Windows 10: how do i make my second monitor a second desktop

Discus and support how do i make my second monitor a second desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i have a second monitor that i want to be in an other desktop than the first monitor. is there a way to do this? submitted by /u/Darren_wl03 [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darren_wl03, Mar 8, 2020.

1. how do i make my second monitor a second desktop

i have a second monitor that i want to be in an other desktop than the first monitor. is there a way to do this?

submitted by /u/Darren_wl03
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Darren_wl03, Mar 8, 2020

2. second monitor

Hi Pauline,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press
      Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by
    breadbox88 in this
    thread
    and check if it will help you with the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Efraim Gar, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Second Monitor

Hi David,

Some of the advantages of having multiple screens (dual monitor) are it increases your productivity or it allows you to do multitasking. When awaking your PC after putting it to sleep, it will be directed at the sign in page. Normally,
    the second monitor will just reflect black screen and the main monitor will reflect the sign in page. After signing in, your second monitor will automatically open if it is turned on.

If the second monitor doesn’t turn on, we recommend that you run the
    Power troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click the Start button, then type Control Panel and then press Enter.
    • Change the View by option on the top-right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, and click on the View all option on the left pane.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, kindly refer to the resolution provided by breadbox88 in this thread and
    check if it will help you with the issue.

Update us with the outcome.

Efraim Gar, Mar 8, 2020
  4. how do i make my second monitor a second desktop

Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

how do i make my second monitor a second desktop

1. how do i make my second monitor a second desktop - Similar Threads - second monitor second

2. Second monitor not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor not working on desktop: I've been using dual monitors for a year now. A week ago, my motherboard was changed due to a malfunction. When the PC comes home, there is no image on my side screen even though I have made all the connections. Things I've tried: - I connected the monitor to a laptop....
  3. Second monitor not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor not working on desktop: I've been using dual monitors for a year now. A week ago, my motherboard was changed due to a malfunction. When the PC comes home, there is no image on my side screen even though I have made all the connections. Things I've tried: - I connected the monitor to a laptop....
  4. Second monitor not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 - How do I extend to a second monitor and then share the second screen on a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - How do I extend to a second monitor and then share the second screen on a...: I have a laptop with windows 11. I am trying to extend my screen onto a second monitor and duplicate that monitor to a projection screen 3 screens essentially. I have an HDMI converter to Serial port and a serial splitter to go between the second monitor and the projector....
  6. Connecting second monitor to my desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting second monitor to my desktop: I'm having trouble connecting a second monitor too my desktop I only have 1 HDMI port and 1 VGA port and I tried using a VGA and HDMI adapter but I only got a black screen on my second monitor. I could see that it at least recognized something was going on but it was very...
  7. How to make Ubuntu 18.04 as a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make Ubuntu 18.04 as a second monitor?: So I have an old laptop that has Ubuntu 18.04 as it’s OS. I want it to be the second monitor for my Windows 10 PC. How do I make this happen?? submitted by /u/Marcapwier64 [link] [comments]...
  8. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  9. Fit desktop to second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fit desktop to second monitor: Just hooked up second monitor. How do I fit to screen? I changed resolution, but didn't do what I'm looking for. Icons and task bar are cut off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fit-desktop-to-second-monitor/5533d824-c003-4b31-9e9f-a7e17b9229dc
  10. how to make my second monitor full screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to make my second monitor full screen: I recently had a extra monitor set up one is perfect full screen no matter what I open but the second is not full screen ive tired everything and can get it to go to full screen it has black space on the left and right side about 3"...