Windows 10: How do I make my home network my home network?

Discus and support How do I make my home network my home network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am new to Windows 10 and can't get it to let me designate home and work networks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KirkFoster, Oct 6, 2019.

1. How do I make my home network my home network?

I am new to Windows 10 and can't get it to let me designate home and work networks

:)

KirkFoster, Oct 6, 2019

2. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Oct 6, 2019
  3. FLY3R Win User
    Help needed with simple wired network

Perfecto!!!! *Smile How do I make my home network my home network? :)

FLY3R, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Darknova Win User

How do I make my home network my home network?

Networking

Yeah, I don't have a base station in my network. The router is controlled remotely over the LAN from any PC that is connected to the network.

Darknova, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

How do I make my home network my home network?

1. How do I make my home network my home network? - Similar Threads - home network home

2. Home Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Home Network: I've set up six pcs in my home and set up for file sharing on each of them, two are Windows 8.1 and four are windows 10. I have done this many times and not had an issue however there seems to be an issue using Ethernet rather than Wi-FiOn file explorer menu to the left at...
  3. With a Home Group gone, how do I network home computers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    With a Home Group gone, how do I network home computers?: How do I connect my home computers so I can share one drive to another computer? submitted by /u/ametalslimedrewnear [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gt34oa/with_a_home_group_gone_how_do_i_network_home/
  4. How do I find network credentials for my in home network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I find network credentials for my in home network: I have multiple computers linked on my home network and when I want to link to one from another, I get the "Enter network credentials" dialogue box asking for user name & pwd. Is there an easy way to go to the other computer and confirm the credentials to be entered?...
  5. How do I setup a home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I setup a home network: Based on what little I have found. I can no longer set up a home network, through my router, with my two computers since the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-setup-a-home-network/fd7f707e-6b24-4857-898a-69532934f634
  6. Linking to my home network

Linking to my home network: I had to replace my hard drive and now every time I try to connect to my home network it asks me to enter the Network security code - where is it? I don't know how to find it on my computer and would really really appreciate any help you can give me....
  7. Home network

Home network: How do you set up a home network in the latest version of windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-network/3aafe857-37f8-425e-9c86-56e9b407416b
  8. How to make home wireless network

How to make home wireless network: How to make home wireless network? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-to-make-home-wireless-network/8bef59b4-0a0f-4b8a-b056-49d726649ac1
  9. How do i authorize administrators on other computers on my home network to make changes on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i authorize administrators on other computers on my home network to make changes on...: I have a home network on which two computers (A & B) are configured, both running the latest version of Windows 10. I normally (on those rare occasions when things are working properly) can access one computer from the other and perform any administrative functions that I...
  10. Questions on my home network

Questions on my home network: Ok Lets see if I can explain this. I have two computers in my home, both running Windows 10 Pro. They are hardwired I do not use Wifi. Everything goes thur router. Right now all the drives and folders I want to share work fine between both computers. Also share my printer...