Windows 10: How do I make Microsoft Edge always muted? Must be muted by default.

Discus and support How do I make Microsoft Edge always muted? Must be muted by default. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I have an interest in muting Microsoft edge permanently. I don't want to hear any sound from any tab on it, but I do need to have the computer's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by adamaii, Sep 3, 2019.

1. adamaii Win User

How do I make Microsoft Edge always muted? Must be muted by default.

Hello I have an interest in muting Microsoft edge permanently. I don't want to hear any sound from any tab on it, but I do need to have the computer's other apps unmuted.

I have tried a commonly suggested program called EarTrumpet, but it doesn't remember mute status, or volume status for Edge, even though it does for every other program I have ever installed.

How can I mute Microsoft Edge? I will not be able to manually mute each tab, every time it is opened so I need a solution that will put it in a muted state by default.

:)

adamaii, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Kelemvor Win User

Any way to mute Microsoft Edge? It doesn't show up in the Mixer screen

Howdy,

I'm looking for a way that I can completely Mute certain Edge tabs or just Edge in general. When I open up the Sound Mixer, I see various programs that I can mute, Chrome, Firefox, etc but Edge doesn't show up in the list. Is there any other way to mute Edge specifically that anyone knows of?

Thanks.

Kelemvor, Sep 3, 2019
  3. AL43915 Win User
    Mute-Mute-Mute

Guess I am joining the party. Have tried everything. Its a one shot deal with the microphone. I can do one command to Cortana and I get muted. Skype, I last a few seconds. My two computers are the same, a new Lenovo laptop, and my Asus Kabby Lake gamer. No malware or viruses, drivers are all up to date. Tried every suggestion I have found across Internet. Nothing has worked for me. Microsoft, you folks need to fix this bug, I'd call you and leave a message but I keep getting muted.

AL43915, Sep 3, 2019
  4. mahahual Win User

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I make Microsoft Edge always muted? Must be muted by default. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge always

2. Microphone muted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone muted: Don't matter how many times I have restarted my computer, I have reset it also. I can not unmute the mic in the microphone settings. I have spent hours looking at ways to fix it but it doesn't seem like many others have had the same problem. I have sat here and clicked it a...
  3. Ghost Muted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ghost Muted: I have noticed nobody can see my chat in Mineplex and other basic servers on Minecraft, but they can see hashtags and nothing else. I have tried signing out and signing back in (it didn't work). Then I tried turning all the settings in xbox to everyone or allow (this didn't...
  4. Can't mute Headphones!

Can't mute Headphones!: I am able to set my Windows volume to 0%, but if I want to use the windows mute shortcut or a mute shortcut on my mouse or keyboard it doesn't work at all. This only happens with my "Sony wh 900n" Bluetooth headphones, other audio devices don't show the same effect. So my...
  5. mute sound of adverts

in Windows 10 Customization
    mute sound of adverts: I cannot mute the sound when advertisements are playing on Solitaire. Is it a normal thing? If not, can I mute it in some way or I have to uninstall the game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-sound-of-adverts/3291f13a-ca65-4ac5-850c-dfcf3ff15644
  6. Xbox App Muted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox App Muted: Whenever I start my Xbox App on my Windows 10 PC, the app is muted and I have to go to "Windows, Sound Settings, App volume and preferences" to unmute it. Is there a way to make the app not muted by default?...
  7. Mute Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mute Icon: Hey all, This morning on my system was a white speaker icon with an "X" in it and the word "MUTE". My mouse pointer just passes thru it. How do I get rid of it? I'm using WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-icon/fe77352b-0574-4658-939e-f417ad81106f
  8. Microphone Muted

Microphone Muted: I have a HP Envy all in one computer that is running Windows 10. My computer is updated to the latest version of Windows and I have gone to the HP support website to make sure I have the latest audio drivers for my computer. After the latest update to Windows 10 my...
  9. How do I set certain videos to automatically play muted?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I set certain videos to automatically play muted?: I want to know how to set up videos to play as muted, as I recall there was a way back in windows 7 to write a code like "-muted" or something in the properties, but now it does not longer appear to be possible. So is there a way to set videos to muted, or will I have to...
  10. muting microphone

muting microphone: why does my microphone keep muting itself after every restart? [img] 4293