Windows 10: How do I make it so downloads go to the external hard drive I just got and plugged in

Discus and support How do I make it so downloads go to the external hard drive I just got and plugged in in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The hard drive is 1tb. submitted by /u/OogaBooga132321 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OogaBooga132321, Jan 5, 2020.

1. How do I make it so downloads go to the external hard drive I just got and plugged in

/u/OogaBooga132321, Jan 5, 2020

2. Computer freezes and Explorer doen't respond when I plug an external Hard drive

Hello jobkakule,

The issue is possibly caused by corrupted data or bad sectors on your external hard drive or could be a sign of a failing hard drive.

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Have you tried plugging your external hard drive to a different USB port? Also, check if you can access the drive by plugging it to a different computer.
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, I'd suggest to repair the bad sectors on your external hard drive. Kindly refer to the steps below:

(Let's just assume that the drive letter for your external hard drive is E. If not, please do change it to the correct drive letter)

1. Plug in your external hard drive. Click on Start, search for
    Command Prompt, right-click on it and select Run as administrator.

2. Type in the following command below and press Enter after each command:

Chkdsk /f E:

Chkdsk /r E:

3. Reboot your computer after the scan is completed.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 5, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Mark Isi Win User

How do I make it so downloads go to the external hard drive I just got and plugged in

External Hard Drive

Hi,

Just to verify, did you mean, your back up files used to be on your external hard drive, but now it's no longer there? If this is true, kindly provide more answers to the questions below, so we can further assess the issue:

• When did the files start to disappear?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Did you make nay changes on the settings of your PC or hard drive prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to plug in your external drive?
    • Does your external drive shows that the space is consumed?

Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

How do I make it so downloads go to the external hard drive I just got and plugged in

1. How do I make it so downloads go to the external hard drive I just got and plugged in - Similar Threads - downloads external hard

2. I just got a new hard so i have to now how do I combine them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just got a new hard so i have to now how do I combine them.: I just got a anther hard drive so I have 2 now but I want to use both and not 2 separate where I have to switch between how do I combine both of them....
  3. I just got a new hard so i have to now how do I combine them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just got a new hard so i have to now how do I combine them.: I just got a anther hard drive so I have 2 now but I want to use both and not 2 separate where I have to switch between how do I combine both of them....
  4. wifi stops when i plug an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi stops when i plug an external hard drive: My wifi crashes whenever my external hard drive is plugged in through a usb 3.0 port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-stops-when-i-plug-an-external-hard-drive/a7aedc9b-4dce-48cd-aab4-8e61b86c789e
  5. wifi stops when i plug an external hard drive

wifi stops when i plug an external hard drive: My wifi crashes whenever my external hard drive is plugged in through a usb 3.0 port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wifi-stops-when-i-plug-an-external-hard-drive/a7aedc9b-4dce-48cd-aab4-8e61b86c789e
  6. wifi stops when i plug an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. how do I upload photos to an external hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I upload photos to an external hard drive: how do I upload photos to an external hard drive from my computer windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-upload-photos-to-an-external-hard-drive/736d81a0-a8b6-4a40-b093-f255f6b169ca
  8. How do I eject an external hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I eject an external hard drive?: When I go to eject the drive, the eject button is greyed out and I can't click on it. When I go to the "Safely remove hardware and eject media" to try and eject, it says that it cannot because it's still being used in a program. I ended up closing all my programs and windows...
  9. ok so i was just trying to download and or view media on an external hard drive and its...

ok so i was just trying to download and or view media on an external hard drive and its...: from my old computer and for some unknown reason 500$ later trying to retrieve these pics it just seems to e absolutely impossible why is this so freaking difficult, it should be as easy as plug and play?!!! please any help or info would be much appreciated!!! *** Email...
  10. So i just got a new hard drive and this is happening. I don’t know why it’s doing this....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So i just got a new hard drive and this is happening. I don’t know why it’s doing this....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/secondoverthree [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxvvjn/so_i_just_got_a_new_hard_drive_and_this_is/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i make it so my laptop games update to external drive