Windows 10: How do I make Microsoft Edge always muted? Must be muted by default.

Discus and support How do I make Microsoft Edge always muted? Must be muted by default. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello I have an interest in muting Microsoft edge permanently. I don't want to hear any sound from any tab on it, but I do need to have the computer's... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by adamaii, Sep 3, 2019.

1. adamaii Win User

How do I make Microsoft Edge always muted? Must be muted by default.

Hello I have an interest in muting Microsoft edge permanently. I don't want to hear any sound from any tab on it, but I do need to have the computer's other apps unmuted.

I have tried a commonly suggested program called EarTrumpet, but it doesn't remember mute status, or volume status for Edge, even though it does for every other program I have ever installed.

How can I mute Microsoft Edge? I will not be able to manually mute each tab, every time it is opened so I need a solution that will put it in a muted state by default.

:)

adamaii, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Kelemvor Win User

Any way to mute Microsoft Edge? It doesn't show up in the Mixer screen

Howdy,

I'm looking for a way that I can completely Mute certain Edge tabs or just Edge in general. When I open up the Sound Mixer, I see various programs that I can mute, Chrome, Firefox, etc but Edge doesn't show up in the list. Is there any other way to mute Edge specifically that anyone knows of?

Thanks.

Kelemvor, Sep 3, 2019
  3. AL43915 Win User
    Mute-Mute-Mute

Guess I am joining the party. Have tried everything. Its a one shot deal with the microphone. I can do one command to Cortana and I get muted. Skype, I last a few seconds. My two computers are the same, a new Lenovo laptop, and my Asus Kabby Lake gamer. No malware or viruses, drivers are all up to date. Tried every suggestion I have found across Internet. Nothing has worked for me. Microsoft, you folks need to fix this bug, I'd call you and leave a message but I keep getting muted.

AL43915, Sep 3, 2019
  4. mahahual Win User

microphone mutes itself

When i go into properties the mike is muted. When I unmute it works for less than a minute then mutes again. The only suggestion I have found is set as default device which does not solve problem. I have also read it is a virus but I cannot solve with malware or virus scans. It first became a problem just a few weeks ago while skyping. Never had a problem with mike until then.

Troubleshooter finds the microphone muted and fixes, Within a minute the microphone mutes itself again.

mahahual, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

1. How do I make Microsoft Edge always muted? Must be muted by default. - Similar Threads - Microsoft Edge always

2. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  3. My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine: So it has only been a couple of days since I noticed that my mute button light is permanently on with an orange colour, but the function of the button seems to be fine as it mutes and unmutes as it should. I don't know what is causing this or how to fix it....
  4. My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine: So it has only been a couple of days since I noticed that my mute button light is permanently on with an orange colour, but the function of the button seems to be fine as it mutes and unmutes as it should. I don't know what is causing this or how to fix it....
  5. My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Headset microphone muted by default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone muted by default: Hello, I have the "Tronsmart Spunky beat" Bluetooth earphones, which have a mic and can be used as a headset. Whenever I connect them, the mic appears muted by default, and I have to go to the settings and unmute it so I can use it. This is what it looks like after...
  7. Audio Device Always muted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Device Always muted: Audio Device Always muted and unable to unmute. And Volume bar is always staying on the deskt[ATTACH]op. Please refer the attach image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-always-muted/c1a0c242-6ee3-455a-8b32-19aa09471a3b
  8. How do I mute microphone in Speakers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I mute microphone in Speakers?: The microphone sounds are really annoying and I used to be able to mute it through Sounds > Speakers (G533 Gaming Headset) > Levels > Microphone. All I see now is just the slider for Speakers. Here's what it should look like: Disabling Microphone playback. I thought it could...
  9. i need mute this

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    i need mute this: Hello everyone, I tried to do it myself but I didn't know how to do it. My problem and I want to solve it, I don’t like the sounds of the apps, every time I do something on my PC, if a message arrives it sounds how can I silence my apps.?...
  10. Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Mute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Mute and Unmute a Tab in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft edge always muted

2. how to mute microsoft edge permanently?