Windows 10: How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer

Discus and support How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by DougB99, Feb 9, 2020.

1. DougB99 Win User

How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer

How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer

:)

DougB99, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Second user account access to files (documents, pictures) as on primary user account with WIndows 10

Hi,

Groups or users that are granted Full Control permission for a folder can delete files and subfolders within that folder, regardless of the permissions that protect the files and subfolders. If the check boxes under Permissions for <User or Group> are shaded
    or if the Remove button is unavailable, the file or folder has inherited permissions from the parent folder. When adding a new user or group, by default, this user or group will have Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, and Read permissions.

Setting File and Folder Permissions

To set permissions for files and folders, follow these steps:

• In Windows Explorer, right-click the file or folder you want to work with.

• From the pop-up menu, select Properties, and then in the Properties dialog box click the Security tab, shown in Figure 13-12.

• Users or groups that already have access to the file or folder are listed in the Name list box. You can change permissions for these users and groups by doing the following:

• Select the user or group you want to change.

• Use the Permissions list box to grant or deny access permissions.
      Tip Inherited permissions are shaded. If you want to override an inherited permission, select the opposite permission.

• To set access permissions for additional users, contacts, computers, or groups, click Add. This displays the Select Users, Computers, Or Groups dialog box shown in Figure 13-13.

How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer IC45683.gif

Figure 13-12: Use the Security tab to configure basic permissions for the file or folder.

• Use the Select Users, Computers, Or Groups dialog box to select the users, computers, or groups for which you want to set access permissions. You can use the fields of this dialog box as follows:

• Look In This drop-down list box allows you to access account names from other domains. Click Look In to see a list of the current domain, trusted domains, and other resources that you can access. Select
        Entire Directory to view all the account names in the folder.

• Name This column shows the available accounts of the currently selected domain or resource.

• Add This button adds selected names to the selection list.

• Check Names This button validates the user, contact, and group names entered into the selection list. This is useful if you type names in manually and want to make sure they're available.

• In the Name list box, select the user, computer, or group you want to configure, and then use the fields in the Permissions area to allow or deny permissions. Repeat for other users, computers, or groups.

• Click OK when you're finished.

For any other concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer - Similar Threads - files user area

2. How do I make a new user on a computer that I do not have any access to my ONLY user...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make a new user on a computer that I do not have any access to my ONLY user...: I had to reset my PC and I don't have access to my only profile/user on my PC. It doesn't let me sign in saying there is a failure with my user profile service and is not on my devices for my Microsoft account either anymore. I don't know how to make a user to use from a log...
  3. How do I make a new user on a computer that I do not have any access to my ONLY user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make a new user on a computer that I do not have any access to my ONLY user...: I had to reset my PC and I don't have access to my only profile/user on my PC. It doesn't let me sign in saying there is a failure with my user profile service and is not on my devices for my Microsoft account either anymore. I don't know how to make a user to use from a log...
  4. How do I make my files invisible to another users?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make my files invisible to another users?: On other users, when they type something in the windows search bar, files on my main user pop up (and they are able to use them and everything). I wish to disable that option. How do I do that? Thanks you for your help submitted by /u/Voliath [link] [comments]...
  5. How to make files and applications available to all users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to make files and applications available to all users: I just transferred all my applications and files to a new laptop running Win 10 Home. I created two user accounts Administrator and Standard User. When I log in as the Admin I can access all my applications and files. When I login as a Standard User I can only see some of my...
  6. How do I move all my data from my current user to a new user on the same computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I move all my data from my current user to a new user on the same computer?: Essentially I want to have the same effect as just changing the name of the user would do, except without changing the user's name. Thanks for any help you can provide! submitted by /u/DeathScrub [link] [comments]...
  7. make files available to all users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    make files available to all users: I am administrator. I created new standard user account for myself. How do I make files, pictures, documents in my administrator account accessible to my new user account?...
  8. How do I grant access to programmes to other users on the same machine?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I grant access to programmes to other users on the same machine?: How do I grant access to programmes to other users on the same machine? I can see that there is a painful workaround for apps from the store but this is for a programme bought elsewhere.... Any help gratefully received - I do not want to have to allocate my son...
  9. transfer software from admin user to other user on same computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    transfer software from admin user to other user on same computer: I'm not a computer expert so please be nice... i downloaded the CEWE Photoworld application (type .exe) on a user but it only appeared on the admin user. I've tried transferring to my user where i want it by moving the software onto a memory stick but it said the 'code...
  10. Access User Files on Other Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access User Files on Other Computer: Hello all, I just upgraded my PC case and after putting everything together, I booted the PC. Instead of booting into Windows 10, I received the 0xc000000e error saying the winload.exe was missing or corrupt. Using start up repair and resetting the PC all failed. I'm going...