Windows 10: How do I make my USB flash drive turn back to normal?

Discus and support How do I make my USB flash drive turn back to normal? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I am going to be building a new pc for a friend in a few days, so I went ahead and installed the Windows 10 installation media tool onto my flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/obliviouX56, Feb 21, 2021.

1. How do I make my USB flash drive turn back to normal?

So I am going to be building a new pc for a friend in a few days, so I went ahead and installed the Windows 10 installation media tool onto my flash drive. It looks like the download changed the formatting of my whole drive (changed the name of the drive to “ESD-USB” and it also changed the icon picture). After the pc is finished, I want to be able to use my flash drive normally again. How do I go about wiping the installation media off of the USB drive and make it back to normal?

Thanks for any help!

submitted by /u/obliviouX56
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/obliviouX56, Feb 21, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

install.wim is 7GB, how to make a bootable USB flash drive

This is a method to make a ntfs flash drive.

The trial and error step will be booting using Legacy BIOS...

Code:
    This is the link:
    Guide: How to Format USB Flash Drive Using Cmd - EaseUS

The link did not use active so that is why it is a trial and error step.

zbook, Feb 21, 2021
  3. USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Feb 21, 2021
  4. How do I make my USB flash drive turn back to normal?

Making a Flashed USB into a normal USB

How to make a pen drive where the USB flash drive of Windows is there (i.e a flashed Pendrive) to a normal Pendrive?

IshaanSaha, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

How do I make my USB flash drive turn back to normal?

1. How do I make my USB flash drive turn back to normal? - Similar Threads - USB flash drive

2. How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?: Hi. I have a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 256 GB flash drive using USB 3.0 and I've tried all of the methods trying to fix it.Every time I connect it to my laptop it disconnects every 30 seconds or less and it freezes certain things. Here are the methods that I used:1. I used the...
  3. How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?: Hi. I have a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 256 GB flash drive using USB 3.0 and I've tried all of the methods trying to fix it.Every time I connect it to my laptop it disconnects every 30 seconds or less and it freezes certain things. Here are the methods that I used:1. I used the...
  4. Back up to USB Flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up to USB Flash drive: When backing up my laptop I use the Windows 7 back up procedure in control panel to create a system image to a usb hard drive. I recently advised my mate that he should do the same with his laptop so he purchased a 256gb USB flash drive. When we attempt to do the back up of...
  5. Making a Flashed USB into a normal USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Making a Flashed USB into a normal USB: How to make a pen drive where the USB flash drive of Windows is there i.e a flashed Pendrive to a normal Pendrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/making-a-flashed-usb-into-a-normal-usb/a3623ef1-6634-4fa9-b715-00c5de1576b5
  6. how do i make my screen back to normal size

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i make my screen back to normal size: how do I make my screen back to normal size on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-screen-back-to-normal-size/a2dc9d47-7a0a-4e3e-8853-f4d7ab5a2792
  7. How do I turn a storage pool back into a normal harddrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I turn a storage pool back into a normal harddrive?: A while age I converted my Toshiba Harddrive into a storage pool so I could fit more storage onto my Windows 10 laptop. I no longer need it to be a storage pool anymore and want to convert it back to its original state so it can work like a normal harddrive again. I tried...
  8. How do I turn a storage pool back into a normal harddrive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I turn a storage pool back into a normal harddrive?: A while age I converted my Toshiba Harddrive into a storage pool so I could fit more storage onto my Windows 10 laptop. I no longer need it to be a storage pool anymore and want to convert it back to its original state so it can work like a normal harddrive again. I tried...
  9. How do you reset a USB flash drive back to factory settings?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you reset a USB flash drive back to factory settings?: Hi All, Ive a couple of USB flash drives that I'd like to wipe clean and factory set them back to the way they were when I bought them. What is the correct way to do it with Diskpart? I know you can format the drive but I want to set everything up..partitions etc back to the...
  10. Make USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make USB Flash Drive: I was going to make a USB Flash Drive to install windows 10 as described in tutorial by Brink. But I find that ISO has been removed?? Can I still make Flash Drive / How?: 8461