Windows 10: How do I make my ssd have windows on it instead of my hdd.

Discus and support How do I make my ssd have windows on it instead of my hdd. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Asus VivoBook laptop and windows is installed on my hdd. I wanted it to be on my ssd instead so I cloned my hdd. After I cloned my hdd the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CaptainKapur, Feb 23, 2021 at 10:12 AM.

1. How do I make my ssd have windows on it instead of my hdd.

I have an Asus VivoBook laptop and windows is installed on my hdd. I wanted it to be on my ssd instead so I cloned my hdd. After I cloned my hdd the windows files were on the ssd but they weren't being used. It still showed that windows was running on my hdd. How do I fix this.

:)

2. Upgraded Windows Transfer from HDD to SSD

Hi

My windows was upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop few years back. I was trying to get the HDD replaced with SSD. During the copy process, the technician said windows cannot be moved to SSD as it is an upgraded version from 8 to 10.

Kindly guide if there is a possibility to copy the windows to SSD ? If so, please suggest the steps.

3. SSD and HDD

I have a SSD and an internal HDD. I want my docs , scans, pitctures to automatically save to my HDD instead of dragging it later. Or rather I should have the choice of saving it to my SSD or HDD

4. How do I make my ssd have windows on it instead of my hdd.

OS on new SSD, keep existing data on HDD and use as external drive

Hi,

use steps you suggested, there should be no problem.

Just replace HDD with SSD first then run installation. Do not forget to remove Windows files from HDD after the end of a process.

Thema:

How do I make my ssd have windows on it instead of my hdd.

1. How do I make my ssd have windows on it instead of my hdd. - Similar Threads - ssd instead hdd

2. my usb ssd is recognized as a hdd in windows. how do i fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my usb ssd is recognized as a hdd in windows. how do i fix it?: So, i have a usb ssd which windows recognizes as a hdd. I have tried winsat format, winsat diskformal and winsat disk -drive L, which is the extent of the other solutions i have found. none worked. OS build: 18363.1379 submitted by /u/AdvertisingExact [link] [comments]...
  3. I have cloned my SSD to my HDD but now I can’t connect my HDD, help?

I have cloned my SSD to my HDD but now I can’t connect my HDD, help?: So I connect my Crucial MX500 and used acronis to clone. Then I turned off my computer, disconnected the Hard drive and turned it back on. My computer now runs on my new SSD, great, that was my initial goal. I tried reconnecting the HDD to use it as extra storage but Windows...
  4. I cloned my data to an SSD from my HDD, how do I go about switching Windows from HDD to SSD.

I cloned my data to an SSD from my HDD, how do I go about switching Windows from HDD to SSD.: I installed a M.2 SATA SSD [Western Digital Blue 250GB], on my laptop. Then I reformated my laptop and used Macrium Reflect to clone it to my SSD. In which I think the process was succesful. However the windows doesn't switch to SSD, which makes me unable to reformat my HDD....
  5. Why is it saving to my ssd instead of my hdd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is it saving to my ssd instead of my hdd: Whenever I save something on my pc, it saves to my ssd but I checked off that I want it to save to my hardrive in settings but whenever it saves to somewhere without asking, it saves to my ssd. please help me....
  6. Reactiving Windows on SSD instead of HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reactiving Windows on SSD instead of HDD: Hi everyone, I migrated to Windows 10 from 8.1 during Windows Insider Program's first days and kept getting updates from Update section till now. Recently I found my PC not working fast enough and I decided to buy a new SSD hard drive and reinstall my Windows on it. In the...
  7. How do I move office from my SSD to my HDD? It won't download to my HDD despite my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move office from my SSD to my HDD? It won't download to my HDD despite my...: Why won't Office 365 download to my hdd (D drive) when my setting show all apps to download to that drive? In my computer my C drive is the SSD and my D drive is the HDD. I changed the settings under "storage" in my computer so that all apps would download to my HDD,...
  8. I have Windows 10 on my HDD and I want it on my SSD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have Windows 10 on my HDD and I want it on my SSD.: A few years ago I bought Windows 10 on a disk and installed it onto my HDD. Now I have an SSD and want the better load times that come with having the OS on the SSD. I still have the original packaging and disk, along with the activation key. Would there be any way to...
  9. how do I make my network secure instead of open?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do I make my network secure instead of open?: how do I make my network secure instead of open? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/how-do-i-make-my-network-secure-instead-of-open/be44c6d3-8c62-4792-a675-ee9be75477f4
  10. Windows installed on my HDD instead of my SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows installed on my HDD instead of my SSD?: Just downloaded Windows 10 and noticed both my "windows" folder and "old windows" folder are located in my HDD. How can I transfer windows 10 to my SSD? Windows 8 was originally on my SSD, I don't understand why it installed on my HDD. I'm not really a tech wiz but...