Windows 10: How do I make Mail my true default e-mail app and get rid of the old man named Outlook?

Discus and support How do I make Mail my true default e-mail app and get rid of the old man named Outlook? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I’m an Office 365 subscriber, I do freelance work. I love O365 and I think it runs circles around competition like Google.However, for me MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Douchebak, Mar 16, 2020.

1. How do I make Mail my true default e-mail app and get rid of the old man named Outlook?

Hi,

I’m an Office 365 subscriber, I do freelance work. I love O365 and I think it runs circles around competition like Google.However, for me MS Outlook is the weakest point of the offering. I get thet ih has a tons of features and is the corporate standard. But I concluded that it is an overkill for my basic e-mail needs. I just need to move quickly and answer some messages, and most work is done via instant messaging, like Skype anyway. I moved to Windows 10 native mail app and love it for number of reasons, but ttat's a different story.

My question is – how do I make Mail app mu true default e-mail client?

I made sure the default app setting is correct. However, when I want to e-mail a file from file explorer, and hit “send to mail recipient”, an Outlook new message window pops up, instead of Mail. How do I get rid of that and whack Outlook to stay in his closet?

submitted by /u/Douchebak
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Douchebak, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Jayzilla Win User

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Mar 16, 2020
  3. No default mail app

I want to right click on a file and send it to a mail recipient but Windows 10 PRO 16299.309 tell me there is no default mail client. I have looked at the Windows default mail app and it is set to Outlook 2016, no success. I have opened Outlook 2016 and made sure that I checked off the box to set it as the default app for e-mail, contacts, etc., no success. *cry Of course I can work around this by opening Outlook and attaching the file to the e-mail but I should not have to.

Maybe I need to uninstall and re-install Office?

alkaufmann, Mar 16, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

How do I make Mail my true default e-mail app and get rid of the old man named Outlook?

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

How do I make Mail my true default e-mail app and get rid of the old man named Outlook?

1. How do I make Mail my true default e-mail app and get rid of the old man named Outlook? - Similar Threads - Mail true default

2. Phising E-mail. E-mail was sent to my gmail account regarding my outlook e-mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phising E-mail. E-mail was sent to my gmail account regarding my outlook e-mail: Just an FYI. I recently signed up for a new account through my child's school, I am using a Mac and I am using Google products at the moment. I do have a separate Microsoft account but I don't use it that often. The following day this e-mail was sent to me claiming it is from...
  3. Phising E-mail. E-mail was sent to my gmail account regarding my outlook e-mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phising E-mail. E-mail was sent to my gmail account regarding my outlook e-mail: Just an FYI. I recently signed up for a new account through my child's school, I am using a Mac and I am using Google products at the moment. I do have a separate Microsoft account but I don't use it that often. The following day this e-mail was sent to me claiming it is from...
  4. Phising E-mail. E-mail was sent to my gmail account regarding my outlook e-mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Outlook e-mails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook e-mails: My e-mails will not download from AOL into my Outlook. Also, I am having an issue with attachments to my e-mails in Outlook. When I click on the attachment, I get the following error message: Your organization's polices are preventing us from completing this action for you....
  6. Outlook e-mails

Outlook e-mails: My e-mails will not download from AOL into my Outlook. Also, I am having an issue with attachments to my e-mails in Outlook. When I click on the attachment, I get the following error message: Your organization's polices are preventing us from completing this action for you....
  7. delete old not used e mail names

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete old not used e mail names: how do I delete old names from name list-not used https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-old-not-used-e-mail-names/dce341a0-048e-4b87-8a1a-9a335f06a418
  8. How do I get "Focused" on Outlook Mail App?

How do I get "Focused" on Outlook Mail App?: Hi, I had a problem with Outlook Mail App not syncing for a week so I deleted my Outlook info and created a new one. My emails sync fine and is up to date, but I lost the "Focused" option. It shows all mail together. How do I get the focused back? Is there a way to reset Mail...
  9. Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Make 'Mail' app default for sending emails and not Outlook: I have both the windows 10 mail app and office outlook installed but when emailing a document from within windows file explorer it always tries to send it using Outlook. Is there a way to get it to default to send using the Mail app instead? I have tried setting the...
  10. Default E-Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Default E-Mail: Installed 10 and now can't find how to make Yahoo my default e-mail 17417