Windows 10: How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after...

Discus and support How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want it to wake up immediately upon opening it and not have to press the power button and wait for it to boot up (restores the session, but still).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deranox, Jan 24, 2020.

1. How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after...

I want it to wake up immediately upon opening it and not have to press the power button and wait for it to boot up (restores the session, but still). Sometimes it just wakes up, other times, when more time has past I need to press the power button for it to turn on. Why is this so messy ?

submitted by /u/Deranox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deranox, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Annorax Win User

Laptop power button and sleep settings

Hi all,

I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put the laptop to sleep via the start menu, it sleeps fine.

Am I missing something obvious?

Annorax, Jan 24, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Laptop power button and sleep settings

"I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens."

Same on my HP. You just tap and release really quick to put to sleep and button will start blinking when sleeping. Can then shut lid and remains in sleep mode and will wake on lid open.

mrgeek, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after...

Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after...

1. How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after... - Similar Threads - laptop never deep

2. When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I press Windoes key and press power Button it spams Sleep: Hi, I have issues with my computer that when I press windows keys and trying to shut off my computer it spams Sleep mode frantically. I have tried everything including Virus scan and I cant seem to find a issue. submitted by /u/Tenko_7 [link] [comments]...
  3. How do I force Windows to require a long press on my case power button to shutdown

How do I force Windows to require a long press on my case power button to shutdown: Basically I have a brand new case, and I didn't planned that the fact that the power button were on top would be in an issue. Basically my cat loves to lay on top of my PC (I assume because of the warmth), but when she does she presses the button and bye bye whatever I was...
  4. How Do I Turn On My Laptop Without A Power Button?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How Do I Turn On My Laptop Without A Power Button?: Recently I was replacing my HDD with a SDD and I ripped off the top of my laptop to quickly so I could reveal the hardware inside and the connector that connects to the power button ripped off from where the connector receives power (Not The Side You Connect Things In) Im...
  5. When i press the control button (CTRL) my going on sleep mode

When i press the control button (CTRL) my going on sleep mode: When i press the control button (CTRL) my going on sleep mode and i can use (CTRL+C, CTRL+V those are some exemples). If you can help me ? One more problem is if i press g or h it types like that (6h, 5g) If anyone can solve only one problem i'll thanksfull submitted by...
  6. Computer does not power on, needs several button presses

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer does not power on, needs several button presses: My Dell running Windows 10 will not turn back on after shutdown. I press the power button and the keyboard lights come on, but that is all. No logo, no words of any kind. Just blank screen. I have to press the power button, turning off and on the computer, as many as three...
  7. Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never")

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never"): When plugged in, this Toshiba laptop goes into sleep mode at roughly two minutes of idle time. When plugged in, I have the power options set to "Never". This just recently began occurring. Any ideas? 57465
  8. How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?: How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep after inactivity? I have hybrid sleep off. Whenever I try to wake it up, it doesn't respond to any of keys except for the power button. That leads me to thinking it's been shut down, crashed, or is in a deep sleep....
  9. My laptop shuts down when I close the lid or press the power button?

in Windows 10 Support
    My laptop shuts down when I close the lid or press the power button?: This problem only started around last week, but I have also had it in the past. Whenever I shut the lid of my laptop (which I have set for the laptop to to enter sleep mode), it seems to sleep normally (i.e. the fan turns off and the power button blinks to indicate the...
  10. Laptop power button and sleep settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop power button and sleep settings: Hi all, I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put...