Windows 10: How do I make it so that I don't have to enter my password when turning on/waking up my PC?

Discus and support How do I make it so that I don't have to enter my password when turning on/waking up my PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm sure this has cumulatively taken MINUTES out of my life. It's annoying when I wanna use my Steam Link as well and have to run up two flights of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jikkojokki, Jan 29, 2020.

1. How do I make it so that I don't have to enter my password when turning on/waking up my PC?

I'm sure this has cumulatively taken MINUTES out of my life. It's annoying when I wanna use my Steam Link as well and have to run up two flights of stairs to my room to unlock my PC and then back down to the living room where the Link is.

It's extra annoying because Windows forced me yesterday to use a number pin instead which is considerably more annoying to type than my old password was. Pls help

submitted by /u/jikkojokki
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jikkojokki, Jan 29, 2020
  2. Mel Tar Win User

How to turn off password protection on every wake up of the system

Hi Richard,

Please follow the steps below on how to turn off password on wake up:

• Search Settings on the Start menu and select
      System.
    • Select Power and sleep, and click Additional power settings.
    • On the next window, click Require a password on wakeup.
    • Under Password protection on wakeup, tick the radio button next to
      Don't require a password, and save the changes.
    Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Entering Password to login to computer after turning it on. Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

• Open settings

• Click on Users and account

• Open Sign-in options and tap the
      Change button under Password.

• Enter the current password and click Next.

• There you can remove the pin password

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 29, 2020
  4. How do I make it so that I don't have to enter my password when turning on/waking up my PC?

Newly updated Windows10 PCs wake/turn themselves on

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps

Method 1:

Check your network card properties to see if incase it is causing the problem.

• Press Windows Key+ X and select
      Device Manager from the list

• Spot and Expand the
      Network Adapters

• Right click on your Network card and select
      Properties.

• Click Power Management tab and uncheck the options there to prevent your network card from every waking up your Windows.

Method 2

If it doesn't help, then let us find the root cause by using the command line which actually making PC to wake up

* Right-click on Start and Select Command Prompt (Admin) from context Menu

* Type or Copy/Paste the below commands into it

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

• To find out which devices are enabled to wake up the PC, enter this command

powercfg /lastwake

• This will show the device which make system to Wake up last.

Post finding the device, work around with the settings to fix the issue.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

How do I make it so that I don't have to enter my password when turning on/waking up my PC?

1. How do I make it so that I don't have to enter my password when turning on/waking up my PC? - Similar Threads - don't enter password

2. How do I enter my PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I enter my PC?: Replaced my motherboard and CPU in my PC. Did a Windows Backup before transferring components. When turning on the computer, it stated that the security pin was removed due to device changes, so it has to send a confirmation number to my old phone. I was lucky enough to...
  3. How do I enter my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I enter my PC?: Replaced my motherboard and CPU in my PC. Did a Windows Backup before transferring components. When turning on the computer, it stated that the security pin was removed due to device changes, so it has to send a confirmation number to my old phone. I was lucky enough to...
  4. How do I get my username to save so I only have to enter my password after my PC wakes from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my username to save so I only have to enter my password after my PC wakes from...: I recently got a new laptop at work and whenever it sleeps, I need to reenter my username and password to log back in. I do not mind needing to enter my password, I actually prefer this, but do not want to have to type in my username every time. With my previous laptop, I...
  5. How do I get my username to save so I only have to enter my password after my PC wakes from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get my username to save so I only have to enter my password after my PC wakes from...: I recently got a new laptop at work and whenever it sleeps, I need to reenter my username and password to log back in. I do not mind needing to enter my password, I actually prefer this, but do not want to have to type in my username every time. With my previous laptop, I...
  6. How to eliminate entering my password when I open my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to eliminate entering my password when I open my PC: Evert time I boot up my laptop, itasks me for my password. How can I eliminate this demand? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-eliminate-entering-my-password-when-i-open/c366a060-f275-48c9-b5dc-e80e87aa02cb
  7. Turning on the lights makes my PC wake up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning on the lights makes my PC wake up: So, I usually keep my PC in sleep mode most of the time and lately I've been finding it wake up a lot for no apparent reason. Initially, I expected this issue to be related to the peripherals, mostly the mouse being moved through slight vibrations or something along those...
  8. I don't need to have a password or pin when I turn on my computer. How do I get rid of it???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I don't need to have a password or pin when I turn on my computer. How do I get rid of it???: I need to remove the sign in password and /or pin when I turn on my computer. I was able to do that up until a few days ago, but when Microsoft did an update, they changed my settings and I want to get rid of having to sign in everytime I restart my computer. Hope you can...
  9. capitalization: how do I turn it off so I can enter my password in lower case?

in Windows 10 Customization
    capitalization: how do I turn it off so I can enter my password in lower case?: caps lock is off but still capitalizes first letter. how do I turn it off so I can enter my password in lower case? I have turned off autocorrect under main settings/device/typing and it didn't help....
  10. how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on: how to i not have to enter pin or password when turn computer on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-i-not-have-to-enter-pin-or-password-when/89037f07-cd48-492b-8de3-940f13668a55"