Windows 10: How do I make Metadata read-only?

Discus and support How do I make Metadata read-only? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After reading about how the creation and modification dates on files can be changed by something as insignificant as a copy operation (a rather major... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeb Kerman, Nov 8, 2019.

1. How do I make Metadata read-only?

After reading about how the creation and modification dates on files can be changed by something as insignificant as a copy operation (a rather major flaw which seems like not only horrible but easily fixable programming to me, especially considering Mac doesn't seem to have this problem), I was wondering if there is any way to bake metadata into files, make them read-only so they can't be changed (even if it's only one date, like the creation date stays the same but the modification doesn't).

Camera RAW files are supposedly impossible to be doctored (which I doubt) because they are read-only, but if this is true then surely the same could be done for metadata? I'm tired of seeing my night photos supposedly being taken at 2 in the afternoon, and of the creation and modification dates being exactly the same. I run Windows 10 but the same thing happens on other versions like 8 and 7.

:)

Jeb Kerman, Nov 8, 2019
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

MCE and Metadata

WMC and Metadata

I just got my HTPC setup and I just added images for all my movies and I'm working on TV shows. But I now want to add metadata, I tried Yammm, but it did nothing. I would almost liek to just add my own. I want to have synopsis's even for my TV shows which I think all the programs out there only fetch info off IMBD. Any suggestions?

1Kurgan1, Nov 8, 2019
  3. 1Kurgan1 Win User
    Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, Nov 8, 2019
  4. twilyth Win User

How do I make Metadata read-only?

twilyth, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I make Metadata read-only?

1. How do I make Metadata read-only? - Similar Threads - Metadata read

2. Who do we contact to fix these "Metadata Staging Failed" errors?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Who do we contact to fix these "Metadata Staging Failed" errors?: I've been getting these Event ID 131 errors in the Event Viewer for ages, now: Metadata staging failed, result=0x8007000D for container '{00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF}' They've survived at least two Fresh Start re-installs of Windows 10 across both Intel and AMD...
  3. Media Player DLNA show metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player DLNA show metadata: Dear Microsoft, Can you help me, Media Player show metadata on DLNA in my network. Can i change show the file name or other title. I can rename the file on my PC (DLNA server) in Media Player application but the other device not change the name. Thank you...
  4. Metadata staging failed, result=0x8007000D

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Metadata staging failed, result=0x8007000D: Hi, I have having issue with my Bluetooth headphone. My headphone is shown as paired but sound doesn.t play. Reconnecting fixes it for a few minutes. I digged into Event Viewer tool and found the following every-time this happened. Metadata staging failed,...
  5. Event ID 131 Metadata errors happening lately.

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 131 Metadata errors happening lately.: So I'm getting these the past couple of days recently. Metadata staging failed, result={00000000-0000-0000-FFFF-FFFFFFFFFFFF} for container '0x8007000D' Metadata staging failed, result={9C52FEAA-DABE-5636-BEC0-AFDCA171FDBD} for container '0x80070057' Thing is that I don't...
  6. Cannot edit any metadata in audio and video files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot edit any metadata in audio and video files: I'm running Windows 10, fully updated. All of a sudden and for no apparent reason, I'm unable to update any metadata/tags for audio and video files. Haven't tried to update metadata for other types of files. It's very important to me to be able to edit the metadata/tags on...
  7. Metadata no longer supported

in Windows 10 Support
    Metadata no longer supported: Hey gang, you have been very helpful fixing other problems that my friends have ! So here is the problem, my friend sent me: I'm sure you already know Microsoft has cancelled the service supplying metadata for windows media player which means I can't get album art or track...
  8. Event Error 131-DeviceSetupManager-Metadata staging failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Error 131-DeviceSetupManager-Metadata staging failed: I have recently been besieged with numerous 'Event Viewer Errors 131- Metadata staging failed.' These errors just appeared for the first time three days ago, and have logged over 100 same events since. Following an earlier thread, for this same complaint (...
  9. Issues with FLAC metadata and options menus on wmv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with FLAC metadata and options menus on wmv: Win 10 Home user here (latest update as of this writing), currently in the process of ripping a 500+ music CD collection into FLAC files for personal use. So far i'm frustrated and disappointed with WMV's way of garbling up the metadata on FLAC files, apparently on purpose....
  10. Computer Failed to read packed metadata!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Failed to read packed metadata!: Had a power outage yesterday and turned my PC back on and got this message on the screen as shown in the picture below. It says "Press <ESC> to continue." but it won't even let me do that. Is there anyone that knows a solution to something like this? Computer Specs: Intel...