Windows 10: How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after...

Discus and support How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want it to wake up immediately upon opening it and not have to press the power button and wait for it to boot up (restores the session, but still).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deranox, Jan 24, 2020.

1. How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after...

I want it to wake up immediately upon opening it and not have to press the power button and wait for it to boot up (restores the session, but still). Sometimes it just wakes up, other times, when more time has past I need to press the power button for it to turn on. Why is this so messy ?

submitted by /u/Deranox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deranox, Jan 24, 2020
  2. Annorax Win User

Laptop power button and sleep settings

Hi all,

I have a Lenovo W510 laptop with Windows 10 Professional. I see in the power settings that I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens. If I manually put the laptop to sleep via the start menu, it sleeps fine.

Am I missing something obvious?

Annorax, Jan 24, 2020
  3. mrgeek Win User
    Laptop power button and sleep settings

"I can configure the power button to put the laptop to sleep when pressed. I have it configured as such but when I press the power button, nothing happens."

Same on my HP. You just tap and release really quick to put to sleep and button will start blinking when sleeping. Can then shut lid and remains in sleep mode and will wake on lid open.

mrgeek, Jan 24, 2020
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after...

Sleep Button recently disappeared from power button.

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why the Sleep button is not available is that it has been disabled from the settings of your PC. For us to assist you, we recommend that you follow the simple steps listed below to enable the Sleep button:

• Press the Start menu.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press Enter.
    • At the upper right side of your window, change the View by option to
      Large icons.
    • Click on Power Options.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side of the window.
    • Press on Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section. Now check the Sleep checkbox and click Save changes button.

After doing these steps kindly check if the Sleep button is now available.

Let us know how it goes and if you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Paolo Mag, Jan 24, 2020
Thema:

How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after...

1. How do I make my laptop never go into deep sleep (needing to press the power button) after... - Similar Threads - laptop never deep

2. How do I switch on my laptop that won't power on when I press the power button it is non...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch on my laptop that won't power on when I press the power button it is non...: My laptop a Mecer Z140C express + won't switch on. This started when I clicked update and shutdown the previous evening and then the next morning it wouldn't switch on. When I plug in the laptop to charge the light on the side is green which shows that it's full but the...
  3. How do I switch on my laptop that won't power on when I press the power button it is non...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I switch on my laptop that won't power on when I press the power button it is non...: My laptop a Mecer Z140C express + won't switch on. This started when I clicked update and shutdown the previous evening and then the next morning it wouldn't switch on. When I plug in the laptop to charge the light on the side is green which shows that it's full but the...
  4. How do I switch on my laptop that won't power on when I press the power button it is non...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button

My laptop doesn't turn on after pressing the power button: this problem started a week before, my laptop doesn't turn on even after pressing the power button, I tried removing the battery and powering it directly through the charger but it didn't work, I guessed it must be some software issue so I contacted Dell service center, they...
  6. When I press the power button the screen turns off but the laptop doesn't go to sleep. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I press the power button the screen turns off but the laptop doesn't go to sleep. How...: When I press the power button on the laptop, the screen turns off but the laptop does not go to sleep and the mute light that comes up when you mute the system comes on...
  7. When I press the power button the screen turns off but the laptop doesn't go to sleep. How...

When I press the power button the screen turns off but the laptop doesn't go to sleep. How...: When I press the power button on the laptop, the screen turns off but the laptop does not go to sleep and the mute light that comes up when you mute the system comes on...
  8. How to make monitor lock without sleeping when I press the power button on the monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make monitor lock without sleeping when I press the power button on the monitor?: I've found some software that locks a laptop when the lid closes, but I haven't found any that locks the monitor when the power button is pressed submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  9. Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode: In control panel, everything is set to sleep. The power button, sleep button or when I close the laptop, it is set to "sleep". Everything works fine but the power button. Fn + F4 buttons is set as the "sleep button" and it works every time I do it, also closing the laptop...
  10. How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep?: How do I prevent my computer from going into a deep sleep after inactivity? I have hybrid sleep off. Whenever I try to wake it up, it doesn't respond to any of keys except for the power button. That leads me to thinking it's been shut down, crashed, or is in a deep sleep....