Windows 10: How do I make Metadata read-only?

Discus and support How do I make Metadata read-only? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After reading about how the creation and modification dates on files can be changed by something as insignificant as a copy operation (a rather major... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jeb Kerman, Nov 8, 2019.

1. How do I make Metadata read-only?

After reading about how the creation and modification dates on files can be changed by something as insignificant as a copy operation (a rather major flaw which seems like not only horrible but easily fixable programming to me, especially considering Mac doesn't seem to have this problem), I was wondering if there is any way to bake metadata into files, make them read-only so they can't be changed (even if it's only one date, like the creation date stays the same but the modification doesn't).

Camera RAW files are supposedly impossible to be doctored (which I doubt) because they are read-only, but if this is true then surely the same could be done for metadata? I'm tired of seeing my night photos supposedly being taken at 2 in the afternoon, and of the creation and modification dates being exactly the same. I run Windows 10 but the same thing happens on other versions like 8 and 7.

:)

Jeb Kerman, Nov 8, 2019
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

MCE and Metadata

WMC and Metadata

I just got my HTPC setup and I just added images for all my movies and I'm working on TV shows. But I now want to add metadata, I tried Yammm, but it did nothing. I would almost liek to just add my own. I want to have synopsis's even for my TV shows which I think all the programs out there only fetch info off IMBD. Any suggestions?

1Kurgan1, Nov 8, 2019
  3. 1Kurgan1 Win User
    Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, Nov 8, 2019
  4. twilyth Win User

How do I make Metadata read-only?

twilyth, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

How do I make Metadata read-only?

1. How do I make Metadata read-only? - Similar Threads - Metadata read

2. When will Windows 11 Media Player be able to read more metadata in flac files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When will Windows 11 Media Player be able to read more metadata in flac files?: I store my classical music in flac files. Being able to sort by composer is important to me. I have filled in the "composer" field in all my classical music flac files using Mp3tag, but Windows 11 Media Player does not acknowledge this tag. I have also appended album art...
  3. When will Windows 11 Media Player be able to read more metadata in flac files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When will Windows 11 Media Player be able to read more metadata in flac files?: I store my classical music in flac files. Being able to sort by composer is important to me. I have filled in the "composer" field in all my classical music flac files using Mp3tag, but Windows 11 Media Player does not acknowledge this tag. I have also appended album art...
  4. How do I change an attribute WITHIN the metadata so that it is no longer read only?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I change an attribute WITHIN the metadata so that it is no longer read only?: Situation: I have some .mp4 files that shows me the wrong title when playing within a player such as Windows Media Player. Inside the file properties menu there is a "detail" pane that has a "title" field which originally contained a title that is different than the file name...
  5. How do I change an attribute WITHIN the metadata so that it is no longer read only?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change an attribute WITHIN the metadata so that it is no longer read only?: Situation: I have some .mp4 files that shows me the wrong title when playing within a player such as Windows Media Player. Inside the file properties menu there is a "detail" pane that has a "title" field which originally contained a title that is different than the file name...
  6. How do I change an attribute WITHIN the metadata so that it is no longer read only?

7. Cannot read pdf xmp metadata via Powershell

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot read pdf xmp metadata via Powershell: I am trying to get XMP metadata from pdf via Powershell, which i am able to get from some docs and not from some.The only difference is the version .ie 1.6 for which i can get the XMP metadata and 1.5 for which i cannot .The bold text is where it gives me null value. Any help...
  8. Cannot read pdf xmp metadata via Powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot read pdf xmp metadata via Powershell: I am trying to get XMP metadata from pdf via Powershell, which i am able to get from some docs and not from some.The only difference is the version .ie 1.6 for which i can get the XMP metadata and 1.5 for which i cannot .The bold text is where it gives me null value. Any help...
  9. Cannot read pdf xmp metadata via Powershell

10. Reading Metadata from Media Files: Ridiculously Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reading Metadata from Media Files: Ridiculously Slow: Opening a folder for the first time in a session which contains a large number of media files e.g., *.mov, *.jpg, *.mp4 is very slow i.e., slowly crawling green bar in the file path box.From what I can tell this is because Windows insists on opening each of the files to grab...