Windows 10: How do I make my user account an administrator account? help.

Discus and support How do I make my user account an administrator account? help. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I was trying to take all the accounts of my pc I accidentally change my account type to user and I don't know how to make it back to an admin... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeshayMartin, Nov 10, 2019.

1. How do I make my user account an administrator account? help.

When I was trying to take all the accounts of my pc I accidentally change my account type to user and I don't know how to make it back to an admin account again this is my only account I'm just stuck like this; Every time I try to change it back it says to enter admin password and username or something and the enter button is not there pls help

:)

DeshayMartin, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How do I make my user account an administrator account? help. :(

Zakin, Nov 10, 2019
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 10, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

How do I make my user account an administrator account? help.

95Viper, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

How do I make my user account an administrator account? help.

1. How do I make my user account an administrator account? help. - Similar Threads - user account administrator

2. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  3. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  4. How to make an account an administrator.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make an account an administrator.: I just created a new microsoft account and removed the old account from the administrator position by using Win+r and typing "netplwiz" but now i am unable to turn the new account into an administrator by most of the solutions.Please help me solve this problem....
  5. How do I make my standard account to administrator account with no admin account on my PC?

How do I make my standard account to administrator account with no admin account on my PC?: Hey there, it's been like 7 months since I built this computer, completely fine, just Windows 10 is giving a hard time. A month ago, a problem occurred. The problem is that my account changed to a standard account, even though it was an admin account, and now I can't download...
  6. How can I make my account the administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make my account the administrator?: I recently posted here about the Lockdown Browser screwing with my computer and I logged out of my account to find out that when I launched the lockdown browser it created an administrator account and kicked my main account off of administrator. Idk how this happened but is...
  7. Make my account administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Make my account administrator: Hello, I want to make administrator the windows account that I use. Right now there are 2 accounts in the system: mine and an account named "Administrator" that I created by mistake. When I go to Control Panel\User Accounts\Manage Accounts, it shows my account as...
  8. How to change the user account to the administrator account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change the user account to the administrator account?: I want to change the user account to the administrator account because I lost the password to the old administrator account. Is it possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-the-user-account-to-the/c2c96a22-4676-4557-b1ce-920070c4442c"
  9. How do I make my User Account as the sole administrator

How do I make my User Account as the sole administrator: My system won't let me install anything, even running as administrator. My account has administrator rights but my system won't let me install anything......
  10. User and Administrator accounts help...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User and Administrator accounts help...: Hello... Just joined the forum to get some help on windows 10 user accounts... OK... Here I go, See if I can relay what I'm fighting... I upgraded to windows 10 made one account because this is my home personal computer... I don't need a password... I just like to start...