Windows 10: How do i make navigation pane look like this in windows 10 version 1909, because in my file...

Discus and support How do i make navigation pane look like this in windows 10 version 1909, because in my file... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nerdniil96 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nerdniil96, Apr 9, 2020.

1. How do i make navigation pane look like this in windows 10 version 1909, because in my file...

/u/nerdniil96, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How to get horiz scrolling in Navigation Pane in Win 10 Explorer

Welcome to TenForums @linuxgarou

One suggestion would be to hover the mouse over the dividing line between the navigation pane and the list of files (it's the right-hand edge of the navigation pane's vertical scroll bar). When the pointer becomes a double-headed arrow you can click-and-drag to make the navigation pane wider.

I have mine set to about twice the width of the one in your screenshot.

Edit: and so apparently does Ztrucker in the following post.

Bree, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Not able to open sub-folders from navigation pane in File explorer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Under which drive are you not able to view the sub folders?
    • Are you not able to expand the options from navigation pane of the File explorer?

This seems to be a temporary issue. Sometimes disabling and enabling some of the options will fix the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open File explorer by pressing Windows key + E keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on View tab located at the top of the window.
    • Click on Navigation pane and uncheck Navigation pane option.
    • Close the window, follow the above steps from a to
      c
      , only this time check the option Navigation pane and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 9, 2020
  4. How do i make navigation pane look like this in windows 10 version 1909, because in my file...

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Thank you in advance to everyone for your help and time. Hopefully this write-up is succinct. How do i make navigation pane look like this in windows 10 version 1909, because in my file... :)
    I believe there has to be additional registry modifications to solve this issue.

Problem:
    In the Navigation Pane, specifically regarding the Current User folder tree, a Personal Folder (i.e. 3D Objects, Contacts, Desktop, etc... ) continues to show even after making active the Hidden property for that Personal Folder.

Expected Results:
    Any Personal Folder that is marked "Hidden" in the File/Folder Listings Area should also be hidden in the Navigation Pane specifically within the Current User folder tree.

Steps to recreate the issue: (the following steps assume that the option is deactivated to see hidden folders.)
    1. Open File Explorer
    2. Within Navigation Pane, Right-click over any blank area
    3. Select menu-option "Show All Folders"
    4. Select and Expand the Current User folder tree which is listed as a child object to the "Desktop" folder
    5. Within the File/Folder Listings Area, Right-click on a Personal Folder
    6. Select menu-option "Properties"
    7. Within the new Dialogue window, Select the "General" tab, Select to Activate the Attribute "Hidden", Select the "OK" button
    8. Close File Explorer and then Open File Explorer
    9. Select the Current User folder in the Navigation Pane
    10. Notice the recently-hidden folder is still showing in the Navigation Pane even though it is hidden in the File/Folder Listings Area.

System Specs:
    • Edition: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    • Version: 1709
    • OS Build: 16299.371
    • Hard Drives: 2 (SSD & Mechanical)
    • C:\ = SSD
    • D:\ = Mechanical

Current Modifications of System:
    • The %UserProfile% system folder was successfully transferred to D:\ by using Sysprep during Windows Setup. This is the only system folder moved to another drive.

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Navigation Pane: (using Regedit)
    • Hidden = Quick Access
    • Hidden = Libraries
    • Hidden = OneDrive
    • Hidden = Homegroup
    • Hidden = This PC user personal folders

Current Modifications of File Explorer in Folder/File Listing Area:
    • Each unwanted Personal Folder was changed to "Hidden" by Right-clicking the folder and Checking the Attribute checkbox marked "Hidden".

3rd-Party Software Installed:

• Classic Shell
    • Mozilla Firefox
    • IObit Driver Booster
    • Macrium Reflect

TechGuy737, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

How do i make navigation pane look like this in windows 10 version 1909, because in my file...

1. How do i make navigation pane look like this in windows 10 version 1909, because in my file... - Similar Threads - navigation pane version

2. How do I make my tabs look like this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my tabs look like this?: Hey guys I was wondering, how do I make my tabs look like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-tabs-look-like-this/22996afb-d7a3-433e-9dc9-a32ea2a92c1f
  3. How do I make my tabs look like this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my tabs look like this?: Hey guys I was wondering, how do I make my tabs look like this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-my-tabs-look-like-this/22996afb-d7a3-433e-9dc9-a32ea2a92c1f
  4. How do I make my tabs look like this?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.: In File Explorer - I have a OneDrive Picture folder. I have a This PC Picture folder. They are the same - and I can understand that. BUT I also have a Local Disk/Users/Bill/Picture folder. This is different. I am the only user of the laptop. I thought maybe This PC was just...
  6. WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.: I'm baffled by WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane. This morning I had a "Picture" folder - appearing under "This PC" and "Local Disk C" - located in C/User/Bill. I then set my picture folder to backup to OneDrive. Suddenly my "Picture" folder has been put in a...
  7. How do I customize the Navigation pane in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I customize the Navigation pane in windows explorer?: [ATTACH] My OCD is constantly being triggered by only having D drive there. Is there a way that I can customize the Navigation Pane to remove the D or add my C drive there? submitted by /u/toobrokeforgucci [link] [comments]...
  8. Navigation Pane Hierarchy - Make Google Drive appear like OneDrive

Navigation Pane Hierarchy - Make Google Drive appear like OneDrive: Hello, It looks like many people are struggling with the navigation pane, myself included. All I'm trying to do it make the google drive appear in the same way as dropbox and onedrive in file explorer. Picture below; a bonus would be changing the order too. The maybe...
  9. how do i make windows 10 look more like windows 7?

how do i make windows 10 look more like windows 7?: how do i make windows 10 look more like windows 7? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-windows-10-look-more-like-windows-7/37996e5e-0c90-4c35-a2a5-bb8873d5f84d
  10. how do i add MEGAsync to navigation pane in file explorer

how do i add MEGAsync to navigation pane in file explorer: How do I add MEGAsync to the Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 RS2 x64 bit? Mine is no longer there and I want to add it back [not into quick access but into it's own spot like what the guide for adding Google Drive to Navigation Pane did for Google Drive]. I...