Windows 10: How do I make my PIN the default login method

Discus and support How do I make my PIN the default login method in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't have the option to remove the password. I just want my laptop to ask for the pin when it wakes up.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BorisPanov, Apr 27, 2019.

1. How do I make my PIN the default login method

I don't have the option to remove the password. I just want my laptop to ask for the pin when it wakes up.

:)

BorisPanov, Apr 27, 2019

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 27, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    how do I make my pin as a default login.

Hi,

You may follow the steps below to make your PIN the default login to your device:

• Click the Start button, then type Settings.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, and select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click Add. Confirm your password when prompted.
    • Set-up the desired PIN as required.
    Make sure to delete the password if you just want the PIN to be enabled.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Apr 27, 2019
  4. How do I make my PIN the default login method

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I make my PIN the default login method

1. How do I make my PIN the default login method - Similar Threads - PIN default login

2. My speakers are not listed as a sound output device, how do I make it my default sound...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My speakers are not listed as a sound output device, how do I make it my default sound...: This problem all started right after I did this pc reset operation. The funny thing is that after doing this operation it fixed this mail issue problem I had for a very long time but then this current problem is now the issue. When I go to the settings page for sound, I see...
  3. How do I pin facebook to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I pin facebook to my desktop?: Pin facebook to my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-pin-facebook-to-my-desktop/6cf32abe-1057-4d93-b075-73f00d92b5c9
  4. how do i make my self an administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i make my self an administrator: I was messing around on my computer and delete my administrators on computer how do I make one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-self-an-administrator/822c48cd-04ff-4cc3-b76e-356739362a02"
  5. I cannot login with my PIN anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot login with my PIN anymore: I cannot log in with my pin anymore for some reason.. When I try to create new one it recognizes my previous pin, but it doesn't create a new PIN for some reason. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I went through the administrative template and enable pin login and it still doesn't work. I...
  6. How do I make screenshots save as JPG by default?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make screenshots save as JPG by default?: The only reason I want to do this is that it is the only image format that can be tagged. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-screenshots-save-as-jpg-by-default/ec9cd0f7-aac5-4f41-ab9c-223af07e1df8"
  7. How do I make Thunderbird my default email client?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make Thunderbird my default email client?: I can see where one can choose which email client to use as the default in the system settings, but Thunderbird is not listed in the available options. 23340
  8. How do I make Firefox my default browser

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make Firefox my default browser: [img] I've been using Firefox for several years now and have all my folders set up so I have easy access to desired websites. Yesterday I was doing something (not sure what) and when I opened my browser it opened as Bing. I went to Start...Three lines at the...
  9. How do I change the profile or account of the default login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change the profile or account of the default login: When I first turn the PC on it attempts to login through what must be the default account held by Windows 10. That fails because the password doesn't match. So I'm at the login, I've forgotten the password. At the login screen there is a second user icon for which I do know...
  10. How do I make WMP default application for music CDs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make WMP default application for music CDs?: I posted here just over a week ago because I was trying to install WMP on my PC; thanks to you guys I disovered that it was already installed, even though there was no icon on the desktop, start menu or application bar. Anyway, I'm now trying to set it as the default...