Windows 10: How do I make hibernation lock my PC without sleep also doing so?

Discus and support How do I make hibernation lock my PC without sleep also doing so? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The setting in accounts>sign in options>Require sign-in toggles locking for both sleep and hibernation. Is there a way to make it require sign-in after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Lojcs, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Lojcs Win User

How do I make hibernation lock my PC without sleep also doing so?

The setting in accounts>sign in options>Require sign-in toggles locking for both sleep and hibernation. Is there a way to make it require sign-in after hibernation but not after sleep?

:)

Lojcs, Jul 31, 2021
  2. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jul 31, 2021
  3. Hibernation and Sleep not working on my WIndows 10 PC after latest update

Hello,

There are many possible reasons for this hibernation and sleep not working issue. The most common causes are
    corrupted Power settings or outdated display drivers. In order for us to efficiently assist you with your concern regarding the issue of waking up from sleep/hibernation, we just have a few questions for you:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Did you get any error messages upon waking up your computer from hibernation/sleep?
    • Have you also tried performing the power troubleshooter?
    If you still haven't, we suggest trying the steps below:

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.

Delete the current power plan and create it again.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jul 31, 2021
  4. PJS
    pjs Win User

PC hibernates / goes into sleep mode upon logout / screen lock

I am using my work computer. It's a laptop with a power connection (not running on battery.) The laptop is hocked up to two monitors (a total of three monitors, counting the laptop's own screen - I usually keep my laptop closed, however.)
    Since I am at work I always lock the screen when I leave my computer. (I use the windows+L shortcut to lock the screen.) This all works fine.

However, after about a minute the computer goes into sleep mode / hibernation. At least I think it does, because the two monitors goes black - and it takes a few seconds to "wake up the system" (the monitors doesn't come back to life immediately when I press a key on the keyboard / move the mouse, as they would if a screen saver was active.)
    This is very annoying if I step away from my computer for only a short while (like going to the bathroom.)

Here's what I want:
    With power (not running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 15 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

Without power (running on battery):
    When I lock the screen, I want the screen to stay on for 1 minute, then go to screen saver for 5 minutes, then go to hibernation/sleep mode.

My best bet is that this is some sort of power saving scheme thingie, but I can't seem to figure out how to configure it to do what I want. Can someone please help me with a step-by-step guide to configure my system the way I want? Thank you.

Thema:

1. How do I make hibernation lock my PC without sleep also doing so? - Similar Threads - hibernation lock without

2. How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid: When I close it currently this keeps my device unlocked but it sleeps it. This makes it run out on screen time, and is just not secure. I am running windows 11...
  3. How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my laptop lock and sleep when I close the lid: When I close it currently this keeps my device unlocked but it sleeps it. This makes it run out on screen time, and is just not secure. I am running windows 11...
  4. How can I make Windows 11 automatically lock my PC without having it go to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make Windows 11 automatically lock my PC without having it go to sleep?: I am trying to look for a way to have my laptop automatically lock after a certain period of time without having it go to sleep. I searched the settings for such a feature and could not find one. So, is there a way to have my laptop automatically lock after a certain time...
  5. How can I make Windows 11 automatically lock my PC without having it go to sleep?

How can I make Windows 11 automatically lock my PC without having it go to sleep?: I am trying to look for a way to have my laptop automatically lock after a certain period of time without having it go to sleep. I searched the settings for such a feature and could not find one. So, is there a way to have my laptop automatically lock after a certain time...
  6. how do i make so i have java on microsoft without buying it

how do i make so i have java on microsoft without buying it: i dont know if anyone know but it say that i have to change to a microsoft account but i dont have java on my microsoft account and i dont want to spend more money on buying java edition and if there is no other way does this mean my mojang account and everything on it will...
  7. PC do not sleep or Hibernate and the screen goes black and BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC do not sleep or Hibernate and the screen goes black and BSOD.: Windows 10 Pro 20H2 When I put windows to sleep or Hibernate it goes to BSOD , i can't see it because screen is black, when i checked the BlueScreenView app ,it shows that i had BSOD at that time when i put windows to sleep or hibernate. BSOD Dump files WeTransfer 176160
  8. How do I make a script repeat. Also how do I add a pause in a script.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make a script repeat. Also how do I add a pause in a script.: How do I make a script repeat? How do I add a pause in a script. Please keep it very simple, I am not experienced at this submitted by /u/snoodnodge1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrtk6j/how_do_i_make_a_script_repeat_also_how_do_i_add_a/
  9. How do i get my pc to make you sign in after it goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do i get my pc to make you sign in after it goes to sleep.: kb4504418, kb4532693, kb4534132 on of these updates started the problem i didn't pay attention which update stopped the computer from shutting down cant seem to find that option in power & sleep options to shut it down after a set amount of time, so when i walk away it shuts...
  10. how do i make a software start automatically when i lock my pc

how do i make a software start automatically when i lock my pc: how doo i make an sofware start automatically when i lock my pc . im using win10 pro (Using win10 pro) 63543