Windows 10: How do I make nearby wifi and hotspot connections show up on desktop?

Discus and support How do I make nearby wifi and hotspot connections show up on desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I finished building my PC, and I already plugged in my phone to connect the pc to internet via USB cable (I don't have wifi router) and did the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotWea, Aug 25, 2020.

1. /u/NotWea Win User

How do I make nearby wifi and hotspot connections show up on desktop?

So I finished building my PC, and I already plugged in my phone to connect the pc to internet via USB cable (I don't have wifi router) and did the updates, now, how do I make nearby wifi and hotspot show up? It just tells me to go on network settings etc.. but I can't do anything

submitted by /u/NotWea
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NotWea, Aug 25, 2020

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

How do I make nearby wifi and hotspot connections show up on desktop? [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Aug 25, 2020
  3. adas14 Win User
    cant connect to my hotspot

my phone connects to the wife hotspot. win 10 desktops not. just checked that windows 7 desktop connects with my hotspot. To be clear. I turn hotspot with my laptop. my phone shows connection and it connects , windows 7 desktop shows connection and it connects, but windows 10 desktops does not show my laptop's hotspot connection at all. And it happened after i did windows update on my laptop...

adas14, Aug 25, 2020
  4. How do I make nearby wifi and hotspot connections show up on desktop?

Wifi Hotspot Connectivity Problem.

After upgrading to Win10; my laptop (Sony Vaio VPCEB44EN) is not able to find mobile hotspot network in available wi-fi list. I tried so many times but sometimes its shows the hotspot network and connects but no internet access comes and most of the time
    I cant find hotspot network in wifi list.

Kartikisbest, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

How do I make nearby wifi and hotspot connections show up on desktop?

1. How do I make nearby wifi and hotspot connections show up on desktop? - Similar Threads - nearby wifi hotspot

2. Wifi connections are not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connections are not showing up: After my wifi connections weren't showing up, I factory restarted my computer and they are STILL not showing up. The only option available on the Let's connect you to a network screen is ethernet and I cant press that or anything. Please help....
  3. Wifi connections are not showing up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connections are not showing up: After my wifi connections weren't showing up, I factory restarted my computer and they are STILL not showing up. The only option available on the Let's connect you to a network screen is ethernet and I cant press that or anything. Please help....
  4. How to connect with Nearby share?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect with Nearby share?: Am using windows 11 , and I try to share files using nearby option but its not working, Need help with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-with-nearby-share/c6e1848c-ac67-4271-9143-0b3c6311335d
  5. How to connect with Nearby share?

How to connect with Nearby share?: Am using windows 11 , and I try to share files using nearby option but its not working, Need help with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-with-nearby-share/c6e1848c-ac67-4271-9143-0b3c6311335d
  6. How do I make all network connections show

How do I make all network connections show: Windows 10, desktop. File Explorer, left hand column, Network tab. Rarely do all network connections show. Usually just 2 of the 6 connections ever show, sometines 3, sometimes none, and which ones show can change from day to day. The two, most often used connections rarely...
  7. How do I make all network connections show

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make all network connections show: Windows 10, desktop. File Explorer, left hand column, Network tab. Rarely do all network connections show. Usually just 2 of the 6 connections ever show, sometines 3, sometimes none, and which ones show can change from day to day. The two, most often used connections rarely...
  8. Wifi Hotspot connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Hotspot connectivity: I'm able to connect to the internet in my laptop from my phone hotspot using SIM1, but when trying to connect to internet using SIM2, its showing connected, but no internet. So how can i get access to the network using SIM2 in the laptop Wifi? is it an adapter issue?...
  9. How do I set up a WiFi connection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I set up a WiFi connection?: I used to have an Ethernet connection but since my family got new internet and set the router in a different place I can’t connect via Ethernet. I’m wondering how I can set up a WiFi connection without Ethernet. submitted by /u/Rimbles1 [link] [comments]...
  10. Wifi Connectivity to hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Connectivity to hotspot: I am facing problem connecting to the portable hotspot for accessing internet using wifi in my windows 10. It is getting connected to the hotspot but showing NO INTERNET, SECURED. So i am unable to access the internet from my pc. I am using hp ay009tx laptop. Please reply...