Windows 10: How do I make my ssd have windows on it instead of my hdd.

Discus and support How do I make my ssd have windows on it instead of my hdd. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Asus VivoBook laptop and windows is installed on my hdd. I wanted it to be on my ssd instead so I cloned my hdd. After I cloned my hdd the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CaptainKapur, Feb 23, 2021.

1. How do I make my ssd have windows on it instead of my hdd.

I have an Asus VivoBook laptop and windows is installed on my hdd. I wanted it to be on my ssd instead so I cloned my hdd. After I cloned my hdd the windows files were on the ssd but they weren't being used. It still showed that windows was running on my hdd. How do I fix this.

:)

CaptainKapur, Feb 23, 2021

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

NipunSingla, Feb 23, 2021
  3. SSD and HDD

I have a SSD and an internal HDD. I want my docs , scans, pitctures to automatically save to my HDD instead of dragging it later. Or rather I should have the choice of saving it to my SSD or HDD

Leslie1956, Feb 23, 2021
  4. How do I make my ssd have windows on it instead of my hdd.

OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Igor Leyko, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

How do I make my ssd have windows on it instead of my hdd.

1. How do I make my ssd have windows on it instead of my hdd. - Similar Threads - ssd instead hdd

2. My PC keeps prioritizing HDD instead of SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC keeps prioritizing HDD instead of SSD.: Hello,Few months ago my reading and writing speed was running fine on big games I was using on Steam. When suddenly loading times and games crashed because of my HDD. I later found out that causing the problems was because of my SSD wasnt doing its job. I checked my folders...
  3. My PC keeps prioritizing HDD instead of SSD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC keeps prioritizing HDD instead of SSD.: Hello,Few months ago my reading and writing speed was running fine on big games I was using on Steam. When suddenly loading times and games crashed because of my HDD. I later found out that causing the problems was because of my SSD wasnt doing its job. I checked my folders...
  4. My PC keeps prioritizing HDD instead of SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can i make my hdd and ssd work at the same time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i make my hdd and ssd work at the same time?: I recently just bought an ssd to upgrade my pc and add it with my already existing hard drive. I installed windows on it, run it and all, but i have come to realize that my hdd wasn’t detected so i decided to take the ssd off to figure out where the problem is from, but my pc...
  6. How to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Reinstall Windows 10 on my PC's SSD instead of the HDD: PC: Dell OptiPlex 5050 Windows Version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.631) Hello, I purchased a used PC. It only came with a 500 GB HDD , so I installed and initialized a 500 GB Samsung SSD. For security reasons, I would now like to do a complete wipe of the PC and reinstall Windows...
  7. How do i transfer files from my HDD to my SSD?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do i transfer files from my HDD to my SSD?: I bought a ssd and I need to know how i can transfer all my files from that hard drive to the ssd. I deleted enough apps to make sure my HDD has enough space to transfer all the downloads and files, etc, to my SSD. I also want to make it so windows boots off my SSD instead of...
  8. Why is it saving to my ssd instead of my hdd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is it saving to my ssd instead of my hdd: Whenever I save something on my pc, it saves to my ssd but I checked off that I want it to save to my hardrive in settings but whenever it saves to somewhere without asking, it saves to my ssd. please help me....
  9. I have Windows 10 on my HDD and I want it on my SSD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have Windows 10 on my HDD and I want it on my SSD.: A few years ago I bought Windows 10 on a disk and installed it onto my HDD. Now I have an SSD and want the better load times that come with having the OS on the SSD. I still have the original packaging and disk, along with the activation key. Would there be any way to...
  10. Windows installed on my HDD instead of my SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installed on my HDD instead of my SSD?: Just downloaded Windows 10 and noticed both my "windows" folder and "old windows" folder are located in my HDD. How can I transfer windows 10 to my SSD? Windows 8 was originally on my SSD, I don't understand why it installed on my HDD. I'm not really a tech wiz but...