Windows 10: How do I make IE11 my search engine and homepage in windows 10

Discus and support How do I make IE11 my search engine and homepage in windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; IE USED TO BE EASY AND ACCESSIBLE. I have very limited PC capabilities and trying to remain with what I am used to using is becoming virtually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Frozzled, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Frozzled Win User

How do I make IE11 my search engine and homepage in windows 10

IE USED TO BE EASY AND ACCESSIBLE.

I have very limited PC capabilities and trying to remain with what I am used to using is becoming virtually impossible.

It seems as though Microsoft is bullying me into only being able to use edge and this dreadful bing/msn thing that I can't get rid of.

Microsoft seems to have contaminated my PC.

I simply want to be able to set up my laptop to have IE11 on my taskbar and open up with it.

After a torturous process of frustrating efforts and failures I've managed to get the IE icon on my taskbar...……………….but when I try to open IE up I get the ominous

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Can’t reach this page

• Check that all network cables are plugged in.
    • Verify that airplane mode is turned off.
    • Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.
    • See if you can connect to mobile broadband.
    • Restart your router.
    More information <id id="moreInformation">More information</id>

The DNS server might be having problems.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Because of chronic pain 24/7 I'm not capable of dealing with this Microsoft windows horror trip and am now incapable of using my PC with any modicum of entertainment or pleasure.

For one key a time one finger tappers such as me the basic use of the internet is a frigging dreaded load of stuff I can't describe without a long list of not allowed profanity.

If you can help me with my IE installation it'd be very much appreciated,

thanks from Frozzled

:)

Frozzled, Sep 18, 2018

2. IE11 search engines

Has anyone found out how to add a new search engine to IE11 yet? Discussion's been ongoing for several years and still no solution and the MS fixes don't work.

I'm using Win 10 1709.16299, so presumably it's not a KB update problem as it was in 2015.

Any ideas?

monkeeeeeeeeee, Sep 18, 2018
  3. LCRT Win User
    search engine

windows xp advice for a windows 10 query. with registry fiddling. great advice.

anyway, the answer is very simple:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-the-default-search-engine-in-microsoft-edge

"

When you enter something in the address bar in Microsoft Edge, you’ll see results from Bing. Microsoft recommends Bing for the best performance with Windows 10. Bing gives instant help for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge (just like this). And Bing links search
    results with some Windows 10 apps. But Microsoft Edge uses OpenSearch technology, so you can change the default search engine. Here’s how:

• Enter the search engine’s website and browse to it.

• Select More actions (...) > Settings and then scroll down to select View
      advanced settings. In the list under Search in the address bar with, choose Add new.

• Select the website and then select Add as default.

• Note: Only search providers that support the OpenSearch standard will appear in this list. If they don’t support it yet,here's how
        they can."

4. How do I make IE11 my search engine and homepage in windows 10

Photo options and search engine in Windows 10

Hi Ruth,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

When you say skip movies, music and games, what exactly do you mean by that?

I would suggest you to use Photo app in Windows 10 so that all the photos will be listed in one place.

For reference Photos app for Windows help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/photos-app-faq

Note : Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

You can use any search engine you desire. Bing comes as default search engine in Windows 10. If you prefer some other search engine then you can use that search engine.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

How do I make IE11 my search engine and homepage in windows 10

1. How do I make IE11 my search engine and homepage in windows 10 - Similar Threads - IE11 search engine

2. search engine on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    search engine on windows 10: this is not a big issue but it reoccurs every once in a while maybe once a week and it is getting annoyingi set my search engine to google, but after a few days it goes right back to yahoo! i never set for yahoo in my whole life so then i reset to google and it’s fine for a...
  3. search engine on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search engine on windows 10: this is not a big issue but it reoccurs every once in a while maybe once a week and it is getting annoyingi set my search engine to google, but after a few days it goes right back to yahoo! i never set for yahoo in my whole life so then i reset to google and it’s fine for a...
  4. How do I change the search engine of the search bar to a different thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the search engine of the search bar to a different thing: I use google as my browser, as I have been using it for a long time and feels normal. how do I make it so that the search boxpicture below opens the search in google chrome, or a different appI don't just mean change the default browser of edgeI am on windows 11...
  5. How do I remove Yahoo, as search engine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I remove Yahoo, as search engine?: Since i did a reinstall, yahoo has popped up, not by choice as my search engine and I want to remove it. I have trid recommendations and removed under settings but it reappears. . I use Window 10 Pro, with edge as browswer & all security and intelligence up to date. I...
  6. How do I make Google my search engine?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make Google my search engine?: Just got this new DELL tower. How do I make Google my search engine and open to Google? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-google-my-search-engine/03cd02ef-58cd-4f04-8bba-89aa41944ffe
  7. how do I change my homepage

how do I change my homepage: how do I change my homepage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-my-homepage/744f3b83-f066-44f2-be5e-ed7d8cafc5bd
  8. How do I search for dedicated folders and speedup the search engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I search for dedicated folders and speedup the search engine: a) search for dedicated folders e.g. music folders using explorer. b)speed up the awful win 10 search engine so I do not have to look at an expanding ribbon for what seems ages. Thank you, I very much hope I will not be directed to starting windows with a clean boot and...
  9. How do I pin the Search Engine Bing to my taskbar?

How do I pin the Search Engine Bing to my taskbar?: How do I pin Bing to my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-the-search-engine-bing-to-my-taskbar/10fc404c-1f62-4932-b625-1723ffdcc0a7
  10. search engine worthless or how do i use it

in Windows 10 Support
    search engine worthless or how do i use it: i keep loosing files while moving them and i cant find them with the search engine ive just lost several thousand photos and dont know what to do 94654