Windows 10: How do i make my power plan change when plugged or not plugged.

Discus and support How do i make my power plan change when plugged or not plugged. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So in the control panel, I found this power plan section. I usually always charge my computer as I use it so I choose the high-performance plan, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by I23345686, Oct 9, 2019.

1. I23345686 Win User

How do i make my power plan change when plugged or not plugged.

So in the control panel, I found this power plan section. I usually always charge my computer as I use it so I choose the high-performance plan, but it uses more energy so when I don't charge my computer and use it I want it to change to hp recommended power plan that doesn't use as much energy as the high-performance plan. Is there a way to make the computer go into high performance automatically when I'm charging my computer and make the computer change into hp recommended power plan when I'm not charging it?

:)

I23345686, Oct 9, 2019
  2. DianeGill Win User

about plug-in or plug-out with AC adapter

I have done all of the above and when I plug my computer in with a fully charged battery the screen still goes black - I am on Windows 10 and my computer is 3 days old - HP Pavillion Laptop - I know there has got to be an easy answer for this Problem - Like
    a setting somewhere, but I am used to using my computer plugged in at all times and I think that it is stupid that I have to take out the battery to do this??? Any more suggestions??? :-(

DianeGill, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Plugging in power cord turns off screen in Windows 10. Please Help!

You can control the brightness separately for "battery" versus "plugged in". And it sounds like the "while plugged in" brightness is set to 0%.

Here's what I'd do:

• Type "Power Options" in your Search box
    • Next to your current power plan, click the blue "change plan settings" link
    • Under the "plugged in" side, drag the slider up to increase the brightness for while the cord is plugged in.
    • Be sure to click Save Changes when done

After that, try plugging it in again.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 9, 2019
  4. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

1. How do i make my power plan change when plugged or not plugged. - Similar Threads - power plan change

2. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  3. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in: Hie . My laptop carshes every 5-10min when ever i am working on it. First is checked with The power is plugged in and the battery also it crashed. Then i removed the battery and connected directly to power plugged in it crashes again. Can anyone help me figure out what is the...
  4. Laptop crashed when plugged in on power with no battery plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop crashes when I plug in the power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when I plug in the power: Hello! Sometimes when i plug in the power after some time on battery, it gives me a bluescreen and i have to restart. What causes it and how i can resolve it.Here are the files needed for review: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgE_1SmcZjYKjAJitnvgom_Xdyv4?e=Q0CGMa...
  6. Laptop crashes when I plug in the power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashes when I plug in the power: Hello! Sometimes when i plug in the power after some time on battery, it gives me a bluescreen and i have to restart. What causes it and how i can resolve it.Here are the files needed for review: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgE_1SmcZjYKjAJitnvgom_Xdyv4?e=Q0CGMa...
  7. Laptop crashes when I plug in the power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My laptop uses more power when it's plugged in. How to change this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop uses more power when it's plugged in. How to change this?: Hi, I currently have a problem. I have noticed that my laptop uses more power when it's plugged in, because the fan always becomes louder and when I'm on battery, it's much more silent. I'm sure this is due to some configuration on Windows, because I also have Linux on my...
  9. How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to change the Power button action […] This article How to change Power button action when on battery or plugged in first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Power Plan: how to change brightness on battery / plugged in?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Power Plan: how to change brightness on battery / plugged in?: The latest (about a week ago?) windows 10 update seems to have removed some features from the Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options page and the pages underneath it. Specifically, under Change Plan Settings it seems they removed the ability to set a different...