upgrading to 1903 the option has disappeared. Every other sound enhancer available works for me, just not Atmos...

Old_Mate, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I make Dolby Atmos the default spatial sound option? - Similar Threads - Dolby Atmos default

2. Dolby Atmos or DTS:X is working in movies, but not when using the spatial sound option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Atmos or DTS:X is working in movies, but not when using the spatial sound option: Hi,I recently bought a receiver which has hdmi, and supports every digital format from DTS and Dolby, I recently tried to enable dts:X for home cinema from the dts sound unbound app, I also tried Dolby Atmos for home cinema from the Dolby access app. I figured it would work,...
  3. Dolby Atmos or DTS:X is working in movies, but not when using the spatial sound option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dolby Atmos or DTS:X is working in movies, but not when using the spatial sound option: Hi,I recently bought a receiver which has hdmi, and supports every digital format from DTS and Dolby, I recently tried to enable dts:X for home cinema from the dts sound unbound app, I also tried Dolby Atmos for home cinema from the Dolby access app. I figured it would work,...
  4. Dolby Atmos option not appearing in spatial sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dolby Atmos option not appearing in spatial sound: Hi guys, I have a new soundbar with Dolby Atmos and connected it to my TV and PC. I can open it in the Access App and also test the audio but when it tells me to change spatial sound, i cannot select Dolby Atmos.I know that there are a lot of topics here but I already tried...
  5. Dolby Atmos option not appearing in spatial sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dolby Atmos option not appearing in spatial sound: Hi guys, I have a new soundbar with Dolby Atmos and connected it to my TV and PC. I can open it in the Access App and also test the audio but when it tells me to change spatial sound, i cannot select Dolby Atmos.I know that there are a lot of topics here but I already tried...
  6. The Dolby Atmos for Headphones (Spatial Sound) for Windows 10 problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Dolby Atmos for Headphones (Spatial Sound) for Windows 10 problem: [ATTACH] The Dolby Atmos for Headphones (Spatial Sound) for Windows 10 always gets back to turned off every long time of shut down. Does it really not save the setting for spatial sound? There are times that the setting doesn't save, there are times there is. PS. I bought...
  7. Dolby atmos not showing in Spatial sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dolby atmos not showing in Spatial sound: Couldn't update Dolby access so I uninstalled everything and tried to reinstall it. Now there is no Dolby Atmos options and only windows sonic Help :((( submitted by /u/AggerDagger [link] [comments]...
  8. Dolby Atmos Spatial Sound not enabling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos Spatial Sound not enabling: So, I did figure this out. I found another thread only 1!!! and ive been all over the internet trying to figure it out but i already kind of had an idea of what may of caused the issue. My Dolby Atmos Sound wouldnt enable. I could do windows sonic but when id click atmos...
  9. Dolby Atmos for headphones not selectable in spatial sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dolby Atmos for headphones not selectable in spatial sound: I recently installed Dolby Access from the Microsoft store to trial Dolby Atmos for headphones. During the trial I was able select Dolby Atmos for headphones in spacial sound settings but after purchasing the license the option is now gone, I am only able to select Off and...
  10. Dolby Atmos Headphones Spatial viritual surround sound 7.1 on or off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dolby Atmos Headphones Spatial viritual surround sound 7.1 on or off?: The option "turn on 7.1 virtual surround sound" Do you need to turn this on or off in use with Dolby Atmos for headphones? I read you need to disable "enhancements" when using Dolby Atmos However since the 7.1 virtual sound option is in the tab of spatial audio, where...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Change Default Spatial Sound

2. how to make dolby atmos default

3. Dolby sound is on by default