Windows 10: How do I make my icons open up when my desktop downloads?

Discus and support How do I make my icons open up when my desktop downloads? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I open up my computer, my icons used to open up immediately on my desktop and now I cannot get them to remain on my desktop at all. Please help!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidRiley2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. How do I make my icons open up when my desktop downloads?

When I open up my computer, my icons used to open up immediately on my desktop and now I cannot get them to remain on my desktop at all. Please help!! *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

DavidRiley2, Mar 11, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 11, 2019
  3. opening icons on desktop

Hello Evaine,

We still can't identify the possible causes of this desktop icon issues you're experiencing. To get a closer look at the root cause, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are you also experiencing the same issue when clicking any icons on the Start menu?
    • Does the issue still the same when using another mouse? How about using your mouse on another computer?
    • Is it also possible to send us a screenshot when the white square box appears after you double click the desktop icon?
    • Have you also tried performing a hardware troubleshooter? If you still haven't, just follow the steps below:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. We would suggest that you run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Mar 11, 2019
  4. How do I make my icons open up when my desktop downloads?

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

How do I make my icons open up when my desktop downloads?

1. How do I make my icons open up when my desktop downloads? - Similar Threads - icons open desktop

2. how do i make my download not be a notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i make my download not be a notepad: how do i make my download not be a notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-download-not-be-a-notepad/d26d9f63-6146-4727-a0a7-6fa479961b35
  3. how do i make my download not be a notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i make my download not be a notepad: how do i make my download not be a notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-download-not-be-a-notepad/d26d9f63-6146-4727-a0a7-6fa479961b35
  4. how do i make my download not be a notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to make my desktop shut up

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make my desktop shut up: Often when I do something I get these "boop-de-boop" noises through my external speakers, I'd like to leave the speakers on and just tell my desktop to stop chirping, period. I don't need to be told I'm doing something when I'm in the act of doing it.Also, although the...
  6. Disappearing Icons on my desktop when opened.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disappearing Icons on my desktop when opened.: What would cause all of my desktop Icons to disappear when I opened the desktop? I did figure out to how find them but wonder why they were gone?...
  7. Disappearing Icons on my desktop when opened.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disappearing Icons on my desktop when opened.: What would cause all of my desktop Icons to disappear when I opened the desktop? I did figure out to how find them but wonder why they were gone?...
  8. Disappearing Icons on my desktop when opened.

9. How do I make the icons on my desktop smaller?

How do I make the icons on my desktop smaller?: So I recently unplugged my second monitor's hdmi, used a different monitor, and then plugged the original one back in. The result was the icons i had on both monitors swapped monitors, and also they're all bigger now. To get the icons back to the right monitors though I just...
  10. HOW TO MAKE MY DESKTOP ICONS GREAT

HOW TO MAKE MY DESKTOP ICONS GREAT: HOW TO MAKE MY DESKTOP ICONS GREAT... PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-to-make-my-desktop-icons-great/cc1f8d2e-12e5-44df-9fff-abfc2907577f