Windows 10: how do i make my desktop full sized again? there is a black bar on the right

Discus and support how do i make my desktop full sized again? there is a black bar on the right in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; there is a black bar on the right side of my screen. I can't even see the start up menu. how do I fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RobinDeMaio, Nov 30, 2019.

1. how do i make my desktop full sized again? there is a black bar on the right

there is a black bar on the right side of my screen. I can't even see the start up menu. how do I fix this?

:)

RobinDeMaio, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Size of the bars is too large

Hi Peter,

Its' possible that there were changes made on the browser's default text size or desktop display settings. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you try the these methods that can adjust the display size of your desktop and IE.

Method 1: Make text larger or smaller in IE 11.

• Open Internet Explorer and press the Alt key to display the menu bar.
    • Select View, and then select Text size.
    • Choose to make text larger or smaller than the size on the screen.

Method 2. Reduce screen display.

• Right-click anywhere on the desktop.
    • Select Display settings, and then select Advanced settings.
    • Set your screen resolution and hit Save.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Font size on windows 10 desktop displays

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to increase the desktop icons' size.

You can change the desktop icons' size by just pressing and holding the Ctrl key and scrolling up/down on your mouse.

To increase the size of text, apps and other item, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click on System and Display tab.
    • Under Change size of text, apps and other items, move the size bar towards right side to increase the size.

Hope this helps you. Let us know if you need further assistance. We'll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 30, 2019
  4. how do i make my desktop full sized again? there is a black bar on the right

increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

how do i make my desktop full sized again? there is a black bar on the right

1. how do i make my desktop full sized again? there is a black bar on the right - Similar Threads - desktop full sized

2. How do I make full size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make full size: I'm trying to hook up multiple monitors and I only have HDMI and vga cords my secondary monitor only has vga and that's fine as my main monitor has HDMI but when I plug my main monitor into the HDMI the screen is smaller than usual. Is there anyone that can help?...
  3. How do I make full size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make full size: I'm trying to hook up multiple monitors and I only have HDMI and vga cords my secondary monitor only has vga and that's fine as my main monitor has HDMI but when I plug my main monitor into the HDMI the screen is smaller than usual. Is there anyone that can help?...
  4. How do I make full size

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I make my windows 10 search bar size long?

in Cortana
    How do I make my windows 10 search bar size long?: How do I adjust my windows 10 search bar size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-windows-10-search-bar-size-long/eaea978b-a50f-4a75-a375-6905794d789f
  6. How do I make my windows 10 search bar size long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my windows 10 search bar size long?: How do I adjust my windows 10 search bar size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-windows-10-search-bar-size-long/eaea978b-a50f-4a75-a375-6905794d789f
  7. How do I make my windows 10 search bar size long?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How do I decrease the size of the apps on my desktop?

How do I decrease the size of the apps on my desktop?: How do I decrease the size of the apps on my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-decrease-the-size-of-the-apps-on-my/2f12fb9b-f287-485f-acd5-ac7a7822c276
  9. How do I make the size of the icons in the task bar larger?

How do I make the size of the icons in the task bar larger?: First of all, why is there a click-on in the display section on the computer to make the icons smaller, but when one goes to find out how to make them larger one gets directed to an article on the subject, as if I want to read an article on how to make icons larger. I simply...
  10. how do I restore my screen to full size?

how do I restore my screen to full size?: how do I restore my desktop and screen to full size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-screen-to-full-size/419a2f55-1e23-4075-b9db-89d935f12416