Windows 10: How do I make my Microsoft Store results go back to being in English?

Discus and support How do I make my Microsoft Store results go back to being in English? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hello, I changed my system locale to Japanese sometime back in order to play certain games on my computer. As such, results in the Microsoft Store have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Thonk33, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Thonk33 Win User

How do I make my Microsoft Store results go back to being in English?

Hello, I changed my system locale to Japanese sometime back in order to play certain games on my computer. As such, results in the Microsoft Store have been in Japanese, as well. It did not bother me much until now, given that I am trying to download Hulu but it will not show up because my computer believes my region is in Japanese. I went into the region setting within my control panel and changed it back to English. I restarted the computer and went to the Microsoft Store and everything is still in Japanese. I would like to know how I can solve this issue.

:)

Thonk33, Jan 23, 2020

2. How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 23, 2020
  3. davidm71 Win User
    Microsoft no english language windows for you!

After visiting the official Microsoft software download service and entering my Win 7 ultimate 64 product key I noticed out of the two dozen languages listed English version was missing! anyone else notice this?

Thanks

davidm71, Jan 23, 2020
  4. sam02 Win User

App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

1. How do I make my Microsoft Store results go back to being in English? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Store results

2. how do i make my words come back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i make my words come back: ok so pretty much i like opened up my computer and i was like ‘where did my words go!’ so i searched something up and there were still no words, and i was thinking about how inconvenient this is, and so i googled what to do and it told me to restart my computer, and then to...
  3. how do i make my words come back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i make my words come back: ok so pretty much i like opened up my computer and i was like ‘where did my words go!’ so i searched something up and there were still no words, and i was thinking about how inconvenient this is, and so i googled what to do and it told me to restart my computer, and then to...
  4. How do I go back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I go back?: So, I was creating a new Microsoft account on my new computer using my email address which didn’t have one. I then realized I typed it wrong when they told me they sent the verifying code to it and I obviously didn’t receive anything since it’s not my account. I tried to go...
  5. How do I go back?

How do I go back?: So, I was creating a new Microsoft account on my new computer using my email address which didn’t have one. I then realized I typed it wrong when they told me they sent the verifying code to it and I obviously didn’t receive anything since it’s not my account. I tried to go...
  6. How can I make Microsoft Store talk English?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I make Microsoft Store talk English?: We are having the year 2022. Almost all enterprises support diversity and hiring people with no local language skills.But asking people, What is your language. Is still not a priority for Microsoft.Users are fighting for at least 25 years to make Microsoft more multi-lingual...
  7. How can I make Microsoft Store talk English?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make Microsoft Store talk English?: We are having the year 2022. Almost all enterprises support diversity and hiring people with no local language skills.But asking people, What is your language. Is still not a priority for Microsoft.Users are fighting for at least 25 years to make Microsoft more multi-lingual...
  8. How can I make Microsoft Store talk English?

9. How do I go back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I go back: How do I go back to my previous installation of Windows? I had to reinstall Windows via USB Drive, because Ubuntu DESTROYED IT. Any way to go back to a previous installation of windows? Oh yeah, don't confuse it with version. If I need to downgrade from the Insider Build to...
  10. How do I go back to 8.1?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I go back to 8.1?: I'm on my wife's Chromebook now. Can't be active on my Windows 10 laptop for more the 15 or 30 minutes before mouse jumps all over, clicks by itself to a point where I can't even restart with disconnecting power. I should have known not to be bleeding edge. My graphics...