Windows 10: How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?

Discus and support How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Microsoft K350 wireless keyboard. How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulaHarris3, Jul 17, 2019.

1. How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?

Hello, I have a Microsoft K350 wireless keyboard. How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?

:)

PaulaHarris3, Jul 17, 2019

2. SOUND FOR TYPING KEYS?

Hi Richard,

The option to play key sound as a user type is available in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 settings. The steps on how to enable the option will depend on the make and model of the device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the
    following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Is the option "Hear click sounds while typing" available in Gmail and Yahoo mail's settings?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you manually update your keyboard driver. This
    link provides further information on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Ticking sound when typing?

Hi,

The ticking sound is produced as part of the "Filter Keys" feature. You may change its settings in Ease of Access Center. To access this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key. Type Ease of Access Center, then select the search result.
    • Under Explore all settings, click Make the keyboard easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to type, click Set up Filter Keys.
    • Check this thread for the correct settings.

Note: The thread will also apply to Windows 10.

Riel Alc, Jul 17, 2019
  4. How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?

Chiming type sound.

Hello Megan,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with chiming sound while using Edge in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There might be a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to incorrect settings or the audio drivers have gone bad in the system.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Run inbuilt audio troubleshooter and check if it works. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows Key +R, type
      Control Panel.

• Type troubleshooting
      in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

• Now click on view all option.

• Click on Playing audio and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: If your computer is having problems playing sound, try using the Playing Audio troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common problems with your volume settings, your sound card
    or driver, and your speakers or headphones.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

I would also suggest to download and install the latest soundcard drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

How to download and install drivers,
    please follow the link given below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/all-drivers

Note: A driver is software that a device uses to work with your PC. Every device needs a driver to work with your PC. So, in many cases, you can plug in a device, and it’ll work
    automatically.

Windows can also download device software and info. This might include an app that the device manufacturer created to go with your device or info like the product name, manufacturer, and model number, to help you distinguish
    between similar devices.

Drivers are updated occasionally. Windows can update them automatically, or you can install the updated drivers yourself. Windows notifies you if it detects a suspicious or unsafe driver you shouldn't install.

If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

Check with the volume settings. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the speaker icon in taskbar and select volume control options.

• Put a check mark on "All devices currently playing sound".

• Make sure you have "The default communication device unchecked".

• Place a check mark on both speakers and headphones. Click Apply and OK.

If the issue persists, please follow method 4

Method 4:

I would suggest you to refer to the steps in the article given below and check if it helps.

No sound in Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article will help you identify and fix common sound problems in Windows, including no sound coming from your speakers or headphones.

Also try to install latest chipset drivers in the system and check if it helps.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type?

1. How do I make my keys not make the typing sound as I type? - Similar Threads - keys typing sound

2. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing: When I type on my keyboard, usually nothing happens and I type as normal. But nowadays, my laptop makes weird clicking noises audio only whenever I type. Though it doesn't really effect my experience, it's very disrupting and annoying. Like when I start typing, my laptop...
  3. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing: When I type on my keyboard, usually nothing happens and I type as normal. But nowadays, my laptop makes weird clicking noises audio only whenever I type. Though it doesn't really effect my experience, it's very disrupting and annoying. Like when I start typing, my laptop...
  4. Keyboard making clicky sounds when typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I make my F12 key do something?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make my F12 key do something?: I work on a PC. My F12 key does nothing. How can I make it such that it will take a screenshot whenever I press it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-f12-key-do-something/b328d44f-3b83-4d05-b08e-10186798ffae
  6. How do I make the files type default app to nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make the files type default app to nothing: So I need help on how to change a files type of default app to nothing [ATTACH] Do you see the "Choose a default" buttons? well I want to change a file type of default app to nothing like that btw can you show me a video of it thanks....
  7. Whenever I type it makes a clicking noise. How do I fix this?

Whenever I type it makes a clicking noise. How do I fix this?: I have a dell laptop and whenever I click any key it makes like this robotic clicking sound. I also can't press the same key after I already pressed for 1 second. I don't know if this is related it started when the clicking noise happened but whenever I type something and...
  8. HOW DO I STOP KEYBOARD MAKING SOUNDS WHEN I TYPE

HOW DO I STOP KEYBOARD MAKING SOUNDS WHEN I TYPE: FOR SOME REASON MY KEYBOARD STATRED MAKING A SOUND WHEN I PRESS ON KEYS TO TYPE.HOW DO I STOP THISN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-keyboard-making-sounds-when-i-type/0a429486-d3b8-4f67-bee9-32927d816bf3
  9. Desktop computer keyboard making a clicking sound through the speaker with typing, how do I...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop computer keyboard making a clicking sound through the speaker with typing, how do I...: I have a Cybertron gaming computer, No touch screen keyboard. I was holding down Shift in order to read some message in a game, and a box popped up, I closed it, didn't really read it, wish I had now, and now every keystroke comes through the speakers. I can't figure out...
  10. How To Make Type Clearer To Read On Webpage's

in Browsers and Email
    How To Make Type Clearer To Read On Webpage's: Hi, I currently use a 32" led television as my desktop monitor, it's connected via a VGA To HDMI Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 The image on this television is at clearer using this hdmi connection verses using a vga connection.Of course I try...