Windows 10: How do I make my taskbar only appear when I roll over it with my mouse?

Discus and support How do I make my taskbar only appear when I roll over it with my mouse? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm very, very, inexperienced with Windows 10, having only used it on my school laptop. Anyone know how to change the settings of my taskbar so that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheQueenMango, Apr 29, 2020.

1. How do I make my taskbar only appear when I roll over it with my mouse?

I'm very, very, inexperienced with Windows 10, having only used it on my school laptop. Anyone know how to change the settings of my taskbar so that it is not visible on the screen unless I move my mouse over the bottom of the screen-where my taskbar is? I thought I would be able to do so via the taskbar settings but nothing is working. I turned on "hide task bar during tablet mode and desktop mode" and nothing is working. This is a noob question, I know, but I need help.

submitted by /u/TheQueenMango
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheQueenMango, Apr 29, 2020

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, May 23, 2020
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, May 23, 2020
  4. How do I make my taskbar only appear when I roll over it with my mouse?

Taskbar above windowed games - Windows 10

Hello,

I realize your concern, please an answer few query to assist you further.

1. Is this issue specific to a particular game or for all games?

For your information, usually the taskbar appears when you move the cursor. If it is appearing continuously, then it might be conflict with the software. Restarting the Computer might fix the issue.

I suggest you to double mouse click on the game window when the Taskbar appears and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to select the Lock the taskbar option from the taskbar from the below steps:

1. Right click on taskbar.
    2. From the list of option, click on Lock the taskbar option.
    3. Restart the computer.

Do let us know the update.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, May 23, 2020
Thema:

How do I make my taskbar only appear when I roll over it with my mouse?

1. How do I make my taskbar only appear when I roll over it with my mouse? - Similar Threads - taskbar appear roll

2. Taskbar appears when i hover over the bottom of my screen and i would like to disable it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar appears when i hover over the bottom of my screen and i would like to disable it: Taskbar appears when i hover over the bottom of my screen and i would like to disable it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-appears-when-i-hover-over-the-bottom-of-my/1435c25b-6e79-4fb7-84ea-6abdcb766423
  3. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  4. taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it

taskbar not showing when i hover my mouse over it: i cant access the taskbar when i hover the mouse over it if the windows is maximized once i minimise all the open applications i can access the taskbar as i hover the mouse over itit seems that the taskbar deos show on mouse hover but for some reason it is not able to overlap...
  5. My custom mouse cursor only appears when I hover over a text box

in Windows 10 Customization
    My custom mouse cursor only appears when I hover over a text box: So I recently got a custom mouse cursor and I realized that it only appeared when the mouse was hovering over a text box and when it was hovering over my desktop for example it would revert back to the default cursor. Is there a way I can make it so it will always appear as...
  6. How do I make my mouse speed consistent

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make my mouse speed consistent: When I move my mouse a quarter of the way across my mousepad fast, it can go all the way across the screen, but I have to move it the full length of the mousepad slowly for it to get across the screen. Is there anyway to change it. submitted by /u/xXnitefortXx [link]...
  7. How do I make my only account admin?

How do I make my only account admin?: I have been trying to find ways to reset or restore my Lenovo Windows 10 PC, and in that process I may have accidentally made my own account non-admin. Because of that, the only account registered can't do anything an admin can, without a way to make another account, or at...
  8. How do I make my taskbar transparent only using Windows 10?

How do I make my taskbar transparent only using Windows 10?: I once had my taskbar transparent on my laptop by an unknown reason, and I really liked the look. I am wondering if there is a way to make my taskbar transparent or tweak some settings to make the transparent effect stronger within the Windows 10 system? I am willing to...
  9. How do I stop the data link appearing when I move my mouse over an item?

How do I stop the data link appearing when I move my mouse over an item?: I need to stop the appearance of the data link when I move my mouse over something. I cannot see anything else on my screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-data-link-appearing-when-i-move/9ac9a0f2-4b61-4221-b5d3-88a0a5bfbc97
  10. How do i make Windows wake from Sleep from only my mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i make Windows wake from Sleep from only my mouse: I have set it in my BIOS for the event of waking to be OS controlled, i then went into my keyboard/mouse settings in windows and chose the option for only my mouse, allow to wake using this device, yet it still does nothing 89086

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make taskbar only appear on hover