Windows 10: How do i make my task bar small in Windows 11

Discus and support How do i make my task bar small in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do i make my task bar small in Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NaveenBoga, Sep 6, 2021.

1. How do i make my task bar small in Windows 11

How do i make my task bar small in Windows 11

:)

NaveenBoga, Sep 6, 2021

2. Small Icons on task bar

Hi Kathryn,

Follow the below to increase the size of icons in Task bar and check if it helps.

• Right click on Taskbar in the bottom of the
      Desktop window.
    • Click on Properties/ Settings, uncheck the option
      Use small taskbar buttons.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post for further assistance on accessing the taskbar icons for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2021
  3. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 6, 2021
  4. New to 10 Win User

Task bar icons are too small

Thank you very much, Jon for this background--confirming that Windows 10 lacks a feature that was present in Windows 7 to substantially enlarge the icons in the Task Bar.

Of course, the current alternative to the "small" setting cannot seriously be described as "large". The current choice would more accurately be termed as between "minuscule" and "very small."

It is distressing that the only alternative suggested so far is to pay the Moscow, Russia based Startisback.com, and then only for a maximum 20 percent increase in size (not enough for those with impaired eyesight or a small screen).

Over the many versions of Windows, each Windows version brought important improvements, but also annoyingly omitted valuable features of previous versions and without any obvious lack of technical capacity to keep the feature. I was naively hoping that
    Windows 10 would not repeat this pattern.

When the community of people with disabilities is hurt (as in this case), the omission is especially hard to justify. Is Microsoft planning to correct the current omission
    to substantially enlarge the icons in the Task Bar? And if not, why not?

New to 10, Sep 6, 2021
Thema:

1. How do i make my task bar small in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - task bar small

2. How do I move my Task bar to the top in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I move my Task bar to the top in Windows 11?: I am pretty tall and ergonomics wise for my neck and back, it is better for the Task Bar to be at the top for me and not the bottom. This is a work computer and 3rd party sites for downloads ARE NOT options at my company for security reasons....
  3. How do I move my Task bar to the top in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I move my Task bar to the top in Windows 11?: I am pretty tall and ergonomics wise for my neck and back, it is better for the Task Bar to be at the top for me and not the bottom. This is a work computer and 3rd party sites for downloads ARE NOT options at my company for security reasons....
  4. how do u make the taskbar small on windows 11. could make it small on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do u make the taskbar small on windows 11. could make it small on windows 10: my taskbar is to high i want it small again like in windows 10. i got upgraded to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-u-make-the-taskbar-small-on-windows-11/26c09c64-fdf5-4461-8960-05b32cabb42c
  5. how do u make the taskbar small on windows 11. could make it small on windows 10

how do u make the taskbar small on windows 11. could make it small on windows 10: my taskbar is to high i want it small again like in windows 10. i got upgraded to windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-u-make-the-taskbar-small-on-windows-11/26c09c64-fdf5-4461-8960-05b32cabb42c
  6. How to make the task bar larger?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make the task bar larger?: My vision is bad. Would like to make the task bar larger. TIA for your help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-the-task-bar-larger/5f901be8-6d71-4216-8884-fda55d71860c
  7. How do I Ungroup Task Bar Buttons in Windows 11

How do I Ungroup Task Bar Buttons in Windows 11: Hi, This is driving me mad. Windows 11 Groups Taskbar items and it is killing me, rather than being able to click on the, e.g. browser tab that I want, I now have to hover over Edge and scan all open browsers - it wastes soooo much time.How can I ungroup Icons like I did with...
  8. Date in small task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Date in small task bar: Hello, Was not able to find answer in this subreddit, but what i'm trying to do is to add a date like number and day name (maybe year) to a taskbar with small icons settings checked. I know that it's possible to do if you use vertical task bar, but i don't like that way....
  9. how do I make the battery icon appear/reappear on my task bar??

how do I make the battery icon appear/reappear on my task bar??: how do I make the battery icon appear/reappear on my task bar???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-the-battery-icon-appearreappear-on/ce761551-3a74-4cef-9169-08431adeb10b
  10. How do I make the size of the icons in the task bar larger?

How do I make the size of the icons in the task bar larger?: First of all, why is there a click-on in the display section on the computer to make the icons smaller, but when one goes to find out how to make them larger one gets directed to an article on the subject, as if I want to read an article on how to make icons larger. I simply...