Windows 10: How do I make myself the administrator

Discus and support How do I make myself the administrator in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I need to run m a script that automatically open the command prompt but does not run as it tells me that I need to contact the administrator. I am the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mich 341, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Mich 341 Win User

How do I make myself the administrator

I need to run m a script that automatically open the command prompt but does not run as it tells me that I need to contact the administrator. I am the only user and it is my personal laptop. How to I make myself the administrator so that this script will run? The script is from Mircrosoft.

:)

Mich 341, Jul 30, 2020

2. how do i make myself the administrator

can somebody please tell me how I make myself the administrator so I can delete a folder

garryclark1965, Jul 30, 2020
  3. How do I make myself the administrator on MY computer?

During an update, you added a sign in page to enter my computer (that I did not want and had decided not to add to my computer), and along with the sign in page, there is now an administrator, and I am not apparently the administrator, that stops me from
    doing things on my computer that I want or need to do.............and I am the owner and only user on this computer. I now find out I need the administrator's password to complete this function myself which I obviously do not have since I did not add the
    sign in page, or make these changes, Microsoft did in one of their updates. How do I get rid of what you have done or make myself the administrator and have my own administrator's password to my computer?

I am trying to be nice about this, but this is not the first time Microsoft has taken command, so to speak, of my computer against my wishes. I have put up with this situation for a while, and I am really sick of it and pretty angry as well. I have windows

Patricia MMcBride, Jul 30, 2020
  4. How do I make myself the administrator

Can't make changes as myself, or Administrator

Hi Christine,

Additional information will help us to identify the cause of this issue. Kindly answer the following questions:

• How many computers are involved to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message that you have encountered?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • The 4 user accounts on your PC, did you set all of it as an administrator?

In the meantime, we suggest that you enable the hidden administrator account in Windows 10 by following these steps using one of your user account:

• Click on Start.
    • Type cmd, and right-click on it.
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command line, and then press Enter:

net user administrator /active:yes
    • You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out, and you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice.

Note: There's no password for the hidden administrator account.

After enabling the hidden administrator account, change the account type of your user accounts to gain administrative privileges:

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Family & other people.
    • Under Other people, select one of the user account, and then select
      Change account type.
    • Under Account type, select Administrator
      from the drop down menu.
    • Click on OK to complete.

After performing the steps above, we will need to disable the hidden administrator because we are using hidden administrator just for troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type cmd, and right-click on it.
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command line, and then press Enter:

net user administrator /active:no
    • The administrator account will now be disabled, and shouldn’t show up on the login screen anymore.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

How do I make myself the administrator

1. How do I make myself the administrator - Similar Threads - myself administrator

2. Administrators and users on Microsoft 365 - How do I remove myself as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrators and users on Microsoft 365 - How do I remove myself as administrator: I have included a new user on a new laptop as part of my Microsoft 365 licence. However, I am now reflected as the administrator and he is reflected as a child user. How do I remove myself completely and reflect him as a full and only user on this laptop?...
  3. Administrators and users on Microsoft 365 - How do I remove myself as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrators and users on Microsoft 365 - How do I remove myself as administrator: I have included a new user on a new laptop as part of my Microsoft 365 licence. However, I am now reflected as the administrator and he is reflected as a child user. How do I remove myself completely and reflect him as a full and only user on this laptop?...
  4. how do I make myself administrator

how do I make myself administrator: when i reinstalled windows a random account called administrator came up and i tried to log into it wit my password and it didnt work so i add to create a non administrator account and now i need to know how to change myself to one, when i got in control panel to try do it,...
  5. how do I make myself administrator

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I make myself administrator: when i reinstalled windows a random account called administrator came up and i tried to log into it wit my password and it didnt work so i add to create a non administrator account and now i need to know how to change myself to one, when i got in control panel to try do it,...
  6. how do I make myself administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I can't set myself back to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't set myself back to administrator: I was trying to get a program to work and accidently changed my account from administrator to normal user, and now I can't change it back to the administrator and it keeps saying I need to contact the administrator to fix it, but I am the only user of the computer. What can I...
  8. I can't set myself back to administrator

I can't set myself back to administrator: I was trying to get a program to work and accidently changed my account from administrator to normal user, and now I can't change it back to the administrator and it keeps saying I need to contact the administrator to fix it, but I am the only user of the computer. What can I...
  9. How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?: How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer? This is a brand new laptop and when I logged in, it logged me in as 2 years old, and I in fact am not 2 years old.I need to use this computer for school and I can not even access websites because it thinks i'm 2...
  10. How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?

How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer?: How can I change Myself to administrator for this computer? This is a brand new laptop and when I logged in, it logged me in as 2 years old, and I in fact am not 2 years old.I need to use this computer for school and I can not even access websites because it thinks i'm 2...