Windows 10: How do I make my touchpad not freeze when gaming

Discus and support How do I make my touchpad not freeze when gaming in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to use my touchpad to play fast paced games, but anytime I press any key on the keyboard it will freeze up and I can't move it, I've managed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MainTronPower, Nov 4, 2019.

1. How do I make my touchpad not freeze when gaming

I'm trying to use my touchpad to play fast paced games, but anytime I press any key on the keyboard it will freeze up and I can't move it, I've managed to make it enable immediately after by changing the delay, but I can't disable it entirely, I can't find palmcheck, and smart sense settings didn't do anything

:)

MainTronPower, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Marby Rey Win User
    Marby Rey, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Loraine Mon, Nov 4, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

How do I make my touchpad not freeze when gaming

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

How do I make my touchpad not freeze when gaming

1. How do I make my touchpad not freeze when gaming - Similar Threads - touchpad freeze gaming

2. how do i deactivate my touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i deactivate my touchpad: While I'm typing I accidentally touch the touchpad, which moves the cursor somewhere else. How do i de-activate the touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-deactivate-my-touchpad/ebc6d4ba-48d0-4fa3-b482-fad20f1c1f1c
  3. How do I stop game from freezing when making it full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop game from freezing when making it full screen?: Hope this is the right forum -- apologies in advance if not!I have a Win 4, which is a handheld gaming PC that runs Windows 11. I've been trying to get it to run the "Tomb Raider: Chronicles" game via Steam and, when the game launches, it's in a very small window in the upper...
  4. How do I stop game from freezing when making it full screen?

How do I stop game from freezing when making it full screen?: Hope this is the right forum -- apologies in advance if not!I have a Win 4, which is a handheld gaming PC that runs Windows 11. I've been trying to get it to run the "Tomb Raider: Chronicles" game via Steam and, when the game launches, it's in a very small window in the upper...
  5. how do i disable my touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do i disable my touchpad: I don't have the option for touchpad on settings -> devices -> to disable my touchpad on my laptop. it's causing me difficulties because i need to use a mouse and can't use touchpad due to hand injury...
  6. how do i fix my game from freezing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i fix my game from freezing?: everytime i try to start up certain games like satisfactory or state of decay 2 it starts to freeze but if i press the windows key it will run normally behind the windows screen but as soon as i click off of the windows screen it starts to freeze again. can anyone help me?...
  7. how do i fix my game from freezing?

how do i fix my game from freezing?: everytime i try to start up certain games like satisfactory or state of decay 2 it starts to freeze but if i press the windows key it will run normally behind the windows screen but as soon as i click off of the windows screen it starts to freeze again. can anyone help me?...
  8. TouchPad Freezes when Not In Use

TouchPad Freezes when Not In Use: The touch Pad pointer freezes when I don't use the touch pad for a while , and again continues normally after 2 to 3 rubs on touch pad, Any idea why ? And how could I solve it ? Note:- The PC is in clean install just reset due to some problems. Using Synaptics Touch Pad...
  9. How do I stop my touchpad from stopping when clicking/playing a game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop my touchpad from stopping when clicking/playing a game?: My touchpad stops whenever I click and no I don’t have synaptics. Just A Lenovo Pc. Could anyone help? submitted by /u/Xenovia-Ranger [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb293y/how_do_i_stop_my_touchpad_from_stopping_when/
  10. how do I restore my touchpad?

how do I restore my touchpad?: my touchpad is not functioning. and save going to the shops to purchase a usb mouse, I'm stuck. how do I restore or reset my touchpad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-my-touchpad/94f36a66-06eb-465d-8534-a367d3dfc134