Windows 10: How do I make my computer not auto-log me out/turn the display off? Regedits?

Discus and support How do I make my computer not auto-log me out/turn the display off? Regedits? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I'm basically trying to make my computer a kiosk without putting it in Kiosk mode but for some reason it keeps logging me out after 15... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Knox Mazzara, Aug 6, 2020.

1. How do I make my computer not auto-log me out/turn the display off? Regedits?

Hello,

I'm basically trying to make my computer a kiosk without putting it in Kiosk mode but for some reason it keeps logging me out after 15 minutes. What are the regedits/local group policy fixes to keep everything on?

I'm on a domain in an OU that has NO policies applied at all and I am an administrator of the machine. This is for windows 10.

:)

Knox Mazzara, Aug 6, 2020

2. How do I delete an address in the Auto-Complete List?

On Mail App, the Auto-Complete List displays suggestions for names and email addresses as you start to type in the To, Cc, and Bcc boxes. These suggestions are derived from names and email addresses that you have typed before.

How do I delete an address in the Auto-Complete List on my Windows Phone 7.5 (Nokia Lumia 800C)?

加文(Gavin), Aug 6, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    how do i connect my NES system to my HP computer

Hi Shawn John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

• Do you receive any error message on the screen?
    • What is the make and model of the NES System?

I understand how you feel at the moment. I would suggest you to shut down the computer, unplug all the Cables and connect it to the proper jack on the computer and the TV. Then start the computer and TV together and check if the
    display is back.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Installation Steps for NES AV to TV Hookup.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Aug 6, 2020
  4. lbeck Win User

How do I make my computer not auto-log me out/turn the display off? Regedits?

How do I reformat entire computer?

Update:

• I probably should have taken better notes on what I've already tried
    • I created the USB flash drive as directed in #26. That did indeed install W10
    • I now am at the same point that I described in my post #6, with my drives still being dynamic rather than basic and the following exceptions from my post #6 (not sure)
    - Now all of my data is on the C:\ drive rather than the various folders like "My Documents
    - I apparently need to reinstall my display driver. The display is wonkey (circles are ovals) and I can’t seem to adjust using the settings menu.
    - Other partitions that came installed with my HP notebook like System, Tools, and Recovery now have different drive settings

So I’ve come almost full circle except with a few steps backwards. I’ll try more carefully to follow Post #2 and #7 as suggested. Possibly I missed as step with those earlier. I’ll also check with my other software to see if there is a simpler way to revert my computer back to the way it was out of the box.

lbeck, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

How do I make my computer not auto-log me out/turn the display off? Regedits?

1. How do I make my computer not auto-log me out/turn the display off? Regedits? - Similar Threads - computer auto log

2. My computer keeps auto logging out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps auto logging out: My computer keeps auto logging outI tried to resolve this issue by going to Settings->System->Power & Battery -> Screen and Sleep -> Power. From here I set everything to Never When my screen should turn off, but it still keeps auto logging out.At this point, it's getting...
  3. Turning my computer off signs me out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning my computer off signs me out: Just recently, whenever I turn my computer on and off, all my accounts are logged out, and it says I need to resign in or else I run this risk of losing anything I do. Its the same login I'd been using for the past few months, and only recently started this issue....
  4. Turning my computer off signs me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning my computer off signs me out: Just recently, whenever I turn my computer on and off, all my accounts are logged out, and it says I need to resign in or else I run this risk of losing anything I do. Its the same login I'd been using for the past few months, and only recently started this issue....
  5. Turning my computer off signs me out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. How do I turn off auto arrange?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn off auto arrange?: How do I turn off auto Arrange in File Explorer? When I follow the instructions I have found in using search, I was told to Right click a blank area in the window and select “View” and turn off the Auto Arrange. But that option is not in the view menu.I’m using Windows 10 Pro...
  7. How do I make the F1 key not turn my computer off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make the F1 key not turn my computer off?: Has to be the shittiest keybind Microsoft has ever added to be honest. I’m in the middle of a game, trying to select my weapon, accidentally press F1 instead of 1 and bam; my computer turns off. This is just so Incredibly tedious at this point. submitted by /u/Sanasaiocht...
  8. How do I turn off my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off my computer: How do I turn off my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-my-computer/c7bcd4e6-4047-4203-b6ba-ae9c92cdf2f5
  9. Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display

Computer unresponsive after auto turn off display: Hello, I'm having an issue after reinstalling Windows 10. I did a clean install of Windows 10 and now I'm experiencing an issue with auto turn off display in the sleep and power options. After 10 minutes my display is set to turn off. And after 3 hours my pc is supposed to...
  10. My computer keeps logging me out after inactivity. How do I turn that off?

My computer keeps logging me out after inactivity. How do I turn that off?: Hi, I'm looking for a way to keep my laptop from logging me out (hence closing all my windows) after I leave it alone for a while. I think I have the same problem discussed in this thread. However, it's possible Microsoft has moved the locations of some of the relevant...