Windows 10: How do I make it so that to recieve a notification from a certain program, the program...

Discus and support How do I make it so that to recieve a notification from a certain program, the program... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; How do I make it so that to recieve a notification from a certain program, the program doesn't need to be opened? submitted by /u/Hplr63 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hplr63, Jul 6, 2020.

1. /u/Hplr63 Win User

How do I make it so that to recieve a notification from a certain program, the program...

How do I make it so that to recieve a notification from a certain program, the program doesn't need to be opened?

submitted by /u/Hplr63
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hplr63, Jul 6, 2020
  2. QED
    Qed Win User

Monitor program with email notification

I will be away from the computer and not being able to use RDP or VNC from the mobile phone but i'm able to recieve email. Having the mobile a real time notification if the fan breaks or any other dangerous reason would be very nice.
    One "solution" could be to set MSI Afterurner to log temperature to a file and write a small java program to email it. But having something already integrated into the monitor program would be nice.

3. How to block a sound from a certain program. HELP

For this, I would only like to block the sound that a certain program is making when it gives a notification. I want the notification, I just don't want the sound that goes with it. And it's only for certain programs. I tried turning down the applications
    volume but of course that affects ALL programs.... the same goes for turning down the system volume. And since those are my only 2 options, I'm having a difficult time. I can't find anywhere on how to just turn the sound off for certain programs.

HannTheftAudio, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Shanester Win User

How do I make it so that to recieve a notification from a certain program, the program...

How do I select AutoPlay program?

Greetings,

How do I select a program in AutoPlay?

When I go to Settings > Devices > AutoPlay, the Removable drive options are:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files (File Explorer)
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings)
    How do I select a program?

If I select "Ask me every time", and then insert a music CD, I get a notification:

DVD RW Drive (EHow do I make it so that to recieve a notification from a certain program, the program... :) Audio CD
    Select to choose what happens with audio CDs.

If I click the notification, this box appears:

DVD RW Drive (EHow do I make it so that to recieve a notification from a certain program, the program... :) Audio CD
    Choose what to do with audio CDs.
    • Play audio CD
      Power Media Player 14
    • Play audio CD
      Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    However, the program I want to run isn't in the list. How do I select it? Someone else asked a similar question. The answer there was to make the desired program a default program first, and then it would appear in the list. Unfortunately, I don't have the option to specify my own program for the default music player.

Thanks,
    Shane.

Shanester, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I make it so that to recieve a notification from a certain program, the program... - Similar Threads - recieve notification certain

2. Notifications from a certain program disappear almost immediately, can't be reviewed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications from a certain program disappear almost immediately, can't be reviewed: I have a program that generates semi-regular, fairly important notifications. On my previous Windows 10 machine, these notifications would appear both as a banner that would display for a handful of seconds, and as an entry in the notification center, where I could clear them...
  3. Notifications from a certain program disappear almost immediately, can't be reviewed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notifications from a certain program disappear almost immediately, can't be reviewed: I have a program that generates semi-regular, fairly important notifications. On my previous Windows 10 machine, these notifications would appear both as a banner that would display for a handful of seconds, and as an entry in the notification center, where I could clear them...
  4. How do I make microsoft programs not small.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make microsoft programs not small.: I installed new drivers because my audio was low on my asus monitor through the help function. The audio is fixed but now microsoft programs and HP programs like edge, office, task manager will not open to the full screen. Before this after I installed the driver I got a...
  5. How do I make microsoft programs not small.

How do I make microsoft programs not small.: I installed new drivers because my audio was low on my asus monitor through the help function. The audio is fixed but now microsoft programs and HP programs like edge, office, task manager will not open to the full screen. Before this after I installed the driver I got a...
  6. How do I make microsoft programs not small.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How do you make a certain program not start when powering on

How do you make a certain program not start when powering on: i don't want to be too cluttered when i start the computer. 182060
  8. How do you make a certain program not start when powering on

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you make a certain program not start when powering on: i don't want to be too cluttered when i start the computer. 182060
  9. Overheating from certain programs/processes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Overheating from certain programs/processes: Straight to the point. My laptop keeps overheating randomly, when I check the task manager to see what's up, I see that either Edge/Firefox or "Service Host: Local System Network Restricted" has high power usage. Whenever the laptop is overheating, one/two of these 3 display...
  10. How do you make program folders?

How do you make program folders?: In previous versions of windows, you could make program folders and nest the programs you wanted inside of them; I have no clue as to how to do that in windows 10; I had them organzied that way in Win 7, and after upgrading to 10, some of them do show up on the start menu,...