Windows 10: How do I make my User Account as the sole administrator

Discus and support How do I make my User Account as the sole administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My system won't let me install anything, even running as administrator. My account has administrator rights but my system won't let me install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Stephen Rules, Oct 16, 2018.

1. How do I make my User Account as the sole administrator

My system won't let me install anything, even running as administrator. My account has administrator rights but my system won't let me install anything...

:)

Stephen Rules, Oct 16, 2018
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 16, 2018
  3. How do i get my user account to administrator account

Hi,

To make the account an administrator account, we recommend the steps below:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Select Account, then click Family & other people (or
      Other people, if you're using Windows 10 Enterprise).
    • Then, select Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator, then hit
      OK.
    Restart your machine and sign in with the new administrator account.

If the the issue still persists, we suggest to create a local user then do
    the steps above again.

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Oct 16, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

How do I make my User Account as the sole administrator

No permission on Administrator user account

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

You can Enable the built in Administrator account in Windows 10, then create an Administrator account.

I suggest you to refer the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows+ X, select
      Command Prompt
      , and then click Run as Administrator.

• When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.

• At the command prompt, type net user administrator /active: yes, and then press Enter.

• Type net user administrator
      <Password>
      , and then press Enter.

Note In this command, <Password> represents the actual password that you want to set for the administrator account.

• Type exit, and then press Enter.

• Log off the current user account. And login and check the are you able to open the files

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

How do I make my User Account as the sole administrator

1. How do I make my User Account as the sole administrator - Similar Threads - User Account sole

2. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  3. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  4. How do i make my self the sole administrator of my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i make my self the sole administrator of my pc: Im trying to run a disk check and windows keeps saying im not the administrator.My profile is the only one on the account so im very confused....
  5. How do i make my self the sole administrator of my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i make my self the sole administrator of my pc: Im trying to run a disk check and windows keeps saying im not the administrator.My profile is the only one on the account so im very confused....
  6. How do i make my self the sole administrator of my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How can I make my account the administrator?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I make my account the administrator?: I recently posted here about the Lockdown Browser screwing with my computer and I logged out of my account to find out that when I launched the lockdown browser it created an administrator account and kicked my main account off of administrator. Idk how this happened but is...
  8. I am the sole user and administrator. How to get rid of this nuance?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am the sole user and administrator. How to get rid of this nuance?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/blek_blek [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/frs8sn/i_am_the_sole_user_and_administrator_how_to_get/
  9. How do I make my user account an administrator account? help.

How do I make my user account an administrator account? help.: When I was trying to take all the accounts of my pc I accidentally change my account type to user and I don't know how to make it back to an admin account again this is my only account I'm just stuck like this; Every time I try to change it back it says to enter admin...
  10. Deleted administrator privileges on my sole account

Deleted administrator privileges on my sole account: Hello windows community. I have just migrated to windows, and I'm having a very frustrating problem that I am sure has a simple solution. Alas, I am confounded right now. In account settings, I disabled my administrator privileges. I only have ONE account, and it is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make user sole administrator