Windows 10: How do I make my PIN the default login method

Discus and support How do I make my PIN the default login method in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I don't have the option to remove the password. I just want my laptop to ask for the pin when it wakes up.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BorisPanov, Apr 27, 2019.

1. How do I make my PIN the default login method

I don't have the option to remove the password. I just want my laptop to ask for the pin when it wakes up.

:)

BorisPanov, Apr 27, 2019

2. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 27, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    how do I make my pin as a default login.

Hi,

You may follow the steps below to make your PIN the default login to your device:

• Click the Start button, then type Settings.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click Accounts, and select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, click Add. Confirm your password when prompted.
    • Set-up the desired PIN as required.
    Make sure to delete the password if you just want the PIN to be enabled.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Apr 27, 2019
  4. How do I make my PIN the default login method

Unable to login using The login PIN

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the pin and check fi it helps.

• In the login page next to “PIN password option”.
    • You will find “Other sign in options”, click on it will prompt you for regular password.
    • Enter regular password and login to the computer.
    • I suggest you to click on the Start Menu
      and select settings.
    • Now select Accounts.
    • Next select the tab Sign-in option.
    • Under the “PIN tab” click on “ADD” option.
    • It will prompt you for current pin password and new password, please provide
      new password then apply the changes, restart
      the computer and check if it works.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

How do I make my PIN the default login method

1. How do I make my PIN the default login method - Similar Threads - PIN default login

2. How to make PIN as a default sign-in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to make PIN as a default sign-in options: My Windows 11 has both password and PIN set up, but the login screen always ask for a password as a default sign-in option. I wanted to use the PIN instead, without manually changing the sign-in options every single time. How? Thanks....
  3. How can I set my default login method on Windows 11 to be my pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I set my default login method on Windows 11 to be my pin?: Everytime I log in, it basically rolls dice to see which log in method it wants to ask for. I almost always have my laptop bent backward into a position where my fingerprint reader is not accessible and my password is managed by my employer and requires it to be very long and...
  4. How can I set my default login method on Windows 11 to be my pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I set my default login method on Windows 11 to be my pin?: Everytime I log in, it basically rolls dice to see which log in method it wants to ask for. I almost always have my laptop bent backward into a position where my fingerprint reader is not accessible and my password is managed by my employer and requires it to be very long and...
  5. Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN: When I try to log into my laptop, I've always used my password. After I installed a recent update, sometimes I am asked for my PIN instead. This is absolutely not what I want, and I only added a pin because Office 365 suddenly demanded one. I know my PIN, but my hands...
  6. Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN: When I try to log into my laptop, I've always used my password. After I installed a recent update, sometimes I am asked for my PIN instead. This is absolutely not what I want, and I only added a pin because Office 365 suddenly demanded one. I know my PIN, but my hands...
  7. Set Default Login Method to Password instead of PIN

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. how do i delete my login pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i delete my login pin: when i turn on my computer it asks for a login pin, I set one when I first started the new computer, but I don't need it, how can I eliminate it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-my-login-pin/f598526b-ecda-46fb-b428-507331db1f0b
  9. How do I make Chrome my default browser?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I make Chrome my default browser?: how do I stop MSN automatically loading up when I connect to the Internet, I have to keep closing it and opening chrome, also when start-up my computer doesn't automatically connect to the Internet, I have to keep man,ually connecting it though I've ticked the box...
  10. How do I make Firefox my default browser

in Browsers and Email
    How do I make Firefox my default browser: [img] I've been using Firefox for several years now and have all my folders set up so I have easy access to desired websites. Yesterday I was doing something (not sure what) and when I opened my browser it opened as Bing. I went to Start...Three lines at the...