Windows 10: How do I make my files invisible to another users?

Discus and support How do I make my files invisible to another users? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; On other users, when they type something in the windows search bar, files on my main user pop up (and they are able to use them and everything). I wish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Voliath, May 3, 2021.

1. How do I make my files invisible to another users?

On other users, when they type something in the windows search bar, files on my main user pop up (and they are able to use them and everything).
    I wish to disable that option.
    How do I do that?
    Thanks you for your help

submitted by /u/Voliath
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Voliath, May 3, 2021

2. Hard drive filled with invisible files.

My C:\ drive, which holds the Windows 10 OS, programs data/files and a little bit of user data, shows that I have used roughly 600gb of space (first image below) on a 1TB SSD. When I use WinDirStat to see what's on that drive, it shows that I have about 120gb of data on it (second image). Could someone kindly suggest what could be taking up 480gb of space—and why it is invisible to WinDirStat. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

How do I make my files invisible to another users? [​IMG]

How do I make my files invisible to another users? [​IMG]

Slow Processor, May 3, 2021
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 3, 2021
  4. deving Win User

How do I make my files invisible to another users?

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, May 3, 2021
Thema:

How do I make my files invisible to another users?

1. How do I make my files invisible to another users? - Similar Threads - files invisible another

2. How to make another user in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make another user in windows 11: I have been trying to make a user on my PC running windows 11. I tried both local account and a user with a Microsoft account. But once all the set up process is done and when I finally login. It shows a still picture and I am unable to do anything. I have attached the photo....
  3. How to make another user in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make another user in windows 11: I have been trying to make a user on my PC running windows 11. I tried both local account and a user with a Microsoft account. But once all the set up process is done and when I finally login. It shows a still picture and I am unable to do anything. I have attached the photo....
  4. How do I make apps available to different users. The apps show up in one user but not another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make apps available to different users. The apps show up in one user but not another.: How do I make apps available to different users. The apps show up in one user but not another.I'm looking in the apps area in the windows/start menu and not finding it there....
  5. How do I make apps available to different users. The apps show up in one user but not another.

How do I make apps available to different users. The apps show up in one user but not another.: How do I make apps available to different users. The apps show up in one user but not another.I'm looking in the apps area in the windows/start menu and not finding it there....
  6. Invisible file in /Users file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invisible file in /Users file: Hello, I've attempted to move some files from C to D, after some moving I've checked my user file and I used to have 2 files, which were "Public" and "robim" lost file, the robim file was not there.I've checked for this file in %USERPROFILE%, and it still appears to be there,...
  7. How can I make one account completely invisible with another defaulted.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I make one account completely invisible with another defaulted.: Here is what I am trying to do on a Windows 10 Home laptop. I have two accounts. Let's call them Bert and Ernie for ease of explaining. Bert is the administrator of this laptop and his account is tied to a Microsoft account. Ernie is a local account and could be...
  8. How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer: How do I make files in my user area available to other users on the same computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-files-in-my-user-area-available-to/8d3fbdf0-2486-433c-8ba5-35735709db5f"
  9. how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to make my local user an administrator and make another local NOT: tried to kill the microsoft account and ended up with a new user that is suddenly the admin. my preferred local acct is no longer the admin. how can I make an account the admin and another no longer the admin. btw I am noticing that a lot of the tenforums tutorial show...
  10. How do I add another user to my pc

How do I add another user to my pc: i want to create a new perfil for my brother how i can do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/how-do-i-add-another-user-to-my-pc/8d816ddc-dceb-404b-a3da-83c270ec7015