Windows 10: How do I make File Explorer remember my networks?

Discus and support How do I make File Explorer remember my networks? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On my primary Windows 10 Pro PC named ANALOG-KID File Explorer always remembers the names of my network devices like my other Windows 10 Pro PC and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CatFlier, Aug 26, 2020.

1. How do I make File Explorer remember my networks?

On my primary Windows 10 Pro PC named ANALOG-KID File Explorer always remembers the names of my network devices like my other Windows 10 Pro PC and my Synology NAS.

On that other PC called DIGITAL-MAN though I always have to manually add them, but when I close File Explorer it forgets about them.

How can I force it to remember them?

submitted by /u/CatFlier
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CatFlier, Aug 26, 2020

2. Transferring files on network

Hi Bryan,

This could have happened due to advanced sharing settings. To resolve your issue, we suggest that follow the steps on this link:

Share files in File Explorer.

We suggest to follow the steps on this link to set up permission to share the file on a network or sharing files to another computer.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Anthony Gal, Aug 26, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows 7 File Sharing between computers, PROBLEMS!!

Just do a file transfer in explorer from one computer to the other and see what speed you get. I would suggest avoiding homegroup and using a proper network setup instead.

newtekie1, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

How do I make File Explorer remember my networks?

File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

How do I make File Explorer remember my networks?

1. How do I make File Explorer remember my networks? - Similar Threads - File Explorer remember

2. How do I make the files on my file explorer load?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make the files on my file explorer load?: The files on my computer wont load or if they do they mostly stay as white little paper icons.i saw this happen on a different question but the ways didn't work, so i assumed because we are on different versions.other question:...
  3. How do I make the files on my file explorer load?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make the files on my file explorer load?: The files on my computer wont load or if they do they mostly stay as white little paper icons.i saw this happen on a different question but the ways didn't work, so i assumed because we are on different versions.other question:...
  4. How do I make my backspace key delete folders in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make my backspace key delete folders in file explorer?: My entire life, I have used backspace to delete pictures, folders, and other files from my desktop and while in file explorer. Suddenly, backspace now functions as a navigation arrow, and instead of deleting, I am going into the containing folder for the files I am attempting...
  5. How do I make my backspace key delete folders in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my backspace key delete folders in file explorer?: My entire life, I have used backspace to delete pictures, folders, and other files from my desktop and while in file explorer. Suddenly, backspace now functions as a navigation arrow, and instead of deleting, I am going into the containing folder for the files I am attempting...
  6. How do I make my backspace key delete folders in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How do I make File Explorer produce a list of files

How do I make File Explorer produce a list of files: I bought a new computer with Windows 10 pre-installed but it does not produce the same file structure is in my old copy of Windows 10 in the other computer. The old version produces a list of files underneath each file as I click on it. That is, when I click on a file it...
  8. How to have File Explorer remember position on-screen

How to have File Explorer remember position on-screen: I really would like file explorer to stay in the middle of the screen. Constantly having to move it from the upper left corner of the screen is time consuming! Thank you...
  9. How do I make my home network my home network?

How do I make my home network my home network?: I am new to Windows 10 and can't get it to let me designate home and work networks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-home-network-my-home-network/88bb12d6-3435-4227-9ddb-0fac68031787
  10. How do I make Explorer remember last location, like Mac Finder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I make Explorer remember last location, like Mac Finder?: On Macs, once you open or save a file in a location, no matter which app you switch over to, when you go to open or save in THAt one, it'll point you back to your last used folder. This saves me a LOT of time, especially when it's a deep sub-folder on a network share. How...