Windows 10: How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I...

Discus and support How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I delete them from my desktop?I want to clear stuff from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KevinCarv, May 9, 2022.

1. KevinCarv Win User

How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I...

How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I delete them from my desktop?I want to clear stuff from my computer but whenever I delete something, onedrive also deletes it from the cloud, making itself useless.

:)

KevinCarv, May 9, 2022

2. Deleting on-disk OneDrive folder WITHOUT deleting from cloud?

Dear Cerberus.

Er - here's a picture of my OneDrive folder, if I can work out how to attach it to this! No cloudsigns or ticks in boxes, just a long list of files I want only in the cloud, not on the hard drive (but don't want to delete FROM the cloud!!)

How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I... [​IMG]

It's come up saying 'Attach=Config}347209[/attach] so I hope something appears when I post this!

Very sorry - how do I make the ticks and cloud signs appear? BTW - there's more in that list than's appearing in the screenshot, that's why it doesn't look like that many files.

Yours respectfully

Chris.

ulrichburke, May 9, 2022
  3. How best to get 150 GB uploaded to OneDrive.

I was in a similar situation. This method worked for me but the caveat is you need sufficient hard drive space.

1. Setup the files/folders in a folder (not onedrive) lets call it temp for uploading. Break them into groups of files that make sense and you can work with easily. Setup a second folder, lets call that completed uploads
    2. Setup the onedrive client to sync the local onedrive folder to the cloud
    3. Copy a small group of the files from the temp folder into the onedrive folder
    4. Monitor onedrive it should upload over time in the background
    5. Once uploaded move the completed files from the temp folder into the completed folder
    6. Repeat these steps
    7. Once everything has gradually moved into onedrive delete the temp and completed folders that are local on your hard drive, leaving the migrated files in the onedrive folder (and synced).

Depending on your network and internet connection speeds this can take a while but is a method you can just leave doing its thing.

MarkInKent, May 9, 2022
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I...

Video uploading not working to the Cloud

Hi Faye,

There may be some requirements that have to be met for you to be able to upload the video file to the cloud successfully. Allow us to clarify some details so we can properly isolate the concern.

• Are you trying to upload the video from your computer to OneDrive?
    • What is the file type of the video?
    • What is the size of the video that you were trying to upload?
    • Have you tried uploading a different video file just to check if it would go through?

We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, May 9, 2022
Thema:

1. How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I... - Similar Threads - onedrive UPLOAD stuff

2. how do i stop auto uploading to any cloud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i stop auto uploading to any cloud?: no matter what i trn off my files insist on uploading to my one drive foilder and then my cloud. my questens are many but. i will ask here.1 how do i stop the auto upload when its already turned off. 2 how can i sync my passwords and my bookmarkls and not any thing else thats...
  3. how do i stop auto uploading to any cloud?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i stop auto uploading to any cloud?: no matter what i trn off my files insist on uploading to my one drive foilder and then my cloud. my questens are many but. i will ask here.1 how do i stop the auto upload when its already turned off. 2 how can i sync my passwords and my bookmarkls and not any thing else thats...
  4. how do i stop auto uploading to any cloud?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I...: How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I delete them from my desktop?I want to clear stuff from my computer but whenever I delete something, onedrive also deletes it from the cloud, making itself useless....
  6. How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I...

How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I...: How do I make onedrive only UPLOAD my stuff to the cloud - but NOT delete them when I delete them from my desktop?I want to clear stuff from my computer but whenever I delete something, onedrive also deletes it from the cloud, making itself useless....
  7. How do I stop syncing my iphone photos to onedrive and upload them in pictures on my PC...

How do I stop syncing my iphone photos to onedrive and upload them in pictures on my PC...: I thought I disabled Onedrive yet my iphone photos upload into Onedrive and not pictures in documents which is where I want them to go. I already have icloud and I do not want to use Onedrive at all. I can not find a Onedrive app to relocate where the photos go.....A few of...
  8. Can I stop OneDrive from uploading to the Cloud

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I stop OneDrive from uploading to the Cloud: I just began setting up a new PC four days ago and chose to let OneDrive manage my files. Now I'm a COMPLETE HOSTAGE to 200GB of files uploading to the internet, which will take MONTHS. My photos and music are already backed up in two other places. Can I stop this process,...
  9. I uploaded jpeg photos to OneDrive, but when I view them online I only see a mountain and...

I uploaded jpeg photos to OneDrive, but when I view them online I only see a mountain and...: I uploaded jpeg photos to OneDrive, but when I view them online I only see a mountain and sun icon instead of the picture. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-uploaded-jpeg-photos-to-onedrive-but-when-i-view/e11709ce-7b76-4a8d-a72b-0ffde36721f3"
  10. How can I get back stuff I deleted everywhere in my OneDrive?

How can I get back stuff I deleted everywhere in my OneDrive?: I deleted all of my pictures and videos folder and put it all into DropBox and I'm having issues trying to bring everything from DropBox back into my OneDrive. I even deleted it from the OneDrive Bins 1-2....