Windows 10: How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an...

Discus and support How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an empty external hard drive? Should I just make folders? and what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NotRudolf, Oct 16, 2021.

1. NotRudolf Win User

How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an...

How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an empty external hard drive? Should I just make folders? and what are all the folders? I recently formatted my external hard drive and what do I do to put the folders again?

:)

NotRudolf, Oct 16, 2021
  2. Tommygunn Win User

Partitioning Program Files/Program Files(x86) from Windows 10 install?

In the coming week I will be installing Windows 10 Home on my new computer. I will be using an SSD and an HDD, the SSD for the OS, programs and games and the HDD for photos, music and all the other slow stuff.
    So, my question. In case the OS were to ever get corrupted, or I had to reinstall the OS for any other reason, is it possible to have the SSD set up as follows; Partition 1 - OS, Partition 2 - Program Files/Program Files((x86) plus other associated folders/files) and Partition 3 for my games, so that any re-install does not wipe out my already installed programs?

I had no problem doing this in with my XP desktop(OS in C and Progs in D, although not perfect, but was never able to do it with Windows 7.

Can it be done?

Tom.

Tommygunn, Oct 16, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    program files and program files x86

Hi louandtootsosmundson

The Program Files folder and the Program Files (x86) folders must be kept separate to avoid conflicts

Window will automatically handle those folders, placing 64bit applications in the Program Files Folder and 32bit applications in the Program Files (x86) folder

DaveM121, Oct 16, 2021
  4. KentEnnis Win User

How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an...

Program Files (x86) (x86)

I have folders for program files, program files (x86) and program files (x86) (x86). Believe the program files (x86) (x86) is based on loading an incompatible Lexmark printer software as the only folder within is Lexmark 3500-4500 series. Tried to delete
    folder but states "action can't be completed because the folder or a file in it is open in another program. I have uninstalled all associated printer/software from system but can't seem to delete this folder. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thx

KentEnnis, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

1. How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an... - Similar Threads - files folders such

2. Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files not seen in Program Files x86 folder: I have installed an application in Windows 10, used for translations. I am able to create txt files in that and those get saved in Program Files x86 folder of that application. But when I go to that folder in Windows Explorer, I am not seeing anything there and hence I am not...
  3. How to remove "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" folder?: Hi everyone,I wanted to free up some space in my SSD and move the files to my d drive. I moved the "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" to my d drive by dragging them, Now I found out that they are important to run windows and can make my computer a brick if I mess up. So...
  4. How to remove "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" folder?: Hi everyone,I wanted to free up some space in my SSD and move the files to my d drive. I moved the "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" to my d drive by dragging them, Now I found out that they are important to run windows and can make my computer a brick if I mess up. So...
  5. How to remove "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an...: How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an empty external hard drive? Should I just make folders? and what are all the folders? I recently formatted my external hard drive and what do I do to put the folders again?...
  7. How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an...: How do I make files folders such as Program Files, Program Files x86, Users, etc. on an empty external hard drive? Should I just make folders? and what are all the folders? I recently formatted my external hard drive and what do I do to put the folders again?...
  8. “ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86

“ENE” File folder in Program Files and Programs Files x86: This is this weird file which i dont know what it does. For Program Files x86, there is this application that doesnt even do. What does this file do?...
  9. program files and program files x86

program files and program files x86: what If I mixed program files and program files x86 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-files-and-program-files-x86/0e6ed22e-7f14-4bea-ba3c-65079ee7a563"
  10. Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are the Program Files and Program Files (x86) folders important?: Hi, I was wondering how important the two mentioned folders are when installing a software. I know most programs suggest being installed to one of them, but it is really necessary? What happens if I choose another folder? I use the game client Steam for example. It...